TGIF!!! And perhaps time for a story!!

Old 05-31-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Ann
....when the song was interrupted and the DJ said "We interrupt this program, to warn our listeners that the county roads and bridges have been flooded by a freak storm, and shelter and ice tea is being offered by Walmarts, just off Route 66. And if you bring your dog, doggie treats will be provided."

"Hear that Puddles?" Tiara Girl cried. "Lucky for us that is Walmarts just up the road."

Pulling in to the parking lot, Tiara Girl noticed a sign that read "Special this week - Duck Tape and Hip Waders, $14.99".

Little did she know that....
...she was gonna need to stock up.Garth2 was not about to let a good thing go so easily.He and Red had hopped into the souped up RV Red owned.It had a tacky mural painted all over...a regular Rhinestone Cowgirlmobile.They were hot on the trail and speeding towards Wal Mart to catch up,when just ahead...
Old 05-31-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by phoenix
...she was gonna need to stock up.Garth2 was not about to let a good thing go so easily.He and Red had hopped into the souped up RV Red owned.It had a tacky mural painted all over...a regular Rhinestone Cowgirlmobile.They were hot on the trail and speeding towards Wal Mart to catch up,when just ahead...
they saw a costume shop. They knew they would need some fancy disguises to even get near Tiara Girl and her poodle Puddles. Red pulled that RV into the parking lot and they both got out. They stepped inside the shop and started to look around. They weren't quite sure what disguises they should try to find but knew they needed something and fast. Deep in thought, Garthy2 was startled when he felt a tapping on his shoulder. He spun around to find........
Old 05-31-2003, 07:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...to find Smoke, the Costume Queen, and as they were looking through the selection, Smoke said "I think that Garth would look great in gold lame (hope I spelled that right LOL), and you Red, would be exquisite in purple velvet, and I'll throw in a couple of boas to match".

So, sporting their new disguises, Garth and Red headed off to WalMart, hoping not to draw too much attention to themselves.

As they came through the door, the WalMart Greeter, who was really Tiara Girl's guardian Angel (don't you love stories with angels?), ....anyway, the Greeter walked up to Garth and said....
Old 05-31-2003, 07:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

..."Could you please walk through this new fangles metal detector here? We can't be too careful here today. Doncha know we have royalty in our midst?"

Off in the distance Garth2 could see a blaze of blue light. "Damn" he said "This is K-Mart, not WalMart! What do I do now??"
Old 05-31-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Just Tired
..."Could you please walk through this new fangles metal detector here? We can't be too careful here today. Doncha know we have royalty in our midst?"

Off in the distance Garth2 could see a blaze of blue light. "Damn" he said "This is K-Mart, not WalMart! What do I do now??"
Meanwhile...Red had larceny in her heart and was eyeing a display of rhinestone jewelry in the distance.If she could get past the detector she knew just what to do to get her hot little mitts on the goods.But alas,Garth2 was about to set the detector off due to those pesky...
Old 06-01-2003, 12:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

spurs of his. He knew he should have changed his boots at the costume shop, but they were such a part of him. What is a cowboy without his boots?They are part of the whole IMAGE!! Red figured while they were busy with Garthy2 she was going to make a run for it to the jewelry that made her eyes sparkle. She had such a bad habit of taking what didn't belong to her. Just as she started to place one of the necklaces around her neck......
Old 06-01-2003, 08:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by matters
spurs of his. He knew he should have changed his boots at the costume shop, but they were such a part of him. What is a cowboy without his boots?They are part of the whole IMAGE!! Red figured while they were busy with Garthy2 she was going to make a run for it to the jewelry that made her eyes sparkle. She had such a bad habit of taking what didn't belong to her. Just as she started to place one of the necklaces around her neck......
a saleswoman came up and asked if she could help her. Red knew the moment had passed where she could take the sparkly items that caught her eye. Oh no, she said, I was just seeing if this matched my outfit and I see it doesn't. She put the necklace back reluctantly and went over to see what was happening with Garthy2. He was just slipping his boots back on and said, "Let's get to Wal-Mart, these blue lights are making me dizzy. I am not letting that girl and her dog get away." Red was a little annoyed that he was so persistant in going after this tiara wearing bimbo. Why was he so obsessed with her and that poodle. Well, she was going to find out. They finally got out of the K-Mart and hopped into Red's RV and headed the few blocks to the Wal-Mart. It was raining real hard and it was difficult to see but they managed to make it and find a parking spot. "Geez, there are alot of people here, I hope we find her and I hope they didn't drink all that iced tea. I am mighty thirsty", Garty2 replied. As they got out of the RV.........
Old 06-01-2003, 10:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

