Authenticity V

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I'm so glad you don't feel alone Puffy.

It will take a few days for the results of the PET scan to be interpreted, at least it did for mine. The MRI returns results quicker I think. I have every hope for you (((Puffy))) on your Monday meeting.

Yeah, no other way to put it but to just get to it. Well said my friend.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Good night Brynn. Think well of yourself, my friend.

FYI, I managed to win the game in grand style with just Melissa and I at the end. She had Boardwalk and Park Place. I had the yellows and the greens hotels on all six and I had all four railroads too, lol. Good fun all around.

And good night to all y'all too!!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the Doc can help, Amy
best wishes for you too Puffy.

sounds like a good night was had Rob - good rest and pleasant dreams to you, man

D
Old 07-01-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Happy Canada Day. I hope your weather is better than here. I just want to lay on the couch and watch trashy TV....and I don't even watch TV.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Happy Canada Day! Fireworks tonight! Raining here of course, eh!!

Good morning and good evening!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 07-01-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
EndGame

Good morning all.

Robby, I want you to know that my students ask for updates every time we meet since I read your post. They've also told me that they've shared your story with other people in their lives. It does my heart good.

Another sober day for me. Can't imagine doing Day 1 all over again. Gives me the willies. I don't have any reservations this time. Last time, I often fantasized that when I'm old and frail I might start drinking again and, well, I didn't wait that long. No such thoughts this time around.
Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Happy Canada Day. I grew up in the Detroit area and we were only a few miles from Canada (Windsor) and I never heard of Canada Day!?! Hmmmm

Glad that you had a good fun day yesterday Rob. I love Monopoly but I am crappy at it. Always end up in jail. It is another hot and sunny day in the Big D. I really think the weather guys should take July and August off and just set up a recording for 2 months that says "Sunny and hot, highs in the mid to upper 90s" We have this phenomenon in the summer called the Mexican Hat which is really a high pressure system that parks over Dallas for July and August. The weather remains fairly consistent until Sept when it starts to cool after the "hat" moves on. OK, done with my meteorology lesson for today.

I've got two doctor appt this morning and a mtg with an attorney this afternoon. Oh boy! lots of fun.

Hope everyone has a good day and for those in pain, physical and emotional, I hope you can find some respite.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi EndGame.

Does me good to hear about your students wanting updates. Real good. The more we as a society can embrace how our end life is as important as our earlier life stages, then certainly the more we will appreciate our lives in their entirety. Your classes EndGame, and your students, offer society such an appreciation. I'm honored you have allowed my life circumstances and story to be one of interest in your classes. I glad I have not disappointed.

Yeah. Romancing the drink for me is akin to wanting that escape into oblivion which alcohol promises, at great cost, and eventually, doesn't deliver any escape at any cost. We become our own jailors, and potentially our own executioners.

Naturally, I have already given serious thought to drinking it up in my very last days. I won't do it because ever since I become stable in my sobriety, which was just under a year sober, was to ever welcome oblivion into my new again. Now in my end life, I'm absolutely even more wanting to enjoy being as real as I can be for myself, and for those I love, and love me. This will be sorely tested eventually, when my mortal body and brain fail to keep me alive against my ravaging cancers. It's a sobering and scary reality from one perspective, and from another its just the natural circle of life come to finish what was started almost 60 years ago. No matter. Too soon is my life being taken from either perspective.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Last time, I often fantasized that when I'm old and frail I might start drinking again and, well, I didn't wait that long. No such thoughts this time around.
Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

Naturally, I have already given serious thought to drinking it up in my very last days. I won't do it because ever since I become stable in my sobriety, which was just under a year sober, was to ever welcome oblivion into my new again. Now in my end life, I'm absolutely even more wanting to enjoy being as real as I can be for myself, and for those I love, and love me.
I'm on the same page, now. I have no interest in drinking over physical pain or the end of life, or even if I'm left alone which is what I fear more than anything. Drinking will just impair my ability & dull my resolution to do what I need to do, whatever that is. I hope sobriety will give me at my end a little more dignity than otherwise.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Whenever I think a drink would really ease the burden, I remember the dull, headachey feeling and I'm dissuaded.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy canada day Robby sounded like a good game of monopoly
Old 07-01-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

You know Robby, I honestly don't know if I could even take on the mental part of another full blown alcohol withdrawal again. I was born 8/11/57, so I'm pretty close to your age. In all honesty there are times when the thought of drinking my mind into oblivion seems attractive but it's only a passing thought because the price tag is just too high. The levels of despair that alcohol can take me to are a place I will never revisit in this lifetime.

I am constantly working on using my mind to deal with the depressing thoughts that occassionally arise and your threads help me a great deal in that regard. I find I can't always stop the negative thoughts from popping up but I can choose whether or not I will engage with them or just let them pass. So again Robby, thank you for all the insight!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just popping in to say goodnight from me Robby & Melissa
Old 07-01-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hey Robby,
Finally some good news. I had my PET scan today and the doctor called me this afternoon and said everything looks great. The cancer hasn't spread anywhere else. I can breathe a little easier today. MRI tomorrow and surgeon on Monday.
Staying Positive,
Puffy
Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
...holds the key

That is good news, puffy!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm very happy for you for your good news, puffy! Hooray!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Sounds like a dose of positive news, Puffy! Glad to hear that.

I hope that you are able to move forward with your medical team for a fast and full recovery.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Wonderful news Puffy!!!

It's going to rain here, all weekend, so only the idiots will be trying to set off fireworks.

The first time I rode with dad (I drove, he slept, until we hit NYC) and I really wanted to see Niagara falls. Well it was Canada Day on one side, Fourth of July on the other and I could only get a long distance picture as dad's van is a commercial one and not allowed the bridge. Hope to get back up there.

Thanks for all the continuing sharing and inspiration.

I did get to my dr., and we dealt with the various things. It seems I have been demoted from depression to major depression disorder or episode I have a new Rx but had to go back after work to get it so have been all around Atlanta all day.

Got blood checked for thyroid and when she said what they normally test for (one level) I said "nope, done too much research and have had friends go through this, I want the whole works" and she had no problem.

Got med for any future migraines but don't think I can afford it WITH the discount card and my insurance covers neither me. I read a lot of good reviews on the anti-d, of course I'd like to see the results in the morning, but many noticed a big change in a week or two at the most.

Going to bed, one more day of work and lots to do on my 3 days off.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

That is great news Puffy You must be so relieved!

I'm just getting in from the fireworks for Canada Day. I met up with a bunch of friends and everyone was drinking except for me which was fine, I knew I was only going to be out for an hour or two anyways. But they all lamed out at the last minute because they didn't want to leave their backyard/ beers and walk 5 minutes down to the beach to watch the show for 15 min?? So I took my kids and went without them. It was silly. Anyways I'm home now and sober and we enjoyed the fireworks. Today was a hard day for me. My AV was being a noisy pest until I got around my friends and saw how they couldn't make a decision and how disorganized they were being and then I was glad that I don't drink. I was all over the place today.

Hope you guys and gals had a better day than me!