TGIF!!! And perhaps time for a story!!

Old 05-30-2003, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

TGIF!!! And perhaps time for a story!!

I am so glad its Friday although a few things happened to make me a bit sad/pissed, what ever you want to call it. But I am putting it out of my mind for the weekend. It will all still be there on Monday and I will deal with it then. Kind of a don't give a crap weekend for me!!

So what would you say about a story? I know its only Friday but hey, its the weekend.

So I will begin.

Tiara girl wasn't feeling well, so she decided to take a little vacation. She was still a little exhausted after that crazy dream she had about elves, elephants, green leaves, purple rocks, that crazy salesman from Topeka and Mel Gibson just to name a few. So she packed up her little emerald civic and her and her trusty poodle dog were off on another adventure and she decided to head down south. She was driving along, bopping and singing along to some Mel Torme tunes on the radio when all of a sudden......
Old 05-30-2003, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

There was a sign in the middle of the road. It said:

"ROAD CLOSED. USE DETOUR".

She looked around to find an arrow to point her in the right direction. There didn't seem to be one! "Man", she thought, "what a lazy road crew. They didn't leave me a hint as to which way I am supposed to go!"

She turned to ask her faithful pooch, but he was sound asleep next to her. His little whiskers twitched in enjoyment of a good dream.

"Well, guess I have to figure this one out for myself!" she thought.

She looked to the right. The only thing there was a very narrow road. In fact, you might be tempted to call it a path. It was just wide enough that her little car might fit. "Hum... no signs saying where that leads..... I don't know... " she thought.

Over to her left was a small bridge. It spanned a small stream. The more she looked at it, she noticed how pretty the water was. Lots of moss and small pebbles on the shoulders of the stream. But, there was too much brush and overhanging trees to see what was on the other side of the bridge.

"Well," she said. Time for me to take a risk and see where this leads me! Fasten your seatbelt puppy dog!"

She turned the steering wheel of the car, and..............
Old 05-30-2003, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When all of a sudden her little emerald civic started to slow down. Now her first instinct was to panic, but then she remembered her inner strength and a calmness came over her. Everything will be OK because she had her BEST buddie by her side. Her little poodle dog of course. She started to day dream about what it would be like to start a singing career of her own. Sitting in the car waiting for help to arrive she imagined herself on stage, tiara and all......
Old 05-30-2003, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

... she saw an object in the middle of the road ahead of her. She brought the civic to a screeching halt just in time. For there in the highway was just the sort of creature you might expect to see on the road in the south. Way south. An armodillo.

"Thank you for stopping." said the Armodillo. "I was trying to thumb, but I don't have any and I need to get to Amarillo. My name is Armand."

TiaraGirl checked her hairdo. Nope. She had on the right tiara this time.

Armand hopped in the passenger side of the civic.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Cluster post......lol But it flows!! You gals are good!!

PS.....I am just going to watch a little this time and see how far this goes. I am already enjoying it. Such fun!!

Last edited by Debbie; 05-30-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally posted by smoke gets in my eyes
... she saw an object in the middle of the road ahead of her. She brought the civic to a screeching halt just in time. For there in the highway was just the sort of creature you might expect to see on the road in the south. Way south. An armodillo.

"Thank you for stopping." said the Armodillo. "I was trying to thumb, but I don't have any and I need to get to Amarillo. My name is Armand."

TiaraGirl checked her hairdo. Nope. She had on the right tiara this time.

Armand hopped in the passenger side of the civic.
Armand had many interesting stories to tell,most of which seemed to feature him as the hero.He had a penchant for rescue and damsels and distress...not neccessarily in that order.Unfortunately,he also smoked like a fish and seemed to be hinting that he was short on cash.And there was faint whiskey smell....hhhhhhmmmmm.Could Armand be trouble in disguise?

