Old 09-03-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no way in hell I'd fill that wine rack either. Good for you Melissa

D
Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Fill it with San Pelligrino sparkling water bottles. BOOM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good God, she sound like a complete and utter pain in the **** with the skin of a rhinoceros. Next time you see her you should pretend to get her name mixed up with Lucy's.

And this guy holding back money waiting for the 'correct' death certificate.....wtf??!!! He should get one himself because he obviously doesn't have a life.

Lovely to hear how you are doing,
Old 09-04-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Melissa I dont know you but I spoke with Robby on occasion via posts last year. I was trying to pull my sobriety together. unfortunately we had a rough year at home with my new baby boy needing surgery twice before he turned one. I was pissed at god. I found this response from Robby and it made me feel much better at the time. He truly was an amazing intellect that had a great caring for people.

Quoted from the robby robot direct

I feel for you and your spouse, and your kids. Growing up as a crippled kid (polio while still an enfant at 10 months) I have first hand experience in my eventual demanding of God: wtf? Is this it? Is there nothing more than suffering on my plate?

I don't believe God never gives us more than we can handle. In fact, I'm convinced God always gives us more, and then expects us to meet the new challenges by growth and change to accomplish ourselves at an ever higher level.

I don't see a rant in your post. I do see a well reasoned out conviction to stay the course on your sobriety, even though your experience of practicing your chosen faith in your HP is being tested beyond all reason.

Faith is not reasonable in the sense that reason alone can't describe the works of faith in a spiritually well lived life. Faith requires at some point a leap into the unknown, and this leap is always at times when faith is most sorely needed because reason has already failed in being useful as a sufficient resolution.

I'm agnostic when it comes to God. I see God from the perspective of a mortal human limited as I am. God is nothing like me. For me to understand God as I understand myself is a total impossibility. This goes for my suffering too. How I suffered is of my own appreciation. I believe God can suffer too, and this brings me comfort. I can't imagine how God feels when suffering, but I'm sure its more than what I bear, goes without saying.

So as to not threaten my sobriety with the ups and downs of my faith challenges, my sobriety itself eventually became my HP for my alcoholism, while agnostic beliefs held for God have become more aligned with my Christian faith. This takes my (possible) loss of sobriety off the table and secures it in a forever kind of way, speaking for myself. It is best this was as else eventually I would have not been able to reconcile my past sufferings with my challenges of today.

I encourage you to continue to practice the separation of your sufferings from the veracity of your faith. Suffering does promote faith for the faithful is my experience. And faith invites ever more challenges to the furthering of the maturity of that same faith. And lastly, faith without works is a dead faith, and so this requires that faith is forever practiced in a continuum of challenges.

There is nothing wrong in being respectful of ourselves and are feelings when we are in angst with our faith towards God. God can take the worst of what we offer Him, and return the best of Him for us to nourish ourselves and those we love. Don't reproach yourself. God is nothing if he doesn't understand human suffering. Take it easy.

Letitgo, I sincerely hope for all that is good for you and your family. All the best. Your an inspiration for us all.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Wow. What a generous, beautiful person.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Do your best

Melissa I really heard Robby when you said its his wish for you to move out asap after his passing

I don't think he would want us to be upset and stuff I know he would want us all to be happy trying to rebuild our lives or living as content & happy as possible

It's hard I'm trying I knew him least I think but in the short time I knew him (1year) he was like a light for me anyway

I've not msgd you as to give you time

I suggest not filling the in built wine rack
Old 09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I miss him.

What a bonus we all received to have his wisdom and insight.

Such a gift.

((((((((MELISSA)))))))).
Old 09-04-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy – I’m good at it anyway.

The stager was just doing her job. Aside from any personal things she may have said, whatever her personality, her making recommendations is nothing against you or your lifestyle. Ever go into a furniture store and notice the fake TVs and items placed in displays? It actually makes a difference than having just an empty piece of wood furniture on display.
Let me offer an extreme example. If I was trying to sell my house and had one of those rebel flags hanging on the wall. I’m sure the stager would tell me to take it down. “But it is a part of my belief and I stand by it. I’m not taking down the flag!” As I said, this is an extreme example. But honestly, not taking down that flag would hurt me. Sure, not highlighting or accentuating a feature of the home is a completely different ball game. But it is the same concept I believe.
So by asking for you to ‘fill’ the wine rack, it was an astute observation and a part of her function to point it out and make a recommendation. Filling it is not necessary. But putting in a ‘fake’ couple bottles of wine should be no harm. And why doing so would that be “Doing that to Robbie” ? Ask the real estate folks if they have any props to borrow for simulating wine in the rack.
Let us put emotions aside for a minute. If putting fake wine bottles in a wine rack would help to move the house more quickly, do you think RR would object to that marketing strategy? I hope not.
I would follow the recommendations of the stager. That’s why they get paid.

As for the person wanting a “legit” copy of a death certificate, you can blame the lawyers for that one. And also, there is a history of fraudulent property scams. So please do not hold this against the person. They are covering their tracks. If I want to sell my house I have to go through so many hoops it’s ridiculous. A title search is just the beginning. I put up a fence two feet from the property line. The neighbor built off it and sort of “took over” this two feet of land. Imagine the headache I will be faced with when I try to sell this place. Unfortunately this is what our ‘modern’ society has become.
I’m done being the bad guy now.

