TGIF!!! And perhaps time for a story!!

Old 06-07-2003, 02:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I guess its me and you Lyn!!

Originally posted by lyn_blossom78
a small group of elves outside, gathering around the Emerald Civic! They were trying to figure out what that strange glow was in the back of the car. Of course, we all know it was the danger sign glowing, letting us know that Tiara Girl was still headed towards danger. As the sun began to peek over the horizon, the elves began to..........
dance and sing around the emerald civic. They obviously thought this was some type of object to be adored. A glowing emerald civic is something they had never seen before. It actually looked they were singing and dancing the macarena and they were since ever since they heard the song and seen the dance, it had become the song of adoration.

Tiara Girl was woken up again to this racket. She threw her clothes on and ran out to see what the heck these elves were doing around her emerald civic. Just as she reached them......
Old 06-07-2003, 10:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

one of the elves grabbed her hand, and another one grabbed her other one, forcing Tiara Girl into dancing around her Emerald Civic! Boy did Tiara Girl feel stupid! But as luck would have it, as Tiara Girl came toward the back of the car, she noticed the danger sign glowing inside.

"Oh my," she exclaimed. "I'm in danger! What do you suppose is going to happen?" she wondered aloud.

Tiara Girl placed both of her hands on her tiara, trying to think with all the knowledge she had acquired by wearing it. Closing her eyes, she meditated on it for a moment, when the thought finally hit her of what she must do.........
Old 06-10-2003, 04:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

one of the elves grabbed her hand, and another one grabbed her other one, forcing Tiara Girl into dancing around her Emerald Civic! Boy did Tiara Girl feel stupid! But as luck would have it, as Tiara Girl came toward the back of the car, she noticed the danger sign glowing inside.

"Oh my," she exclaimed. "I'm in danger! What do you suppose is going to happen?" she wondered aloud.

Tiara Girl placed both of her hands on her tiara, trying to think with all the knowledge she had acquired by wearing it. Closing her eyes, she meditated on it for a moment, when the thought finally hit her of what she must do.........
and then it left her again. Tiaras, they just don't make them like they used to she thought. Oh well, I am going to the carnival, a day of fun will do me a world of good. So she packed up Puddles, Princess Angel Kitty, and Armund the Armodillo from Amarillo and was just about to head off when she looked at the elves and they were crying. Whats the matter guys she said. We want to go to the carnival too, they cried. Hop in, the more the merrier she said. So the elves hopped into the emerald civic and they were all on their way to the carnival.

Tiara girl made it to the carnival in record time and she even found a parking spot up front which she found a little amazing since it already seemed so crowded. The first place she was headed was the merry go round. She really didn't like rides a whole lot but for some reason this merry go round was calling her name. She had just about reached the ride when........
Old 06-10-2003, 04:40 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

she was drawn to the side by one of those guys trying to get her to play a carnival game. I say drawn, as he had actually pulled her over with one of those really big canes. Now, Tiara Girl wasn't really up to playing a game yet, until she had ridden a few rides and had a couple of elephant ears under her belt. Games, she thought, were for when you began to get really tired, almost ready to go home. Besides, who wants to carry a huge stuffed elephant on all the rides? And besides that, this guy really resembled the travelling salesman from Topeka, and running into him all the time was beginning to get to her! What's the deal? Is this guy sextuplets, or is he just a very persistant person! Why did he think he could control her so much?

At any rate, Tiara Girl was not going to let him ruin her day! She cleverly disentangled herself from his cane, trying to be as polite as possible, as she continued to the Merry-Go-Round, followed by her dog, her new cat, and several little elves. She looked much like the pied piper!