as they got out of the RV....Garth spotted the "Duck Tape Special" sign and knew whre he would find Tiara Girl. Garth and Red, holding up their gowns to avoid puddles and exposing rather hairy legs for two "ladies", were taken aback when the Greeter pointed them directly to the ladies cosmetics to get some Nair that was also on special.

"This is holdin' me up!" panted Garth. "I need to get over to the hardware section fast, before I lose her!"

Paying for his Nair, Garth grabbed the bag and raced over to Aisle 3, (knocking over two large women in Aisle 2, fighting over the last bottle of bubble bath on sale today only) and as he approached Aisle 3, he was started to see.....
Old 06-01-2003, 12:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

..startled to see.....OH MY GOSH.....let me back up an aisle. THERE SHE IS!!! It's Tiara girl and her poodle, Puddles, or was it Puddles her poodle, leaving puddles? Oh well, that wasn't the important thing for he had his eyes on Tiara at that very moment and, holy moly, was she ever looking breath taking. She was trying on the hip waders and mmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm looking might fine to Garthy2. Garthy2 overheard her say to the clerk,

"Do these hip waders make my butt look big?"

To which the clerk replied,

"Well, darlin', of course not. I think they help balance out the THREE tiaras atop your bouffant hairdo!"

Tiara smiled cause she knew she was looking hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July. 'Bout that time she looked to her right and that is when she got a glimpse of Garthy2. OH GOOD GLORY!!!!!!! She grabbed poor Puddles the poodle who has done more than puddled on the floor and..........
Old 06-01-2003, 01:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by Hangin' In
..startled to see.....OH MY GOSH.....let me back up an aisle. THERE SHE IS!!! It's Tiara girl and her poodle, Puddles, or was it Puddles her poodle, leaving puddles? Oh well, that wasn't the important thing for he had his eyes on Tiara at that very moment and, holy moly, was she ever looking breath taking. She was trying on the hip waders and mmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm looking might fine to Garthy2. Garthy2 overheard her say to the clerk,

"Do these hip waders make my butt look big?"

To which the clerk replied,

"Well, darlin', of course not. I think they help balance out the THREE tiaras atop your bouffant hairdo!"