I’m glad you are talking to your mother every day. That is good. Reaching out to others may also be of benefit to you as you continue working through this time of grieving. Glad you posted and are starting to post again elsewhere. Good luck with the move to Mass.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
The stager was just doing her job.
So by asking for you to ‘fill’ the wine rack, it was an astute observation and a part of her function to point it out and make a recommendation. Filling it is not necessary. But putting in a ‘fake’ couple bottles of wine should be no harm.
I would follow the recommendations of the stager. That’s why they get paid.

As for the person wanting a “legit” copy of a death certificate, you can blame the lawyers for that one. And also, there is a history of fraudulent property scams. So please do not hold this against the person.
I’m done being the bad guy now.

L-

I totally understand the stager's job. I would have preferred that she be only professional when coming into my home, but she stepped over the line in many instances. No big deal. I can be friendly, too. However, I do take exception when she takes no note of the fact that I have told her all of these personal details. She actually looked up the spiral staircase in my office and asked if that was where our bedroom was. I said,"Think about it: I've told you that he was in a wheelchair. How do you think he would get up these stairs"? Then in the basement she insinuated that Rob was too lazy too go upstairs to the kitchen when she saw a full galley kitchen he built downstairs. Again, I had to remind her.

As for Rob and the wine bottles... Rob was all about Authenticity. I don't want to market my home with ANY alcohol empty or full. I wouldn't feel good about it and for that reason alone Rob would agree. If it keeps someone from buying the house because they can't picture their own bottles in the rack, so be it. This house was our dream and I won't have it ruined by feeling bad in it.

I'm sorry if I came off as being pissed off at the lawyers involved regarding the death certificate. My feelings were nothing more than sheer frustration at yet one more obstacle to moving forward. Believe me, I used to be an insurance agent (boo, hiss), and I understand all too well about dotting i's and crossing t's.

I got a lot done today which makes me very happy. Cats are well. Dave is looking forward to watching Project Runway on my computer later. Lucy not so much...

Happy long weekend to those who are celebrating.

❤️
Old 09-04-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey, Alex! So good to see you. I understand about the wine rack. Did you consider the suggestion someone made about putting a few bottles of Pellegrino Sparkling Water in there? Maybe a few different flavors?

In any case, I know that all of this "stuff" will get taken care of and you will soon be on your way to your new home. I wish for you peace and serenity, Melissa. (((HUGS)))
Old 09-04-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
As for Rob and the wine bottles... Rob was all about Authenticity. I don't want to market my home with ANY alcohol empty or full. I wouldn't feel good about it and for that reason alone Rob would agree. If it keeps someone from buying the house because they can't picture their own bottles in the rack, so be it. This house was our dream and I won't have it ruined by feeling bad in it.

Happy long weekend to those who are celebrating.

❤️
Thank You... Apologies if I over stepped.

I got over my bad mood about an hour ago.

cross out IF
Old 09-04-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
p***enger

Nice to see you standing up for yourself in every way, Melissa. Let the buzzing buzz around you but not between your ears.

To be honest, and I hope I'm not offending anyone on this thread, I've never met a successful real estate salesperson who wasn't kind of horrible. It's just a matter of degree.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I'm glad someone else said it. Actually, no, I tell a lie. I did meet a genuinely nice one once. She really stood out as unusual. I remember being taken aback by it. Finding a lovely home for people has a lot of potential in terms of 'doing some good in the world'. I'm sure the good ones are out there. I guess a lot of people are just money driven though, and it does serve you well if you're in sales and have a thick skin. Hmmm. Certainly doesn't sound like she is a great listener!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure there are nice and principled real estate salespersons, used car salespersons, insurance salespersons and lawyers

D
Old 09-04-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Can we stretch to parking ticket officers?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Thanks for the update Melissa.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I think there should always be a place for consideration, coming into your house in the circumstance of a bereavement should have warranted extra care and attention, but maybe it's lack of experience, who knows, but in my opinion one must always meet a client in their own circumstances, adjust, and not deal with everyone in the same manner!!

You shouldn't have to feel bad Melissa, or have anyone else make you feel bad in your own house, and if no alcohol shall not be present on that wine rack, then that should have been accepted, without question, again with reference to the circumstances, but frankly this was clearly lost on the person involved!!

Authenticity till the end, I bet Robby is looking down from that rainbow having a right chuckle to himself, knowing that stager was up against a loosing battle before they even woke up that morning!!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Lucy should scratch her eyes out. Or at least take a nice swipe at one of her legs.

Puffy.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Melissa, I just watching PR right now! Those bitches! Plus, I never ever wants to see T-Gunn in paint ball hazmat suit ever ever again! You know he was dying inside!!
~Moo mwah and glad to see you gettin' in charge and gettin' on, just as Robby would have want.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Melissa, I just watching PR right now! Those bitches! Plus, I never ever wants to see T-Gunn in paint ball hazmat suit ever ever again!
Cow,
I couldn't agree more, red bandana and all. Those girls were downright disgusting! I dig Ashley and she's a very talented girl, who reminds me of Lucy wearing glasses.