Tiara Girl had a feeling that...
Old 05-30-2003, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tiara Girl had a feeling that Arman, the Armodillo from Amarillo, was not all that he appeared to be. She noticed that he had a tattoo that read "Born to be wildlife", and that his cigarette holder had the inscription "To My Arman, so charmin" on it.

Suddenly her head turned:tongue3: - yes, clear around...and her trusty poodle, Puddles, was sniffing and barking at something that was laying beside the car....
Old 05-30-2003, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tiara Girl looked outside the

Emerald Civic. There on the ground, was a sign that said "DANGER".
"Where on Earth did this come from?" Tiara Girl said. Then she heard a voice whisper in her ear.
"Use the force, Tiara Girl".
"What?" Tiara Girl replied.
"Use the force" the voice whispered again.
"I don't get it," Tiara Girl said.
"THE FORCE! FORCE THE DAMNED ARMADILLO OUT OF THE CAR. HE'S DANGEROUS!" the voice yelled. "Jeeze, you mortals are always asking for a sign. But when you get one, you are awful dim about how to use it."
Tiara Girl turned back to Charmin' Armand and realized that he was now holding...
Old 05-30-2003, 04:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...a carton of Ben & Jerry's Chunkey Monkey ice cream. He had no spoon so was using his shell and offered Tiara Girl a serving.

"No thanks" she said (even though it was her favourite). Thinking of a ruse to get him out of the car, and hiding the sign that had been given her, she continued..."but I think I spotted a store up ahead. If I give you $20 will you go and get me some...."
Old 05-30-2003, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"coffee?"
Now Charmin' Armand (no fool he) realized that 20$ would buy a lot more than coffee. So he snatched the twenty-dollar-bill out of Tiara Girl's hand with his beady little teeth.
Tiara Girl stopped at the store. When Charmin' Armand got out, she laid metal to the peddle and sped away. She kept her DANGER sign on the seat next to her, as a reminder to be careful on her journey.
Perhaps that was fortunate, because at the next traffic light, she was approached by...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Candy."What kind?" asked Arman. "It really doesn't matter, what ever you think I might like" responded Tiara girl. As soon as he had walked into the store Tiara girl stepped on the excellerator and started to speed off. Arman ran out and shouted "WAIT for ME"!! Was she feeling guilty for ditching him? The next thing she realized was...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh no,I am not very good at this .I keep posting when someone else does. I have to get ready for work so will check in later tonight. Maybe I can add when no one else is awake!

Bye for now,
matters
Old 05-30-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - Matters, we all cluster post here.

Let me see what I can do...

Last seen, Tiara Girl was speeding down the road, with her Danger sign beside her, after ditching Armand with $20 at the store buying candy and coffee, and at the next traffic light she was approached by......
Old 05-30-2003, 06:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by Ann
LOL - Matters, we all cluster post here.

Let me see what I can do...

Last seen, Tiara Girl was speeding down the road, with her Danger sign beside her, after ditching Armand with $20 at the store buying candy and coffee, and at the next traffic light she was approached by......
a cute guy that bore a striking resemblence to Garth Brooks. "Hey Darlin'" he drawled in a voice that just made her swoon, "where you headed?" "Where ever my little emerald civic leads me", she said with a smile. "Well, do you think I can hitch a ride? They are having a Karaoke night at Jumping Joe's which is down the road a ways and the grand prize is $500. My truck broke down and I've been waiting for someone to ride by. I just know I am going to win the contest. If you hang around, I will give you some gas money for your troubles."

Tiara girl thought long and hard, and then thought what the heck, maybe she would join in that karaoke contest too. "Hop in, she said, I just love singing. I think I will go and check it out too!" The cute guy hopped in the car with a smile. "Are you that good that you think you are going to win", asked Tiara Girl. "Of course", he replied. "Why don't you give me a little sample", she asked. All of a sudden he was singing..........
Old 05-30-2003, 06:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

"I Got Friends In Low Places". The DANGER sign started to glow and vibrate. But since Tiara Girl had tossed it in the back seat to make room for the Garth wannabe, she couldn't see it.
When they got to the Karaoke bar, the joint was jumpin'. They went in and got a table. Tiara Girl ordered an iced tea. Garth wannabe ordered a double Jack Daniels with a beer back.
The DANGER sign continued to glow and vibrate in the the Emerald Civic.
Tiara Girl finally got her chance at the mike. She decided to sing...
Old 05-30-2003, 06:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Somebody's knockin'
should I let him in?
Lord it's the devil
would you look at him.
I thought about it
but I never dreamed
He'd have blue eyes and blue jeans....

