Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22

Old 01-21-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Arrow Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22

I don't know about you but when I see a weekender post with a picture of places where you all live, I love it! Seeing the world while soberly sitting on my tush here in Maine is fun and to be honest, a bit exciting.

I mentioned last week that I was inspired by something Mr. B said. He mentioned that on his way to work he saw a beautiful scene. I thought to myself "I wanna see too!" So.... How about we all become world travelers this weekend. Lift us out of ourselves and jet set around the globe.

When I drank, vacations slowly became impossible. The level of drinking I would do was insane. I lost vacations. Eventually I had to stay closer to home. A trip to Philadelphia turned into one of my worst crack binges ever. I met street wise folks and let them stay the night in my expensive high rise hotel room doing crack all night. Tucking blankets in front of the door jam to not let the smoke creep out into the hall. Absolute madness.

I include some help down below for those that need it. The trick on this thread will be keeping picture sizes smaller for the message board. Select that option when uploading please.

So come on sober team! I want to see from Trees to MB, from Olive to Nons. And everything in between! Lol! And of course that scene Mr B mentioned. A fun and relaxed weekender.

This is Two Lights State Park near me. I will post later of some other places close by.

Welcome new folks! Hope you will join in and experience the amazing weekender support!

Welcome to your sober weekend!

Ken

Go to Tinypic.com
Choose a picture file
Select the message board option to resize!!!!!
Click upload
Copy the message board link
Paste it into your post

It's that simple!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Holy crud! Shotgun?

Love the theme, Weasel. Love the pic. I know you've been through a lot this week with the loss of your beloved pet. Stay strong buddy, but as we all know there's nothing wrong with taking time to grieve as well.

I took this photo last night. Fuego volcano is erupting again, this is the view from my town:

Old 01-21-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Vice -shotgun)
Old 01-21-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doh...I missed shotgun!!!!!

Well done Big S and good to see you, sir.

Great post K. I will post a pic or two later!!!

B
Old 01-21-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks BigS.

This morning was tough as all my routines seems to be with Henry. He demanded a lot of attention. I was all to glad to give it to him. I feel a void.

But off to work where I can stay busy!

Looking forward Mr. B.

And I love the Vice-Shotgun MB!!! Clever! No one ever did that before.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone thank you Ken I'm in

Was just browsing pics of where I worked in Corfu (Greek island) I was just 18 and out there alone it was one of the best experiences of my life

I couldn't find a pic that sums up how I feel about that place it is very special to me from nights lying on long grass looking at a sky full of stars to going to beach everyday reading Huckleberry Finn to the sound of the waves

I miss that place I would love to go back one day so many good memories I would love to show Mrs sw

If I find a pic that does paliokatritsas justice il post it later but know it is a gem of a island
Old 01-21-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!
Love the theme!

Here's a picture I took a couple of years ago while hiking on a weekend trip in Northern Wisconsin, in the area of Hayward.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

C'mon, we'll go fishing. Believe it or not, this is not Maine.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on ya'll. My picture upload skills are limited (I'll work on it this weekend) so I'll describe a cool scene.
I was on a beach in SE Asia in Ko Chang with a group of Thai people. A baby elephant(large one) walked up to me and started gently exploring my face with the finger on the end of its trunk. It was very moving. I guess I was the funny looking white guy. I'll never forget that.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is a pic from my favourite beach near where I live, with my old pal the Behan hound in her younger days, who accompanied me on many a long trek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1452025708303.jpg (60.4 KB, 152 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awww. Your old hound looks like a lovely companion.

This is not near me - it's from my trip to St. Thomas 3 years ago. I use this picture to lower my blood pressure.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in!
From my astro-photography heydays.
The moon taken with a cheap digital camera
coupled to an 80mm refracting telescope.
Attached Images
waxgib042005cw.jpg (68.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am loving this!!!! So excited to see every place! I have a bunch to post as well later when I am home from work.

K
Old 01-21-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Love the topic and some great photos already, travel is a passion and been lucky enough to visit some fantastic places but also many trips ruined / dominated by drink and drugs, been to some beautiful and interesting cities and literally never moved out of a bar or hotel room for days getting drunk and high.

I'm a complete technophobe so the chances of posting any pics are slim to none existent.

Corfu is a special place for me also SW - met my wife there in Benitses in the summer of 92.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have about a million non-digital photos of my travels hanging around. If I get brave later I might dig a couple out and scan them to upload. I looked though my phone and iPad - not much handy because I recently did a purge. I have a lot of pictures on my old laptop, which is out of commission at the moment. But I'm loving seeing everyone's pictures!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just looked back quickly through a few and realised just how much the holiday snaps are dominated by alcohol and made me feel pretty crap - worst thing being the last 2 years have been at the same hotel we are visiting again this year, already paid for - something that is playing on my mind a lot - need to let it go and not dwell I know and realise I can still enjoy a holiday without booze, early days still and its months away, plus I looked up AA meetings local to where we are and there are quite a few.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If have been a bit worried about LBrain's advice following my job offer in the last thread. So I took on board the advice and e-mailed the employer yesterday morning to say that I would like to accept. I heard nothing back all day yesterday...until right now. I got a message back saying "that's great news. I formally offer you the job. When would you like to start?" Here's to a fresh start for me!!

I'm just out of another interview actually. I was told "we liked your CV a lot. You have a very broad range of work experience which is good". Usually what I get is "oh wow, you are very educated. You have done so many courses".
Since when is education a bad thing?

This picture is of our local cathedral. Personally I think the building itself is hideous but it is quite the landmark in our "city".

And of course, I'm in
Attached Images
IMG_20160121_002448.jpg (86.4 KB, 151 views)
Old 01-21-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great news, Tetra!
Awesome photo, too.
The bird makes it complete.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

In!!!
I am heading to the mountains for the weekend. This will be a good reason to take lots of pictures. It is beautiful up there!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ALL of my pictures are of my kids. I'll see if I can find something else to share though.

Tetra, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jsbodhi, there isn't much new he can say, is there?

Weasel, I am sending lots of love your way...... It's so hard to feel the void in all your routines. Take extra good care of yourself. ((((())))) We're with you.