Tiara smiled cause she knew she was looking hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July. 'Bout that time she looked to her right and that is when she got a glimpse of Garthy2. OH GOOD GLORY!!!!!!! She grabbed poor Puddles the poodle who has done more than puddled on the floor and..........
and started to head for the exit then remembered she hadn't paid for her purchases yet. What was she going to do. Oh well, she would just pretend she hadn't seen Garthy2 and would go about paying for her purchases and then make a run for it. Garthy2 was looking at her kind of funny and was just about to approach her when Red saddled up beside him. She had seen how he was looking at that tiara trash and she wasn't about to loose this one. "What is our next move, lover," she said seductively as she moved her hand down his arm. He looked at her for a second to remove her hand from his arm, glanced back at Tiara Girl and she was gone!! "Damn it, Red! You've been getting in my way a little too much lately. Don't you know that Poodle is a meal ticket and every time I am about to get my hands on her.....hmmm.....the poodle, there you are getting in my way!!" Well Red saw red and she was just about to kick him where the sun didn't shine, when all of a sudden.......
Old 06-01-2003, 01:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Garthy2 saw the glimse of Tiara girl running out the door. He ran as fast as he could and there she was holding her poodle and wadding through all the water that was in the parking lot. He starred at her with a big smile on his face enjoying the site of her in her new hip wadders. She was lucky she had them because the puddles were mighty deep out there now!! She was just about to open the door to her emerald civic and.......
Old 06-01-2003, 04:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Garthy2 saw the glimse of Tiara girl running out the door. He ran as fast as he could and there she was holding her poodle and wadding through all the water that was in the parking lot. He starred at her with a big smile on his face enjoying the site of her in her new hip wadders. She was lucky she had them because the puddles were mighty deep out there now!! She was just about to open the door to her emerald civic and.......
she saw Garthy2 get tangled up in his gold lame gown and watched him fall right into the water in the parking lot. Since she was such a nice girl she almost felt compelled to go help him but the urge to get away was too strong. She hopped in her emerald civic, put in drive and sort of floated right out of that parking lot. She felt for Puddles and he was right beside her, she felt her head, all the tiaras were in place. What had she been thinking picking up a hitchhiker and going to a Karaoke bar, look at all that had happened in one little evening. This was supposed to be a relaxing vacation. Tiara Girl was pondering all that had just happened so she didn't notice that the danger sign was still in the back seat of her car - it started to glow and vibrate. As she was turning the corner to get out of this crazy karaoke town, she almot ran into........
Old 06-01-2003, 05:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

The curve sign on the side of the road. It was big enough, but it was still so hard to see. The road was slippery and Tiara girl was going way too fast for the road conditions. She looked in her rear view mirror and saw the head lights coming toward her. She couldn't tell who it was. Puddles started to bark and......
Old 06-01-2003, 08:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

piddle more puddles on the floor of the Emerald Civic. The lights were coming closer to their car, when to Tiara Girl's dismay, flashing lights on top of the approaching car started going off! Wouldn't ya know? Probably couldn't have found a cop in this one-horse town if ya wanted to, but ya drive too fast for the road conditions, and hit a sign, and there they are! Tiara Girl put on her sweetest smile (just in case it might help) and rolled down her window, as the officer approached. Stunned, Tiara Girl realized the officer was none other than..........
Old 06-02-2003, 04:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by lyn_blossom78
piddle more puddles on the floor of the Emerald Civic. The lights were coming closer to their car, when to Tiara Girl's dismay, flashing lights on top of the approaching car started going off! Wouldn't ya know? Probably couldn't have found a cop in this one-horse town if ya wanted to, but ya drive too fast for the road conditions, and hit a sign, and there they are! Tiara Girl put on her sweetest smile (just in case it might help) and rolled down her window, as the officer approached. Stunned, Tiara Girl realized the officer was none other than..........
that salesman from Topeka. At least it looked like the salesman from Topeka. "Maam, I will need to see your driver's license and registration please," he said. As she fumbled for her bag, his two way radio went off with an emergency call. "Maam, never mind. Just consider this a warning, and drive more safely." He tipped his hat and he was off into the night. Whew, that was close she thought. He sure did look like that Topeka salesman. It was late and she noticed a Super 8 ahead and figured she really wanted to get some sleep before she travelled any further. She went to the super eight and paid for a nights stay. As she was leaving the lobby she saw a sign that said there was a carnival on the other side of town. "What do you think Puddles? After a good nights sleep we head over and spend the day at the carnival. That will be a lot of fun, shouldn't be a whole lot of trouble we can get into there." She couldn't it see it but as she was saying these words to puddles, the danger sign in the emerald civic was glowing and vibrating more than it had before.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tiara Girl fumbled with the key, and finally managed to get the motel door open, with Puddles tucked under her arm. She switched on the light, and right in the middle of the 70's-style bedspread was a beautiful white cat with a tiara on her head! "Well," said Tiara Girl. "I guess the cat thinks she owns the place......" As she said this, Puddles leaped out of her arms and jumped on the bed--thinking, I'm sure that he would chase the cat around the room--but the cat just laid lazily on the bed, while extending a sharp claw, to ward off any possible attack. Poor Puddles, seeing that this would be a lost cause, jumped back onto the floor, with his tail between his legs, whining, and wondering if he was about to be replaced, as he'd been disciplined already several times today for his indisgressions.