Thankfully, the line wasn't very long, and she was able to hop right on. She walked past an elephant carousel, and duck carousel, shuddering as she remembered her past association with elephants and ducks--and finally found a beautiful tiger to ride.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

she was drawn to the side by one of those guys trying to get her to play a carnival game. I say drawn, as he had actually pulled her over with one of those really big canes. Now, Tiara Girl wasn't really up to playing a game yet, until she had ridden a few rides and had a couple of elephant ears under her belt. Games, she thought, were for when you began to get really tired, almost ready to go home. Besides, who wants to carry a huge stuffed elephant on all the rides? And besides that, this guy really resembled the travelling salesman from Topeka, and running into him all the time was beginning to get to her! What's the deal? Is this guy sextuplets, or is he just a very persistant person! Why did he think he could control her so much?

At any rate, Tiara Girl was not going to let him ruin her day! She cleverly disentangled herself from his cane, trying to be as polite as possible, as she continued to the Merry-Go-Round, followed by her dog, her new cat, and several little elves. She looked much like the pied piper!

Thankfully, the line wasn't very long, and she was able to hop right on. She walked past an elephant carousel, and duck carousel, shuddering as she remembered her past association with elephants and ducks--and finally found a beautiful tiger to ride.
Tiara Girl climbed on to the tiger and still couldn't understand why she was attracted to this ride. As the ride began to start, it was very slow at first and very relaxing. Then the ride began to get faster, and faster and Tiara girl thought she was going to be sick and then it slowed down again. As she was catching her breath, she saw across the way a very long line of people waiting to do something. She could just make out the sign hanging there. "Fortunes Told by the Great Swamitar", she knew she was going to have to go there next. Maybe this Swamitar could tell her why the danger sign kept glowing. As she was thinking about this, the ride started to go fast yet again, spinning so much that she thought she would pass out from the dizziness. Just as she was about to yell, the ride came to an abrubt halt. She looked over at the person controlling the ride and she was stunned to see that it was none other.........
Old 06-13-2003, 03:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I am just going to continue this story since it really is Friday and I want to......lol

Originally posted by barbiedeb
Tiara Girl climbed on to the tiger and still couldn't understand why she was attracted to this ride. As the ride began to start, it was very slow at first and very relaxing. Then the ride began to get faster, and faster and Tiara girl thought she was going to be sick and then it slowed down again. As she was catching her breath, she saw across the way a very long line of people waiting to do something. She could just make out the sign hanging there. "Fortunes Told by the Great Swamitar", she knew she was going to have to go there next. Maybe this Swamitar could tell her why the danger sign kept glowing. As she was thinking about this, the ride started to go fast yet again, spinning so much that she thought she would pass out from the dizziness. Just as she was about to yell, the ride came to an abrubt halt. She looked over at the person controlling the ride and she was stunned to see that it was none other.........
Garthy2. At least she thought it was Garthy2, but the more she stared, she realized it wasn't him. Just another country type guy that looked like him. The ride must have really been making her dizzy.

After the ride stopped she hopped off the carousel and headed over to the line for the "Great Swamitar". Hopefully this Swamitar could tell her about the danger sign and what the rest of this crazy vacation had in store for her.

As she waited in line, she refreshed her makeup as she was putting on her "raspberry kiss" lip gloss she could see behind her in the mirror compact. And who did she see but......
Old 06-14-2003, 09:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

her friends the elves and her dog Puddles and the Tiara Cat--heading in the direction of the Haunted House! Oh, no, she thought. What kind of trouble will they get into there--I must go help them. Only at that moment she found herself being dragged into the darkened chamber of the Great Swamitar! I must help my friends, she murmured allowed. But the voice from the one in front of her, dragging her, just said, "Tisn't the time to help your friends yet. You must follow me to my Great Swamitar--he will tell you what to do!" Behold, in front of her was a huge crystal ball, and on the other side of it was.......
Old 06-30-2003, 11:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Since Lyn is back and she liked playing this story thing with me, perhaps we can write a few more passages

her friends the elves and her dog Puddles and the Tiara Cat--heading in the direction of the Haunted House! Oh, no, she thought. What kind of trouble will they get into there--I must go help them. Only at that moment she found herself being dragged into the darkened chamber of the Great Swamitar! I must help my friends, she murmured allowed. But the voice from the one in front of her, dragging her, just said, "Tisn't the time to help your friends yet. You must follow me to my Great Swamitar--he will tell you what to do!" Behold, in front of her was a huge crystal ball, and on the other side of it was.......
the Great Swamitar!! She wasn't actually sure what he resembled. She saw a turban on his head, she really wasn't sure of the correct name for it. And when she looked at the crystal ball, she could see many of her past experiences playing inside. She saw the guy from topeka, she saw garthy2 and so many other people she recognized. She was stunned to see this all right before her very own eyes.

