TGIF!!! And perhaps time for a story!!

Old 05-30-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally posted by barbiedeb
Garthy2 took that chicken wire and sort of laid it on the floor just so. And when Tiara girl moved up with that microphone and was just about to belt out her 4th song, she tripped. Tiara Girl went flying into the crowd. She was screaming for help (but not flailing her arms since she had to hold on to her tiara) and thought she was going to hit the floor when two large arms reached out and caught her. She was winded but looked up to see she was staring into the eyes of.......
...the top heavy redhead

And Red was looking at her in a most unladylike manner.Pure reflex kicked in and Tiara Girl belted her one square on the jaw.They both went sprawling but Tiara had the best of it,and quickly scrambled back onstage....
Old 05-30-2003, 08:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

...and ran smack into Garth2. He gave her a little shove and she landed on her petite derierre and looked up just in time to see Garth2 grab the mike. He adjusted his hat, wiped the sweat off his brow with the back of his shirt sleeve. He gave the crowd "the look" and began singing...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Just Tired
...and ran smack into Garth2. He gave her a little shove and she landed on her petite derierre and looked up just in time to see Garth2 grab the mike. He adjusted his hat, wiped the sweat off his brow with the back of his shirt sleeve. He gave the crowd "the look" and began singing...
...Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground.

If you had not've fallen
then I would not have found you
Angel flying too close to the ground
I patched up your broken wing and hung around for a while
trying to keep your spirits up and your fever down.

And I knew someday that you would fly away
For love's the greatest healer to be found.

So leave me if you need to, I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground.

Tiara heard that voice and all but went into a swoon.She shook her head to clear it,and her tiara slipped off.Hey...how had it become the Tiara of Gullibility???

She looked into the crowd and spotted Red wearing a most suspicious smirk.Just then,in walked...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

..."How much is that doggie in the window? The one with the waggily tail?"

Tiara girl wondered if he was talking about her poodle "Puddles" who they had left in the car or her other poodle, a REAL french poodle, complete with a big ole fancy, thoroughbred name, you know, one of those dog names that has to be three names long? That gen-u-wine french poodle's name was:

Collette SheWet Carpet

Tiara knew if anything could impress Garth2, it would be a fancy dancy dog. But about that time Garth2 started making eyes at the top heavy red head and that is when....
Old 05-30-2003, 08:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh fooey, I wasn't quick enough on the draw....lol.

Excuse the post, but if you want to meet my the fancy dancy french poodle, she lives with me (after Tiara dumped her for another...smiles.)

Now carry on, from wherever....
Old 05-30-2003, 08:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally posted by phoenix
...Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground.

If you had not've fallen
then I would not have found you
Angel flying too close to the ground
I patched up your broken wing and hung around for a while
trying to keep your spirits up and your fever down.

And I knew someday that you would fly away
For love's the greatest healer to be found.

So leave me if you need to, I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground.

Tiara heard that voice and all but went into a swoon.She shook her head to clear it,and her tiara slipped off.Hey...how had it become the Tiara of Gullibility???

She looked into the crowd and spotted Red wearing a most suspicious smirk.

Seeing she was on to him,Garth2 broke into...

Originally posted by Hangin' In
..."How much is that doggie in the window? The one with the waggily tail?"

Tiara girl wondered if he was talking about her poodle "Puddles" who they had left in the car or her other poodle, a REAL french poodle, complete with a big ole fancy, thoroughbred name, you know, one of those dog names that has to be three names long? That gen-u-wine french poodle's name was:

Collette SheWet Carpet

Tiara knew if anything could impress Garth2, it would be a fancy dancy dog. But about that time Garth2 started making eyes at the top heavy red head and that is when....
...she noticed the the newcomer who had entered....
Old 05-30-2003, 08:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

....in walked a fancy dancy top heavy red poodle wearing a tiara!! The top heavy red head called the poodle to her "Collette Come!!" She then looked at Garth2 and waved her hand and...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Collette didn't do diddly squat cause she ain't never been to obedience school. And obviously Garth hasn't either cause when Tiara waved her hand, he............
Old 05-30-2003, 10:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

but nothing would come out. Her face was flush and she felt panic inside. She knew she could win this contest but the struggle inside of her was taking over. The danger sign was flashing now.......
Old 05-30-2003, 11:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

