Notices

So, What would you do.....

Old 02-01-2006, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Lightbulb So, What would you do.....

So............ If anyone read my "I'm here to b*tch thread you know I have been doing this one job that I have only done on meth before. It's been SOOO HARD to not do it this time. OMG........ Terribly hard.

There have been a few times, I've been so overwhelmed I don't see how I will ever finish without a bag of meth. THe truth is I would so be done already if I had it.

But I've managed. My question to anyone is, how do you know when it's just a readjustment thing or something that you just shouldn't be doing.

Part of me thinks, OMG, I just am going to have to choose to not do this, it's too too much for me.

Then the other part of me comes out that says, DWI~
Your being ridiculous, you CAN do anything you set your mind too, this is just something that you have to learn to do a different way. So do it already and quit bitc*ing about it.

So then I'm okay for awhile, then this whole dialog starts over again in my head.......

It's confusing and I'm not sure what to do.

Well, I'm going to stick with it and keep trying, who am I kidding? But I was just wondering if anyone has gone through this, has any advice, or whatever.

I wish I could take some non-crazy pills for my poor head. It's just going through a lot these days...

BTW~ I'm Overly tired, so if I'm not making any sense,
it's my head's fault. NOT MINE!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, the best I can come up with is rest enough for your body to recover then look at the situation again - and hopefully post again!!

Tired brains panic, get upset, imagine HUGE numbers of future scenarios, feel guilty, overwhelmed, trapped and defeated.

Rested minds have a problem to solve and stay within that keeping the perspective that it's neither the begining nor end of the world.

I'm a world class panic ass when tired - I know this!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

I would suggest getting some rest. A good nights sleep is needed by everyone. When I have slept well I can get so much more done.

My wife has done in home day care for over twenty years. As I am also self employed I have seen first hand what happens to the kids when they need a nap. They get crazy head (smile). I also include myself in that group.

I am not saying you are a child or childish, I am saying when the little ones and the big ones have had a nap, and are rested they don't have crazy head. Or in my case, not as bad a case of crazy head (grin).

Myself I take a thirty minute "power nap" in the early afternoon. If I stay asleep longer I wake up feeling groggy. Then that night I have trouble falling asleep.

I like to get up early and get my work done when I am wide awake and most are still sleeping. I have to field a bunch of tech calls once everybody is awake and at work. If I get up late I can't seem to get anything done.

I can relate to the meth induced nightlife as I used to drive a truck coast to coast before I got married. It took me quite a while to get readjusted to sleeping at night. Be patient and it can happen for you too.

You are a very talented young lady. Fully rested I can't imagine what you could do. Is the World ready for a rested Done With It?

I think not (smile).
Old 02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks guys! Both of you mentioned that I should rest. That kind of answers some more of my questions. The option of resting is not really there sometimes with this stuff.
I had to work all day at another job, that I was late for cause I was busy doing this other stuff. I'm tired, exhausted. I only took a nap last night for like 1/2 hour.

At this point, I'm starting to think, it's just not worth it. I'm not happy, I have more of that work to do that I am dreading........... And I thought about doing meth all day long.

ughh, I just want to sleep.......... This may be my last project.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

You are a very talented young lady. Fully rested I can't imagine what you could do. Is the World ready for a rested Done With It?

I think not (smile).
*LOL*, I know right, I'm losing my game being this tired! Good point! ;-)
Old 02-01-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

rest seems like the best thing. my mind goes crazy all the time. I am a recovering meth addict. I just let my mind run through as I say. my mind goes by itself, thousand of thoughts come to mind. crazy ****. I can be anywhere and just start thinking some crazy ****, which has nothing to do with what Iam doing. I just let my mind run through those thoughts and continue my day. if it comes to a point where I get anixity then I lay down and try to get some sleep. hope any of this helps you out.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Back in my drinking days, I worked 40 hours at one job, 22 at another and then 16 on the weekends. The 22 hour job, we brought beer with us and would catch a nap at work. Why did I do 3 jobs? I have no idea other then to say beer wasn't free.

