Class of August 2012 Part 2

We continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-21.html

D
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fdm

First in!

Still on and off. I'll give Day 1 another try today.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gotta start somewhere FDM! Take care of yourself today!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Gotta start somewhere FDM! Take care of yourself today!
Thanks. I'm struggling with an inner and outer ear infection. It's like being really drunk. I think I need to call off work today. I sure can't see driving this morning.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Afternoon All!

Well, my step-son who I had a massive go at is here and all chilled. As Dee said, it is all about building trust.

Thank God, I am sober and happy.

I am one of the lucky ones that after a few days sober things do begin to brighten up quickly. That is a dangerous thing though because it increases complacency so whenever I read my post I will just have a look at my signature and remind myself of the hell that drinking is.

Grace, she was drunk and I went to bed, with her, chilled out, not happy but chilled. This morning I woke up and she had her arms round me. When I finally woke up properly she wanted a cuddle.

She has her own problems. I have mine. I am never going to judge her but in the past year I have realised that I do need to step up and take real responsibility for this family. Sounds a bit daft but I do. Someone has to.

My family at home: me (30), fiancee (35), step-son (8), two cats, two hamsters, one kitten, one dog, one fish.

My family outside of home: my fiancee's two elder step-sons (18 and 15).

Oh and of course everyone else!!!

Haha, my step-son just made a joke at my expense! All in good nature! Thank Heavens!

But, sobriety is everything, EVERYTHING!

All of you in this group, I love reading your posts and look forward to talking to you all over the coming weeks, months and years.

Just don't take that first drink!

Chimp!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been drinking every night since Saturday. And before that was on and off as well. So basically 5 night of strait drinking and I feel like crap. Bloated, exhausted, unmotivated and depressed. It is like I am wearing a mask of unhappiness. There are only 9 days left till August class is over. i must take the plunge once again and go to a meeting or stop on my own. I cannot continue to feel this way. I appreciate all your feedback. But apparently it's ultimately up to me to make the right choice.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi homies! Onward to another day. Now I'm Waking Up early instead of not sleeping at night! Hah! WhatEver!!

Had a thought last night of, "Hmmm. Could use a drink and a cigarette right now." Use for What??? Arrrr. Gotcha AV/cv(?!!). Nice try.

Love y'all!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello everybody (again)

Half way through day 5 now and still going strong, trouble is I can't get any housework completed through logging on here every 5 minutes.

Hi Chimp, your name does make me smile. Doesn't sound too bad with your fiancee. I guess we all of us have our problems. That's life. I'm glad to hear that your taking it easy with your step son.

My home:

Me 58
Husband ( not really husband but we've been together for 18 yrs) Peter, 52.
my son's 2.5 yr old who has virtually lived with us since Feb 2012.
two cats.

I have a grown up son who is the bain of my life and a lovely grown up daughter, who has given me 2 beautiful grandchildren aged 5 and 3. I look after them too when mum works.

Peter has grown up children and 2 grandchildren, so we have 5 between us.

My mum and dad live round the corner, My mum is 79 and as fit as a fiddle, my lovely Dad is 80 and we think has started with Alzhiemers or dementia. He's been a brilliant father and Dad. One of the few gentlemen in the world. He battled and beat prostrate cancer and skin cancer in his 70's, He's crippled with arthritis and he always has a smile on his face. Bless him, I've never heard him swear, break wind or moan!! ( thought I'd share that with you all)

I help look after Dad too, so life is always in the fast lane.

Anyway, welcome to the newbies.