Garth2 began to squirm in his seat.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally posted by smoke gets in my eyes
Somebody's knockin'
should I let him in?
Lord it's the devil
would you look at him.
I thought about it
but I never dreamed
He'd have blue eyes and blue jeans....

Garth2 began to squirm in his seat.

....and then she broke into Stand By Your Man.People were dancing on the tables and tossing beer bottles and Tiara Girl wondered why she hadn't noticed the chicken wire until it was too late.By this time, Garth Wanna had struck up a conversation or something with a top heavy red haired "lady",and didn't even notice when....
Old 05-30-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by phoenix
....and then she broke into Stand By Your Man.People were dancing on the tables and tossing beer bottles and Tiara Girl wondered why she hadn't noticed the chicken wire until it was too late.By this time, Garth Wanna had struck up a conversation or something with a top heavy red haired "lady",and didn't even notice when....
she started to sing her third song. But then he heard her, and began to wonder if she knew about him. He listened to her closely and was surprised how quiet the bar had gotten. He was worried, real worried.

Tiara girl wasn't sure where this song came from but it was flowing out of her like she had sung it all her life.....

Speak of the devil.
The devil appears.
Waiting for some one.
Been waiting for years.
And it's alright now.
Yeah I'm alright now.

Watching him walking.
Like watching a flame.
Trying to forget him.
Don't mention his name.
And I'm alright now.
Yeah I'm alright now.

Oh Garthy2 was real worried this little gal was going to win the contest and then he DID notice the chicken wire and he had an idea.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally posted by barbiedeb
she started to sing her third song. But then he heard her, and began to wonder if she knew about him. He listened to her closely and was surprised how quiet the bar had gotten. He was worried, real worried.

Tiara girl wasn't sure where this song came from but it was flowing out of her like she had sung it all her life.....

Speak of the devil.
The devil appears.
Waiting for some one.
Been waiting for years.
And it's alright now.
Yeah I'm alright now.

Watching him walking.
Like watching a flame.
Trying to forget him.
Don't mention his name.
And I'm alright now.
Yeah I'm alright now.

Oh Garthy2 was real worried this little gal was going to win the contest and then he DID notice the chicken wire and he had an idea.

She'll sing! And she'll sing! And she'll SING! SING! SING! SING! And the more the Garth2 thought of this Tiara Girl winning, The more the Garth2 thought, "I must stop this whole thing!"
"Why, for twenty-three minutes I've put up with it now!" "I MUST stop this T Girl from singing!

...But HOW?"

Then he got an idea! An awful idea! THE Garth2 GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
Old 05-30-2003, 07:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by phoenix
She'll sing! And she'll sing! And she'll SING! SING! SING! SING! And the more the Garth2 thought of this Tiara Girl winning, The more the Garth2 thought, "I must stop this whole thing!"
"Why, for twenty-three minutes I've put up with it now!" "I MUST stop this T Girl from singing!

...But HOW?"

Then he got an idea! An awful idea! THE Garth2 GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
Garthy2 took that chicken wire and sort of laid it on the floor just so. And when Tiara girl moved up with that microphone and was just about to belt out her 4th song, she tripped. Tiara Girl went flying into the crowd. She was screaming for help (but not flailing her arms since she had to hold on to her tiara) and thought she was going to hit the floor when two large arms reached out and caught her. She was winded but looked up to see she was staring into the eyes of.......