I would look at things from that angle... why all this work? Is it worth it?
No money needed for drugs any more. We will live up to what we take in for money.
Pay before - money spent on drugs = money left for other things.

Pay now... no drugs... 100% of your pay can be used for other things.
Are the other things worth the headache of the added work?

Just giving you some things to think on. The choices are all something you will need make.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

babe ... even though 11 weeks clean is so AWESOME .... looking at the big life scheme of things, it is still early days in your recovery from this addiction.

I know you HAVE to work to pay the bills and such, but maybe this sort of work where its very tedious and you have only a day or so to finish it ... maybe that is NOT the type of work that will be good for you so early in your life's journey being free from Meth.

This should be a time where you are taking it as easy as possible ... not putting too much stress on yourself ... not working yourself into the ground!

For a long time, your body will need to adjust to being without that instant chemical rush and false energy that Meth gave you. You will definitely be needing to catch up on alot of sleep! Think of how long you were using Meth for? And in that time, how often (and how many days on end) would you go without sleep?!?

That's a HELL of alot of time that your body was depreived of the rest it needed ..... and unfortunately, it will take a while for your body to return to some sort of regular sleep, rest and wake cycle of its own without chemical assistance.

Please .... take the time to have a really good think whether realistically, that this is the sort of work that you have to do! Do you need to take on as many jobs as you have got going right now? Can you do something else for a while? Are you financially stable enough for now, to try to space out the jobs in order to give yourself breaks in between?

Although I am heartened that you are now getting the work that you wanted ... and also that you are still standing firm in your resolve not to fall back into the Meth trap, but I am still quite worried about you babe!

Putting this pressure on yourself .... having the pressure of work deadlines ..... feeling tired and not having time to fully rest .... doing work that can be quite repetitive at times ....
These are all such big triggers for you to want to use, that I am concerned that you are still quite vulnerable to relapse with all this pressure, despite the fact that you've done so well so far!

People go into rehabs for months in order to get well, but also as a way of staying in a safe environment that is free from life's day to day pressures .... and often, people recovering from addictions will also stay off work for at least a year before they feel able to cope with that kind of stress!

You are basically on your own in real life ... hardly anyone that you have physical contact with in your real life, knows what you are going through right now .... you have no rehab ... you havent been through a professional detox ... hey! - even your counsellor isnt even aware of your struggles in this regard!!

I know you have to work to pay bills ... and being able to be financially secure and get out of debt will help to EASE your stress, but I am concerned that you are trying to do it all at once and are taking on way too much too quickly .... and without any RL support!!

I just hope there is an end to all of this stress for you soon babe.
You know I am here and will help in whatever way I can.
Thinking about you xxx
Old 02-02-2006, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is still an adjustment period. You are learning how to do your work without the meth. It takes awhile to get used to handling things without drugs, but it will probably get easier for you as you get used to doing the work in a clear mind. It isn't worth using meth for -- because in the end, you will just feel horrible. It is also never ending. Remember, it may seem to help but the price and cost are just too high to do that. Be easy and gentle on yourself. Little bit at a time- trust me, it will add up. Do what you can and don't try it all at once. Too overwhelming.. hang in there girl.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

So today I set my alarm for 4 a.m. I woke up and felt horrible........ Depression full on, just that hopeless feeling. I still have so much work to do, I haven't even started it. I went back to bed. Got some more sleep and felt much better. I'm completely stressed about getting this done. But I read the posts here and it helped so much.

Maybe that work, that pressure is just not for me right now, I can always find more work doing it. But I haven't been that close to a relapse since right after I started. I'm still craving it like crazy.

I am late on this last project, I think I'll do it and just tell them, it's here if you still want it, if not you can toss it.
I got a somewhat, lol, rude email and was told "To call them"........ This was after I finished the first project..... Whatever, the phone works at the office, right. I called last night, left a curt message, You can call me back "If you want".......

I'm working my a*s off and it's work that most people won't do, so show me some respect. My friend is or was getting mad at me, She was like, Don't you let them treat you like that, that's insane... You should be telling them you want more money.

