Fantasizing about my son's teacher

Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miss Communicat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are very sound and wise! Never thought of that. I also never thought about whether a teacher might worry about dating a parent, **** Bill told me that might be of concern.

Ive gotta say, I cant tell anymore if my flirting-radar is accurate. I am kinda naive about that kinda stuff, believe it or not. It seemed he was by he oggly eyes we made at a football game few weeks back and the meeting on monday.

One never knows, does one, but God will reveal more if mroe is to be revealed. Im just suffering a case of "Not getting what I want, when I want it, dammit"!.

So typical of the addictive/obsessive mind set. When that kicks in....ohhh watch out, I will take hostages and make people bend to my will.

Maybe God is telling me "My will, honey, my time, my way".

Oh that God of mine....I love him but sometimes Id like to kick him in the ba**s!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by nocellphone
Hmm... sounds like quite a catch... Third time's the charm, eh?
Hey now, dont be judgin' just based on his track record.

He is obviously the marryin' kind, the one who gives the women what they want, that big ol' ring round thier necks, er, finger.

And besides, Im sure the failed marriages werent HIS fault.

Right?

(prob;ly married some alkies who hurt him and he needs me to help him )
Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

happy thanksgiving friend....

hey, we all need our bedtime story before turnin in.....got anything for us?

luv
jeri
Old 11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

nothing much to report on the stud tumpet with lips. As no school til Monday, I wont have any fresh news on him.

Maybe this will do....

During the summer Imet another band parent, Papa Smurf I call him. Why? Cus he looks like a smurf, tho he isnt blue. His girls are inthe music program and he an excellent dad, very active in the band program, arrives early to help with the equiptment for football games, schlepping kids back n forth from school and all that. Very friendly, veru funny and witty, but only about 5 foot nothing, bald on top, but a wave of long wiry grayish hair in back, dresses like a homeless guy, has eyeglasses that are held together with band-aids, all twisted and such.

And he is a PHd and teaches at one of out national universities! LOL so funny. he is so excentrict in his look and attitude, yet is highly intelligent.

Well, Papa smurf is sure a nice guy, funny and all that, so when I see him, we chat, he tells me where he works, and wouldnt ya know it, my old sponsor works in the very same dept, a PHd as well, and they know each other! Whaddya know?

So, one day I tell old sponsor about Papa Smurf, he laughs and says he is a good ol boy, who, btw, "quacks" (his words!).I was wondering about that cus after each game he always says he cant wait to go home, take a bath and have a cold beer.

So, the next time I see Papa Smurf, he asks if I am going to the next football game (Which is where our kids perform in marching band) , I say yes, then............

So, because I still have not had the operatation to remove the alcoholic magnet from the center of my forhead, he asks me if I want to ride with him.

Now....I usually have no problem saying no these days to something I dont wanna do, this caught me totally by surprise. I dont wanna sound obnoxious here, but papa smurf is about 6 yr older than me, a foot shorter and a lifetime of emotional health away from me, so we would hardly look like the ideal couple.

When he asks me, I just start stamering "blah blah...not sure what time Im going...blah blah..may only stay an hour at game..blah blah". I totally scored an F at my anti-people pleasing-itis and just say no routine.

He gets the message and doesnt push further......

If I have to keep attracting alcoholics, couldnt they just be my height....at least?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Girl..you have a way with words..ever think of writing a book???? Or better yet stand up comedy?? Sooooooooooooooooo funny

Dawn
Old 11-24-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

well I am happy for you

but I wonder what will be going through your sons mind if things ever did get serious

his mom going out with his music teacher

that would be interesting
Old 11-24-2006, 01:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks Dawn...I may just write a book, but need a title...any ideas?

King - being a former master manipulator, I could probably get the teacher to give my son an A in exchange for a little *you*know*what*...so Jr would prob love to have me date him
Old 11-24-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Well isnt it obvious?? The book should be called

THE PINK SWEATER

hehehe..

Dawn

Originally Posted by FriendofBill

King - being a former master manipulator, I could probably get the teacher to give my son an A in exchange for a little *you*know*what*...so Jr would prob love to have me date him
Old 11-24-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FriendofBill

I was gonna say that but thought that might be going to far
Old 11-24-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

going too far?

Who ME?

Nothing is going too far....Im an excessive addict, too far isnt far enough.

I like "The Pink Sweater" very classy. Or maybe "They Pink Sweater and the Charmin that lies beneath"?
Old 11-25-2006, 04:09 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi,

For some reason I started reading your thread...I am not sure what caught my eye, but once I started reading, it was pretty fun.

Anyways, I am a man, and I quite a bit younger than you(25), but perhaps a fresh perspective:

Everything you have told us about this guy is stuff you have thought on your own and things you have set yourself up for. This is fine, I do the same thing with prospective ladies. So, dont get all down when he doesn't respond with much of an email, like someone else said, it is school email, and being that your child is his student, he has to express some degree of scrutiny.

All those looks at the football games? Maybe he wasn't in "dreamy fall in love stare mode" like you were, so who knows if he even noticed. How many opportunities are you really gonna have to get with this guy if its always depending on when you can just happen to run into him at your childs school???

Hell, catch him on the way out of the building one day and ask the dude out on a date, I am sure he will be flattered, and if not, at least you can move on then. Or, go to that damn concert at Disney Land and really take a shot at things.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

wow Absentx!

You say it like it is, huh? I like that.

Take the bull by the horns is what you are saying, and you are right. As I am just returning to the "waters" of dating, I tread lightly. Ya see, my history is to take men hostage in a relationship, I do all the assertive work, basically taking control.

Now that I think about it, my assertiveness has worked, the men I selected did respond to it, I think Im just not sure about if this man is similar to the others. Since I have change, growing and healing, I may be picking different men. Ive always like the quiet, passive guys who let me control and lead. Im not sure if a more assertive, controlling man would take to my being direct.

I guess there is only one way to find out, LOL.

We will see....thanks for the directness, Absentx....make sure you never do it again LOL j/k
Old 11-25-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Now I know what the "voice of reason" sounds like.....hehehe

Dawn
Old 12-12-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

So what ever became of the band teacher?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Yes whatever happened?? Its like someone ripped the last chapter out of a book here...lol...

Dawn
Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

friendofbill has left the building.....and i miss her.
(((((sigh))))))
jeri
Old 12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oh............Jeri.......you're right. She is no longer with us. I hate when we end up separated. I'm a dork...I like to keep my little family together.

Oooooooooooooooooooo, maybe I'll get an update from her and put it up!!! LOL
Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Is everything ok with her??

Dawn
Old 12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Maybe she ran off with the band teacher!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:48 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

I was just thinking I had not seen her post lately. Where is she? What is going on? Did she go to the Band thing with the Band Leader? Was that now? I thought it was over Christmas. Maybe she is all well now?