She sat down across for the Great Swamitar and looked at him. He looked right back at her and said.......
Old 06-30-2003, 05:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Barbiedeb! So glad you dug this back out!

"Didn't your mother ever tell you you're known by the company you keep? You sure hang around a bunch of strange characters--Girl!" Shaking his head, he proceeded to rub the crystal ball! He looked deeply within it, seeming to be mesmerized by the colorful smoke flowing inside it. Squinting his eyes (because he obviously didn't have his reading glasses with him), he murmured, "Hmmm, looks like--no--it looks like--no! Darn--this thing's on the fritz again!"

"You mean you can't tell me my fortune?" asked Tiara Girl, in dismay.

"Well--not today--but if you come back tomorrow, maybe! Well, that will only be 25 cents, since you didn't get much and all. But, I will tell you Girl--that is your last name right? Girl. Anyhow--my intuition tells me that you have trouble brewing--right here in River City--you have trouble--if you know what I mean! So, I say, get your dog, Puddles, and that cat you found, and high-tail it back to wherever it is you came from--ya hear?" He shuffled with his robe back in behind his curtain--leaving Tiara Girl to wonder how he had known the name of her dog, and that she had found this cat--and what about the 25 cents he had asked for? Which she felt was really ridiculous, since he couldn't even get a reading in his crystal ball.......
Old 06-30-2003, 05:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Re: Barbiedeb! So glad you dug this back out!

Oh Lyn, I knew I could count on you. Just what I need tonight

"Didn't your mother ever tell you you're known by the company you keep? You sure hang around a bunch of strange characters--Girl!" Shaking his head, he proceeded to rub the crystal ball! He looked deeply within it, seeming to be mesmerized by the colorful smoke flowing inside it. Squinting his eyes (because he obviously didn't have his reading glasses with him), he murmured, "Hmmm, looks like--no--it looks like--no! Darn--this thing's on the fritz again!"

"You mean you can't tell me my fortune?" asked Tiara Girl, in dismay.

"Well--not today--but if you come back tomorrow, maybe! Well, that will only be 25 cents, since you didn't get much and all. But, I will tell you Girl--that is your last name right? Girl. Anyhow--my intuition tells me that you have trouble brewing--right here in River City--you have trouble--if you know what I mean! So, I say, get your dog, Puddles, and that cat you found, and high-tail it back to wherever it is you came from--ya hear?" He shuffled with his robe back in behind his curtain--leaving Tiara Girl to wonder how he had known the name of her dog, and that she had found this cat--and what about the 25 cents he had asked for? Which she felt was really ridiculous, since he couldn't even get a reading in his crystal ball.......
Tiara Girl wondered whether she should high tail it out of there like he suggested or try for another reading tomorrow. She would decide later. Right now she had to find Puddles and Princess Angel Kitty, Lord only knows what kind of trouble they were getting into.

As Tiara Girl was rounding the corner to go towards the Haunted House, hoping they would still be in line, she encountered a very long line of people. What could all these people be waiting to see she thought and then she saw the sign, it said.........
Old 06-30-2003, 06:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(Deb, glad to be of assistance:wink2: )

KISSES FOR $1.00.