I don't want to give this job up, but I think I need to choose to do that for now, I was too close to using.

I found when I get tired like that, miss a night of sleep, My thinking is not right. I'm not strong like I can be, and I do let people walk all over me, encouring my self-esteem to take a nose dive.....
Old 02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thank you btw, everyone who replied, You all helped me alot.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Nothing on earth is worth your sanity.

No one has the right to make you think less of yourself.

It really is all about what's best for you, no one else.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

AAAAWwwww HERE you are!!

Did you think you could get away from me huh??

AND what have I been saying mmmm?

Rest....mmmm?

That means TIME to RELAX and SLEEP and read and do the things you like doing for a bit......

sounds a bit tricky tho with all the other stuff you have to do right now....

I congratulate you on the beginnings of a good recovery so far...but pleas take heed of what people are saying here....

Early recovery is great we feel so good! we feel like we can take on the world, then BAM! in come the thoughts 'it wsnt so bad', 'i'ts ok,' 'go on etc etc'....I call this the committee in my head they all get together in my head RENT FREEE by the way and start making desicions about what I can and cant do......

If you are running about like a blue arsed fly doing doing doing buzzing here and there you end up with your head up your arse and you just cant see....ANYTHING because it dark up there!

I KNOW Done because I have done the exact same thing myself! I have literally run myself into the ground and even in sobriety I have never been so low as I have just recently and it was down to exhaustion.........plain and simple

How long did you use eh? how many days months or years??

Think about your recovery, how long is it?.....

you are days months and years exhausted......

its going to take time (and the committee dont like that....) to really recover, your mind your body your soul. I wanted everything yesterday too but that wasnt going to happen....Slow down... and rest...ok?

OK lecture over hun.......

I just want to help thats all....I KNOW the madness in your head! its still there today but I try to keep the committee in check...the voices get louder the more tired you get!

I want to see you go from strength to strength because you are sO damned WORTH IT! you really are!!

I will write up my story in anew theread so you guys can all see where ive come from at some stage but for now I will just keep posting and getting to know everyoine

Love you to bits

Hugs and fluffy kittens to you

Purrddyyxxxxxx
Old 02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Okay , I am so hard headed..... I'm going to attempt this with a positive attitude, one more time. lol, I may already be fired. My work is late. Way late....... But I needed to sleep. I was too close to using.......

I think a lot of people use while doing this job. I don't know I think part of it may be my ADD and this job make it really tough.

It's weird cause I can work a ton, and be okay, but that's when I enjoy doing what I am doing.

If I don't, 8 hours can feel like I'm fighting a war.

One of my friends said I'm taking what they said too personal, and that's more of "Just how guys talk". lol, dumb guys..... Just Kidding.

Last week she was upset about a situation similiar to this, and I was like, No, I don't think she "said it like that at all" cuz I was there.

It was more her taking it way too personal.

Her and I are both VERY used to "doing things, RIGHT, and good, and getting praise for the jobs we do.." So when we have a hard time and don't get that, It's tough.

Gawd, I'm such a princess sometimes, it's pathetic..... I think it's about perfectionism also.

I always excel fast in what I do, and I always, "Get It" fast. This is tougher, so we will see.

Bottom line, is it's not my "Dream Job" it's a money job. I already may have another job lined up, doing something completely different.

LOL, I know, I know, Just what I need, ANOTHER JOB..........

This other one if I take or get it, will be much less stressful.

I'm a freak.....

I'm not sure if I'm fired or not, but I'm going to finish this project whether or not I'm being paid for it, doesn't matter. I will finish what I said I would. I'll include a nice note with my final submission and let what happens, happen.

If I'm not fired, I may tell them to ease down on how much work they send me. So I don't get overwhelmed.

I think part of this is time management also. I am bad at procrastination. I AM getting better with that, although ironically, all this threw me off.

My roommate does this, and now I know why he "Gets like he gets, sometimes....."

