Authenticity VII

Old 08-26-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Never be sorry for feeling your pain, Melissa. We're here for you.
I wish I could come there right now and help you with this.
Just know I'm thinking of you.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Maybe someone at the bank can help you locate the money Rob moved. And your US lawyer should be able to help you with the death certificate issue and the closing.

You are tackling a lot here so soon after Robbie left us. Like Dee said, take care of yourself too. Your stress levels are understandably very high now. Don't be afraid to ask for help! (((Hugs)))
Old 08-26-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
p***enger

Melissa, I'm so sorry you're under all this stress. I agree with Tooshabby that you should get your lawyer involved. Call them first thing tomorrow if you haven't already. It's really ok just to show up at the lawyer's office until you get seen -- you * be ok and help is out there to get you through this. ((ajax))
Old 08-26-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
orangutan

Praying things work out , thinking of you.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I agree call lawyer and bank to help you tomorrow. But for right now is okay to be total mess. I a total mess too, so I just gonna virtual snuggle right up next to you and we can be total mess together.
~many hugs from Cow
Old 08-26-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Don't worry, Melissa. Things like this always seem to have a way of working themselves out, often in ways we would never have expected. There are a lot of interested parties involved wanting everything to go through, so all of that positive energy will be working for you! Take care!! Sending prayers . . . .
Old 08-26-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Things will work themselves out, Melissa. My thoughts remain with you during your grief.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

"Ramble On..." I'm not exactly together myself but somehow I continue to get up each day and put my armor on and face it. You've done more than your share. I admire how you have gone through this and I know you still have more to go. Lots of pets for our dear Raccoon.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Do your best

Melissa were here 24/7 for you post as much as you need to
Old 08-27-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Rambling is just fine Melissa, do whatever you need to, there are a lot of people here who care very much for you.

I don't think anyone would expect you to be dealing with all this without some anxiety. It's difficult stuff. Get as much help as you can, but please remember to look after yourself. Eat, rest, go for a walk, spend time doing what you need to.

This stuff will all sort itself out.

Sending lots of love and positive energy to you
Old 08-27-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Jeni makes a good point. Don't get so caught up with 'everything else' that you start to forget about yourself. Nothing has to get done right this instant. Enlist the help of others as was mentioned - let them do their jobs.
Yes, sometimes the grieving can be overwhelming. But we must not let it consume us to the point of losing focus on living. And if you need a "timeout", please take it. For yourself. Get some fresh air and go for a walk. Eat a piece of fruit and savor it. Often we feel we are prepared to face the inevitable. And then when it happens, we discover a few things we hadn't planned for. And that's okay.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-27-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Old 08-27-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

dear Melissa,
you say you're discouraged with yourself...i'm thinking maybe your expectations of yourself are unrealistic at this time?
"getting things done" has often helped me feel confident i can "handle" and "deal", but has also often stopped me from getting face-to-face real help and hug. i was afraid to fall apart. that if i did, i'd never be able to get back into one piece. that no-one could really catch me. that no-one would be there.

i don't know where your balance is for isolating vs taking quiet alone time and taking care. you will find it, i'm sure. you have ground to stand on, even in loss.
sorry if this all sounds ridiculous or worse; it's heartfelt.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hello Melisa,
I know you have a lot on your plate. But I do hope you were able to decompress and take a step back for a minute and come up for air.

I hope you are feeling better.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-28-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

How is it going, Melissa?
Old 08-28-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hang in there Melissa!!

As others have mentioned, it's ok for things to take time, there are others there to help, lawyers, bank staff etc, it's important to be gentle on yourself and go at your own pace!!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Okay, so after that sad, depressing post I left the other day, I noticed from my bed that it had rained. So, I went to open the big sliding glass doors and what was waiting there for me but a huge, vivid rainbow. It was as bright as day and I could see the full arc. I had to laugh.

In May I had asked Rob if he would ever talk to me if I went to a medium after he died. He assured me that no, he wasn't going to stop my clocks or find things I've lost, but if he was going to reach out to me it would be from within. I definitely felt him within me as I told off the Elder from his parents coven, ur.., church, when he called with his condolences,and he was surly with me when his mouse of a mother called and said, "Melissa, forgive me..." And I said, " I'll try but I don't think I can".

I laughed because there was no way I could believe on my worst day, at my lowest point that he didn't send that rainbow my way. I'd like to think he decided he'd make this one acception for me.(plus, if he found out he could do that, he'd want to test it out right away!)

So, I took everyone's advice and got myself to Service Ontario and cancelled Rob's health card and drivers license and, gulp, even his magic parking permit. I went to the comic book store and told the manager about all of the statues of superheroes Rob had. I went to the grocery store and got $75.05 from dumping all my change in a machine. I met with an estate salesman who was encouraging. Then I went to the bank where the nice lady showed me what I/ we had and assured me that I would have no problem with my condo purchase. Yay!

However, lest there be only sunny skies ahead...
The U.S. Lawyer handling the sale of my US home will not accept the City of Ottawa Death Certificate. Now, granted its issued by the funeral home, as they all are and basically says: this guy,(fill in name)? Yup. He's dead.
I know he wants the form that you get in the states that practically tells you what the deceased had for his last meal. But I don't live in the states. And my form here has the stamp and everything. (I almost want to send him a little person to unroll a piece of paper and state, "Rob isn't just merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead", like they did for the poor Wicked Witch of the East, you know)?

Whatever comes of it, I know I am doing my best and it's all details at this point. I desperately want to get home again, like Dorothy and settle in before it gets too into Autumn. I'm so cheered by you all. I believe in us!
❤️
Old 08-28-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Tarnation woman! (As Robot would say when he impress by something.)

You are rocking Robby's death, Melissa. He be very proud, very proud indeed.