Gee, who could be at the end of this line? Tiara Girl wondered. She squirmed her way to the front of the line (just to peek, 'cause she's too good a girl to be cutting in line), and standing at the end, giving kisses to all the women in line was none other than.........
Old 07-01-2003, 06:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Gee, who could be at the end of this line? Tiara Girl wondered. She squirmed her way to the front of the line (just to peek, 'cause she's too good a girl to be cutting in line), and standing at the end, giving kisses to all the women in line was none other than.........
George Clooney!! What was he doing at this little crazy country fair and what in the world was he doing giving kisses to all these ladies. Tiara Girl thought about getting in line and being just a little bad this once but no, she could not go kissing a stranger even if it was George Clooney.

As she started to head away from the line, she heard someone call her name. She turned to look and who did she see but.......
Old 07-01-2003, 09:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

(Hey, don't let Debbie and I hog this story y'all--you can join in too )

Armand--the Armodillo from Amarillo! Tiara Girl remembered he had been a dangerous choice of companions to hang around with, so she tried to shimmy in between a couple of ladies standing in line to kiss George--but too late, Armand had already reached her. Well, she'd use him to her best advantage she decided. Her mother always told her when your given lemons--make lemonade. So, she headed for the haunted house, with Armand shuffling behind her. She needed to get her poodle Puddles and her tiara-wearing cat--and high-tail it out of this Southern town country fair. She was really beginning to miss home. So, she hopped up the steps, and just as she did, Armand joined her. Her plan was to push him into the dark house ahead of her--in case there were creepy spiders, or other horrors inside.......
Old 07-02-2003, 11:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

But Armand the armadillo from Amarillo was a gentleman and said:"Ladies first". So slowly, and setting her tiara just right to keep the cobwebs off her face, Tiara Girl moved into the haunted house getting her eyes used to the dark.

But this wasn't just any haunted house - it was haunted by Tiara Girl's own past. First jumped out the ghost of Codependency past
shreiking and doing the pretzel dance of codependency (not a pretty sight) and he wailed: " I am all your thoughts of control, manipulation and victimization, and my name is Drama. I am here to remind you of what you life was like before you surrendered to recovery. See the pain, the confusion and panic. Just look at the desperation and fear."

"ARGHH" shreiked Tiara Girl, "that is too frightening to even think of anymore and I am glad we got past that ghost. Armand huddled close behind hoping to be unnoticed,.

Next jumped out another ghost, the ghost of Codependency Recovery. Tiara Girl backed up almost mushing Armand, and the ghost spoke in a strong deep and, well you know "ghostly" voice..."I am what you let go of....see...I am all your thoughts of 'what if" and I am your drug detective alter ego, and I am your cell phone bill with phone numbers too" "You let go of me and now I just float around with nobody to haunt." "My name is Chaos"

"Keep it all!!" Tiara Girl cried. I let it go and I don't want any of it back. Begone ghostie, and take all that codie stuff with you.
By now Armand was shaking and getting a little shell-shocked.

"Don't worry Armand. I'll get us through this" Tiara Girl called back to him. The only way out is to go forward.

And there right in front of her was an angel-ghost, kind, nice halo and red hair and she gently reached down to give Tiara Girl and Armand a hug. "Who are you?" asked Tiara Girl.

"I am Serenity, the ghost of recovery future, and I am here to take you out of this darkness and into the light....don't step in the Duck poo". "I am here to show you the peace and take you where you can have fun and learn to laugh again, leaving all those other ghosts behind you".

And Serenity, Tiara Girl and Armand the Armadillo from Amarillo walked over the pretty bridge of recovery, stopped to smell the roses beside the path, hopped into a quick bubble bath and walked past the lighted candles to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream booth.

As they stepped out into the light, Serenity said "You won't see me, but I will be with you as long as you work your program and practice these principles in all your affairs."

Tiara Girl and Armand watched as Serenity floated like a cloud above them and blended into the light.

Happy now, and serene, Tiara Girl and Armand walked past the cotton candy stand and as they turned to play a quick game of Crown and Anchor they stopped dead in their tracks. Right there - no more than 2 feet from her tiara stood a really ugly.......