Okay, thoughts out of my head, back to work.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by Done-With-It
Okay , I am so hard headed..... I'm going to attempt this with a positive attitude, one more time. lol, I may already be fired. My work is late. Way late....... But I needed to sleep. I was too close to using.......

I think a lot of people use while doing this job. I don't know I think part of it may be my ADD and this job make it really tough.

It's weird cause I can work a ton, and be okay, but that's when I enjoy doing what I am doing.

If I don't, 8 hours can feel like I'm fighting a war.

One of my friends said I'm taking what they said too personal, and that's more of "Just how guys talk". lol, dumb guys..... Just Kidding.

Last week she was upset about a situation similiar to this, and I was like, No, I don't think she "said it like that at all" cuz I was there.

It was more her taking it way too personal.

Her and I are both VERY used to "doing things, RIGHT, and good, and getting praise for the jobs we do.." So when we have a hard time and don't get that, It's tough.

Gawd, I'm such a princess sometimes, it's pathetic..... I think it's about perfectionism also.

I always excel fast in what I do, and I always, "Get It" fast. This is tougher, so we will see.

Bottom line, is it's not my "Dream Job" it's a money job. I already may have another job lined up, doing something completely different.

LOL, I know, I know, Just what I need, ANOTHER JOB..........

This other one if I take or get it, will be much less stressful.

I'm a freak.....

I'm not sure if I'm fired or not, but I'm going to finish this project whether or not I'm being paid for it, doesn't matter. I will finish what I said I would. I'll include a nice note with my final submission and let what happens, happen.

If I'm not fired, I may tell them to ease down on how much work they send me. So I don't get overwhelmed.

I think part of this is time management also. I am bad at procrastination. I AM getting better with that, although ironically, all this threw me off.

My roommate does this, and now I know why he "Gets like he gets, sometimes....."

Okay, thoughts out of my head, back to work.
This is JUST a lilttle thought but after reading ALL your posts, you sound a bit MANIC!!!!! I would try and take a few deep breaths and CALM down, find out what is really MOST important and do that first and then relax for 10 minutes, then continue like that.......I used to be WAY ahead of ME like you.....I am Laughing about it as I am just sitting in my nightgown at 3:30pm and have done NOTHING yet..had to be LEARNED..it takes time...do not be so damn hard on yourself, girl...........PEACE...............Kahlia
Old 02-02-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I wouldn't say necessarily I'm manic right now. I've been there. I'm tired, stressed out and overwhelmed. Missing a few nights of sleep and working this much on one thing is hard.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Done I will come back to post I have to go to Carrie's now. I posted to Hope.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lol, I just talked to someone I know and told them what I was doing, (they do the same thing) and they were stunned that this place gave me this certain job. They've been doing this consistantly for about 1 1/2 and said THEY would have a hard time doing this one.

After they asked a few more questions, said the timeline I had for it was WAY unrealistic.

I don't know why but that made me feel so much better to see the stunned look on their face when I told them.

If they didn't have so much experience doing it, then it probably wouldn't feel so damn good getting some validation that one is hard.....

I don't know why I'm typing this or writing this out, I am a freak, but I'm hearing not a dork. *Winks* lol.......
Old 02-03-2006, 12:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are no way a freak!

You are filling in your life with work instead of being....

You are a human DOING right now

not a human BEING!

They say try not to get too hungry andgry lonely ot tired....
H.A.L.T.

So are you any of those things?

Your recovery must come first.....

You are as mad as a hatter like the rest of us Im so glad not to be alone!!!!

Fluffy kittens and hugs

Purrddyxxxxx
Old 02-03-2006, 01:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lol, I don't think I'm actually working as much as I make myself sound like I am. Or maybe I am, but it's up and down, some weeks it's alot of work, other weeks not as much. I enjoy most of the work I do. I like variety. I need to work to catch up on all the work I didn't do when I was detoxing. That really really screwed me up. I don't know how I did it.... Next week, I'll breath again. lol,

My friend Jellybeans is a huge cat fan, she's going to love you! lol