Violet, my thoughts and prayers are with you. YOu have a lot of people concerned and caring about you. Keep posting and be positive. You can do this, but you have to want to, we are all here for you,

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fdm

Dammit! I got mad a few minutes ago, and went on a pouring out binge!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me too Fdm. Crazy how I can say "NO" to anything I want to on this planet except alcohol... Embarrassed and a little deflated. Its like I start feeling too good or something and then my mind decides that it just cant help itself. I could no more stop myself from drinking on Sunday afternoon than I could stop a raging locomotive. Funny thing was AFTER I got drunk I thought maybe I should have gone to a meeting instead... Brilliant deduction...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by IreLander View Post
Day 1 again for me too Fdm. Crazy how I can say "NO" to anything I want to on this planet except alcohol... Embarrassed and a little deflated. Its like I start feeling too good or something and then my mind decides that it just cant help itself. I could no more stop myself from drinking on Sunday afternoon than I could stop a raging locomotive. Funny thing was AFTER I got drunk I thought maybe I should have gone to a meeting instead... Brilliant deduction...
I feel ya'.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh boy, we are talking family. I love mine to pieces!

Husband: Bryan (41) Senior Chief in the Navy
Daughter: Alex (11) going into 6th grade; plays soccer, basketball, lacrosse
Son: Cole (9) going into 4th grade with many special needs (ASD, ODD, ADHD, mood disorder, anxiety)
Son: Liam (8) going into 3rd grade; plays baseball spring and fall ball also ADHD and depression
Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fdm

Since I'm off work today, I watched the Forks Over Knives film today. I have been flirting with changing to a plant based diet to treat my cholesterol issues, and I'm totally in now.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Three quarters of the way through Day 5 and all is well....Ate well yet again and looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow morning...Thought I would update now as I'm off to take my son to his karate class soon...Hope everyone has a good evening...Take care....Steve...
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 11 for me. Things are falling into place nicely, but just terrified when that next craving will be. Evenings are my triggers. Usually if I can just get through the night the triggers end. My gym is closed for the week for some renovations, so have to stay focused in other ways. Feeling calm and a little more patient and organized. Glad to be a part of class of August.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ATO

Day three is a little rough. I'm feeling weak. My mind keeps thinking about cold beer or cocktails at the end of the day. Oh boy. My freaking palms are sweating as I type this. Gotta stay busy I guess. Please God, grant me the strength I need to do this.

Good luck to the rest of you, too. I haven't had time to read every bit of every post - guess I'm totally using this forum selfishly, but it really seems to help. Thanks you guys - good to read your posts and know I'm not alone. Hang in there. We can do this. Ugh.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there ATO. Do you have a plan for the rest of the day?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How's everyone else feeling mentally? I am still really, really struggling. I am full of anger, at myself. I am mad at myself for putting myself in this position. Mad because I will never get to have a delicious pumpkin ale, IPA, glass of wine, etc. Mad at myself for putting my family through this. I'm also irritated by all the happy people I see, especially all the happy people at AA. I just don't see how I will ever be happy again. I'm just angry and not sure what to do about it.

Thanks for listening...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi. me again.

Big open armed welcome to FDM and Otto.

Stevie, I'm with you on 3/4 through day 5. Whoop, whoop.

Ebshot lovely to hear about your family. Mine mean the world to me too. My 5 yr old Grandon has Asbergers, He is just gorgeous but as awkward as can be. His teacher said he is the most stubborn child she has ever met in her 33 yrs of teaching!!! lol. A sense of humour and a lot of patience is needed at all times. He is the apple of my eye.

Anyway today normally, as I think I said earlier, I would have been in work until 19.00, buying a sneaky bottle of wine on the way home and spiriting it in to swig this evening. None of that tonight or any other night.

Also 'BREAKING NEWS' here. My other half came in from work went straight up to the spair bedroom again and shut himself in. I gave him 10 mins, made him a cup of tea and walked in with it. He was just lay on the bed, so I said, I've made you a brew. He just said 'right'. ( the other day I took him one up and he told me he didn't want anything from me!). I told him I was sorry and he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked could he forgive me and he said he doesn't know. I just said that I have been trying really hard and I will continue to try even harder because if you want something badly enough, you will get it, and I was sobriety. I left it at that, walked out and shut the door.

It's just a baby step forward, but that is the most conversation we've had since Saturday. Hope I'm not being too optimistic.

I am sooo going to work at this and I am sooo going to do it. I don't ever want to be in this dark, lonely place again.

Love to you all.

Speak again later no doubt.

Gxxx
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I meant I want sobriety, not I was sobriety!!