View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
FriendofBill
1000 Post Club

nothing much to report on the stud tumpet with lips. As no school til Monday, I wont have any fresh news on him.

Maybe this will do....

During the summer Imet another band parent, Papa Smurf I call him. Why? Cus he looks like a smurf, tho he isnt blue. His girls are inthe music program and he an excellent dad, very active in the band program, arrives early to help with the equiptment for football games, schlepping kids back n forth from school and all that. Very friendly, veru funny and witty, but only about 5 foot nothing, bald on top, but a wave of long wiry grayish hair in back, dresses like a homeless guy, has eyeglasses that are held together with band-aids, all twisted and such.

And he is a PHd and teaches at one of out national universities! LOL so funny. he is so excentrict in his look and attitude, yet is highly intelligent.

Well, Papa smurf is sure a nice guy, funny and all that, so when I see him, we chat, he tells me where he works, and wouldnt ya know it, my old sponsor works in the very same dept, a PHd as well, and they know each other! Whaddya know?

So, one day I tell old sponsor about Papa Smurf, he laughs and says he is a good ol boy, who, btw, "quacks" (his words!).I was wondering about that cus after each game he always says he cant wait to go home, take a bath and have a cold beer.

So, the next time I see Papa Smurf, he asks if I am going to the next football game (Which is where our kids perform in marching band) , I say yes, then............

So, because I still have not had the operatation to remove the alcoholic magnet from the center of my forhead, he asks me if I want to ride with him.

Now....I usually have no problem saying no these days to something I dont wanna do, this caught me totally by surprise. I dont wanna sound obnoxious here, but papa smurf is about 6 yr older than me, a foot shorter and a lifetime of emotional health away from me, so we would hardly look like the ideal couple.

When he asks me, I just start stamering "blah blah...not sure what time Im going...blah blah..may only stay an hour at game..blah blah". I totally scored an F at my anti-people pleasing-itis and just say no routine.

He gets the message and doesnt push further......

If I have to keep attracting alcoholics, couldnt they just be my height....at least?