But she knew that the only way that her dream of winning the contest was going to happen if she BELIEVED, truley believed in herself!!She closed her eyes for a moment and collected her thoughts. She was thinking positive and imagining that she was a famous country western singer with a beautiful silk outfit with sequens and embroidary. The crowd started to shout.."come on, lets hear it, we didn't pay to hear a poodle howl." Tiara girl opened her eyes and looked beside her and much to her amazement......
Old 05-31-2003, 01:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

She saw 3 white images surrounded by bright lights. They called themselves Awareness, Acceptance and Action. They were each holding a tiara. Awareness walked up to the tiara girl and offered her the tiara he was holding. He handed it to her and said "Take it and place it on your head. I give you this warning. Once you put it on there will be no turning back" Tiara Girl put the tiara of awareness on and cried....

Old 05-31-2003, 01:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Tiara Girl

"OMG!! I'm nothing, but a creation on a message board. I'm from the thoughts of codies. All this time I thought that I was in control. Matters, Hangin in, Glenda, JT, Smoke, BarbieDeb, Phoenix, EyesOpen, Ann, Gabe, and MG have been in control this entire time. I think I'm going to throw up. I thought I had the ability to change and control everyone around me. It was all out of my hands and I just didn't know it. I don't even know who I am anymore. Everything I thought I was is a lie". What am I going to do. I can't handle this. I thought it was everyone else who was in denial and it was me all along. I can't tell anyone. They'll think I'm crazy. I can't tell them I'm a character on a message board. And look at that big elephant over there. Where in the world did that come from. Ha Ha Ha!! That red head was trying to hide that elephant. Doesn't she know she can't hide an elephant under that chair??? What is wrong with her?? And that duck is quacking at her and she is talking back as if she understands it !!!!

Ann, pass me the cold pack.

Then Acceptance walked up to the tiara girl and ...

Old 05-31-2003, 05:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Placed his Tiara of Acceptance on Tiara Girl's head, right on top of the other Tiaras. Amazingly, the tiaras molded into one perfect glimmering tiara on top of Tiara Girls head!

Tiara Girl closed her eyes, as her mind began to adjust to the new thoughts that were beginning to enter into her little brain......
Old 05-31-2003, 06:08 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by lyn_blossom78
Placed his Tiara of Acceptance on Tiara Girl's head, right on top of the other Tiaras. Amazingly, the tiaras molded into one perfect glimmering tiara on top of Tiara Girls head!

Tiara Girl closed her eyes, as her mind began to adjust to the new thoughts that were beginning to enter into her little brain......
Tiara girl felt peaceful and serene. There was nothing she could do about all the things going on around her. She knew she needed to stop trying to control everything. She was powerless and she accepted this. The serenity was flowing through out her body and when she looked up, the white image was walking towards her with the tiara of Action. It was gently placed on top of the tiara of Acceptance. Tiara Girl didn't want these peaceful serene feelings to end but then she started.......
Old 05-31-2003, 06:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

... getting dizzy. How could all of these things be happening at once? One tiara, no tiaras, three tiaras. "I need to change my name." she thought. "Hmmm... Just Tiara-ed? No, No." It was like a nightmare where the scenes kept replaying with the events slightly changed... or one of those murder mysteries with alternate endings.

TiaraGirl picked up her glass of Club Soda, and noticed her reflection in the glass. There indeed on her head was a 3 tiered tiara. She wondered if wearing all of them at once was creating some kind of identity worm hole that made her keep reliving the same moment of time in different ways.

