View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Ajax

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
The stager was just doing her job.
So by asking for you to ‘fill’ the wine rack, it was an astute observation and a part of her function to point it out and make a recommendation. Filling it is not necessary. But putting in a ‘fake’ couple bottles of wine should be no harm.
I would follow the recommendations of the stager. That’s why they get paid.

As for the person wanting a “legit” copy of a death certificate, you can blame the lawyers for that one. And also, there is a history of fraudulent property scams. So please do not hold this against the person.
I’m done being the bad guy now.

L-

I totally understand the stager's job. I would have preferred that she be only professional when coming into my home, but she stepped over the line in many instances. No big deal. I can be friendly, too. However, I do take exception when she takes no note of the fact that I have told her all of these personal details. She actually looked up the spiral staircase in my office and asked if that was where our bedroom was. I said,"Think about it: I've told you that he was in a wheelchair. How do you think he would get up these stairs"? Then in the basement she insinuated that Rob was too lazy too go upstairs to the kitchen when she saw a full galley kitchen he built downstairs. Again, I had to remind her.

As for Rob and the wine bottles... Rob was all about Authenticity. I don't want to market my home with ANY alcohol empty or full. I wouldn't feel good about it and for that reason alone Rob would agree. If it keeps someone from buying the house because they can't picture their own bottles in the rack, so be it. This house was our dream and I won't have it ruined by feeling bad in it.

I'm sorry if I came off as being pissed off at the lawyers involved regarding the death certificate. My feelings were nothing more than sheer frustration at yet one more obstacle to moving forward. Believe me, I used to be an insurance agent (boo, hiss), and I understand all too well about dotting i's and crossing t's.

I got a lot done today which makes me very happy. Cats are well. Dave is looking forward to watching Project Runway on my computer later. Lucy not so much...

Happy long weekend to those who are celebrating.

❤️