Tiara Girl got immediately on the phone and called the front desk about the cat, only to receive the reply that the motel did not have a "house cat". "Now what am I going to do? Guess I'll have to keep it," she mumbled to herself in dismay. Exhausted, Tiara Girl plopped into a chair, thinking she'd go over her agenda for tomorrow, then take a quick shower and get to bed...... Just then, there was a knock on her door......
Old 06-03-2003, 12:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

It was the hotel manager coming to see about the cat. Tiara girl turned around and pointed to the bed to show the man and much to her surprise there was NO cat on the bed. She looked around the room and there wasn't a cat anywhere in the room. "It was just here," she said. "It is a beautiful white cat with a tiara on its head". The man looked puzzled and shook his head from side to side as if to say, "you've lost your mind."He told her to have a good night and keep the door locked. As soon as the man left Tiara girl turned around and there on the bed was the cat. She said,"now where were you hiding?" The cat said in reply, "no where, I have been here the whole time!" A talking cat! What was this all about? "I am Princess Angel Kitty. I am here to help you.What is you wish?" Tiara girl thought for a moment and then.....
Old 06-04-2003, 04:14 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

It was the hotel manager coming to see about the cat. Tiara girl turned around and pointed to the bed to show the man and much to her surprise there was NO cat on the bed. She looked around the room and there wasn't a cat anywhere in the room. "It was just here," she said. "It is a beautiful white cat with a tiara on its head". The man looked puzzled and shook his head from side to side as if to say, "you've lost your mind."He told her to have a good night and keep the door locked. As soon as the man left Tiara girl turned around and there on the bed was the cat. She said,"now where were you hiding?" The cat said in reply, "no where, I have been here the whole time!" A talking cat! What was this all about? "I am Princess Angel Kitty. I am here to help you.What is you wish?" Tiara girl thought for a moment and then.....
she said, "All I want right now is to get a good nights sleep, so I can be fresh for the carnival tomorrow." Tiara girl laid down on the bed the cat on one side and puddles on the other and slept. After a few hours sleep there was a knocking on the door. Tiara girl got up and wondered who could be knocking at this ungodly hour. She looked out the peek hole and was stunned to see......
Old 06-07-2003, 05:16 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I am continuing with the story just because

Originally posted by barbiedeb
she said, "All I want right now is to get a good nights sleep, so I can be fresh for the carnival tomorrow." Tiara girl laid down on the bed the cat on one side and puddles on the other and slept. After a few hours sleep there was a knocking on the door. Tiara girl got up and wondered who could be knocking at this ungodly hour. She looked out the peek hole and was stunned to see......
Charmin' Armand the Armodillo from Amarillo. What the heck is he doing here, she thought. "Can I help you Armand?", she shouted through the door without opening it. " Back at the convenience store you left without taking your change. I was making my way to the carnival and saw your emerald civic and thought I would return it," he said. How nice she thought, I guess Armand is charmin' and can't be that bad after all. She opened the door and left Armand in. "Thanks Armand, I am going to the carnival in the morning. If you'd like to bunk on the floor, I can give you a ride then morning," she said. So Armand fell asleep in the corner and Tiara Girl settled in again on the bed with her two furry friends. They just didn't know while they were sleeping there was.........
Old 06-07-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

a small group of elves outside, gathering around the Emerald Civic! They were trying to figure out what that strange glow was in the back of the car. Of course, we all know it was the danger sign glowing, letting us know that Tiara Girl was still headed towards danger. As the sun began to peek over the horizon, the elves began to..........