In the middle of this musing, she heard snarling. Up on the stage were her scruffy black dog and the little red poodle, having a tug of war over the microphone. The music began and the doggies looked startled. No one was winning the battle and it was time to sing. As the stains of "My Dog He Got 3 Legs" wafted out over the crowd, the pups began to snarl and whine on key. A strange look of understanding came over their furry faces. Almost automatically, scruffy took the melody and red-pud went for the low harmony.
The crowd went crazy!
Old 05-31-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Old 05-31-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by smoke gets in my eyes
... getting dizzy. How could all of these things be happening at once? One tiara, no tiaras, three tiaras. "I need to change my name." she thought. "Hmmm... Just Tiara-ed? No, No." It was like a nightmare where the scenes kept replaying with the events slightly changed... or one of those murder mysteries with alternate endings.

TiaraGirl picked up her glass of Club Soda, and noticed her reflection in the glass. There indeed on her head was a 3 tiered tiara. She wondered if wearing all of them at once was creating some kind of identity worm hole that made her keep reliving the same moment of time in different ways.

In the middle of this musing, she heard snarling. Up on the stage were her scruffy black dog and the little red poodle, having a tug of war over the microphone. The music began and the doggies looked startled. No one was winning the battle and it was time to sing. As the stains of "My Dog He Got 3 Legs" wafted out over the crowd, the pups began to snarl and whine on key. A strange look of understanding came over their furry faces. Almost automatically, scruffy took the melody and red-pud went for the low harmony.
The crowd went crazy!
It was amazing, the people in the crowd were cheering for more. Garthy2 was in the crowd not looking very happy and Tiara Girl was very confused by what was going on in front her. How could these two pups be doing this? Why were they doing this? All of sudden they started howling to the tune of "Sentimental Journey". Tiara Girl softly started to sing along with the pups:

Gonna take a sentimental journey
Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna make a sentimental journey
To renew old memories

I got my bag, I got my reservation
Spent each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation
I long to hear that: "All aboard!"

Seven, that's the time we leave - at seven
I'll be waiting up for heaven
Counting every mile of railroad track - that moves me back

I never though my heart could be so yearny
Why did I decide to roam
Gotta take a sentimental journey
Sentimental journey home

She had never sang this song before!! What the heck was going on?? Maybe the song had a hidden meaning. Thoughts again began to swirl in her head.

Last edited by Debbie; 05-31-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:15 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

A picture for good measure

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2dogsing2.jpg (15.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-31-2003, 04:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I suppose I will continue since no one is jumping in here

Originally posted by barbiedeb
It was amazing, the people in the crowd were cheering for more. Garthy2 was in the crowd not looking very happy and Tiara Girl was very confused by what was going on in front her. How could these two pups be doing this? Why were they doing this? All of sudden they started howling to the tune of "Sentimental Journey". Tiara Girl softly started to sing along with the pups:

Gonna take a sentimental journey
Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna make a sentimental journey
To renew old memories

I got my bag, I got my reservation
Spent each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation
I long to hear that: "All aboard!"

Seven, that's the time we leave - at seven
I'll be waiting up for heaven
Counting every mile of railroad track - that moves me back

I never though my heart could be so yearny
Why did I decide to roam
Gotta take a sentimental journey
Sentimental journey home

She had never sang this song before!! What the heck was going on?? Maybe the song had a hidden meaning. Thoughts again began to swirl in her head.

She needed to get the heck out of this karaoke bar and continue her journey. Too many strange things were happening. Tiara Girl swooped up her dog, grabbed $250 bucks (her dog won 1/2 of it singing the way he did) and ran to the emerald civic. She jumped in that car, threw it into drive and sped away from that place as fast as he could (within the speeding limit of course). She turned on the radio and was once again feeling soothed by the sounds of Mel Torme when......
Old 05-31-2003, 04:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

....when the song was interrupted and the DJ said "We interrupt this program, to warn our listeners that the county roads and bridges have been flooded by a freak storm, and shelter and ice tea is being offered by Walmarts, just off Route 66. And if you bring your dog, doggie treats will be provided."

"Hear that Puddles?" Tiara Girl cried. "Lucky for us that is Walmarts just up the road."

Pulling in to the parking lot, Tiara Girl noticed a sign that read "Special this week - Duck Tape and Hip Waders, $14.99".

Little did she know that....