Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 2

Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning to you all.

Day 7 it is. one whole week, I cannot believe how quickly it is gone and I'm still here, sober, I've survived week one. If I can survive week one, then I can certainly survive week two.

Ebshott, I hope all is okay with your son, just makes you realise what a selfish desease alcholism is and how important our sobriety is.

Dalia, you were marvelous. Well done you. I had a lot of strange, disturbing dreams the first few days, but that seems to have passed now and I have been sleeping much better.

Chimp, we both told Mr Wine to go **** himself yesterday. That must have been a blow to his evil persuasions. Tee hee. Stay strong over in Poland and yes keep us posted whenever you can.

Well anyway,it's now 07.23 and I have a 2 yr old saying 'up now, up now' so I better shift myself, make us a cup of tea, breakfast, dressed and then I'm taking my Mum grocery shopping.

Oh and I've also made very slight progress with my husband. He's still living in the spare bedroom but he accepted 2 cups of tea off me yesterday. I told him I was sorry ( again) and he said he is so angry with me that I am just better keeping out of his way. Baby steps, I'm going to work so hard to show him how serious I am.

It will probably be tonight before I can log on again, busy day ahead.

Love to you all. Be strong

Big hugs

Gxxxxx
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Just a quickie. I forgot my daily 'just for today' promise. I try and do one of these each day.

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways. I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out. If anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do-just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Big hugs

Gxxx
Old 08-25-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well done ebshot for handling a very difficult situation sober. Everyone in this class is so capable and has so much to give.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 7 here for me...Already been out with the dog for a couple of hours...Just got back and slurping my second pint of tea and chomping down on 6 slices of brown sauce on toast...Yum Yum...No gym today and I really do ache from yesterdays session but it feels good...Taking the wife and kids out this morning and then I'm just gonna chill out for the rest of the weekend...Feels good to get a week under my belt again but as DEE said I'm not gonna concentrate too much on numbers this time around....I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll check back in later....Take care all....Steve....
Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi All,

ATO, yes, I can tell he is there waiting. What will happen today is this: I am leaving at 02.30 to head to the airport tomorrow. I'm all ready with all my group's admin. I should be in bed at nine but he will try and tell me to relax that I have worked hard and deserve a drink! I am about to go on a working holdiay after all. And I will just tell him where to stick it!

Grace, I look forward to hearing how much progress you have made with your husban next Saturday morning.

Applecrumble, let us all stick together in all our little ways, through the good and the bad and we will all get there. None of us must ever forget the depths of despair occassioned by alcohol.

Stevie, I had my heart in my mouth when I read the word 'pint'! Damn right, this is not a numbers game! This is a game for life!

To everyone out there, forget the booze, it is pathetic!

Let's live!

Chimp!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning ya'll...
Day 18 here....

Up at 5 a.m. after having a bit of a nightmare....not sure what that was about. Maybe a litte PAWS, I suppose. Oh, well...just spoke w/God and am trying to get my head on straight for the day....

Have a wonderful sober day everyone....We're gonna do this thing.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all

Just managed to jump in quickly whilst the little one is having his lunch.

Half way through day 7 now, whoopy doo, and so far so good. Picked my mum up to go grocery shopping. On the way into town we passed a poor old sole, looking like he'd been sleeping rough, swigging a bottle of white lightening. My mum said 'how disgusting at 9.00 am. 'I couldn't speak for the lump in my throat,I just thought 'there but for the grace of God goes me.'

Anyway, instead of buying my usual sneaky bottles of wine I bought myself 3 trays of winter pansies for my garden, which worked out half the price. Bargain!

Right, need to go now, speak later

Have a fab and sober afternoon

Big hugs

Gxxxx
Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Fdm

Well, who wants to be the first to say "I told you so"?

I had 2 beers while dining with my oldest daughter and her boyfriend and the rest of my family at the Mellow Mushroom last night.

I'm not sure if it's the "pizza and beer" thing that I'm so used to, or that the conversation revolved around my 20 year old daughter, who is working part-time in a retail store making $600 a month, who is now pregnant. Her boyfriend worked hard to get along with me, but he's a 21 year old, working part-time in retail probably making $1000 a month, who already has a DUI, and can't find a decent job.

I guess it's the combination of both. I played nice, but I couldnt resist some stern advice at times. Honestly, if I didn't have the drink, it might have been worse. I'm not mad at them, I'm just worried about the coming struggles for them. I'm excited about the baby, but, like I said, I'm very worried.

Anyhow, to continue my fail, we went to Earth Fare and bought some whole foods that I cannot buy locally, and, also a 4 pack of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. I drank 1 when we got home, and poured the rest out before I posted this.

So, Dee, bring on the whoopin'.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I woke up with a monster headache but instead of it being from drinking and stress it was just from stress.

I'm headed to see my therapist this morning and then to the hospital to see my son.

Stay sober today everyone!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Quick hello and hugs to everyone

Been a busy day cant lie and say that i not thought about wine but i havnt drunk any and yes i did give away the bottle

off for a long shower (boat trip fun but wet and cold lol) then hot chocolate marshmallows shortbread and a girly film curled up on sofa in my pjs ultra lazy night might get round to painting my nails also not done that for a while

PS just found the extra smileys now you in trouble now hahahaha cant find them on my phone yet
Old 08-25-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Three quarters through Day 7 and all is well....Took the wife and kids shopping today,ate far too much food again,walked the dog for about an hour,came back,ate even more food,the wife's gone to a friends for the evening,my 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter are upstairs watching films,my 6 month old daughter is asleep in her cot and cos the wife's out I have let the dog in the main room and let him sleep on the wife's chair,lol,she would go mad if she knew....I'm drinking mineral water like its going out of fashion and I'm just about to raid the fridge for chocolate.....I'm gonna chill out on the computer for a while and then I'm gonna go upstairs and watch one of my all time favorite films....ROCKY 4......Hope everyone else has a great Saturday night...Take care all.....Steve.....
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi all

Three quarters through day 7 along with Steve and doing o.k, no desire for wine at all.

My home town played rugby at Wembley this afternoon and won the challenge cup. Watched it on the t.v whilst doing a spot of ironing.

Had an early bath and am now going to do my nails, spot of pampering is in order I think.

Husband still giving me the cold shoulder but seems to be thawing just the slightest. He came in from work again, straight upstairs to the spare room . I took him a cup of tea up, which he accepted. I made a beef casserole this afternoon and asked if he wanted some, but he said he isn't really eating at the minute. So I said what about in an hour or so and he said maybe. That's progression I suppose. I'm devastated at how much I've hurt him. He just looks so sad. I feel like sticking pins in my own eyes!

Hope your headaches cleared Erica and I hope your son is o.k. You are doing really well.

FDM things could have been a lot worse and at least you had the forsight to pour the other 3 bottles away. It's human to err.

Rosieblue, I'm so please you gave that bottle away, hope your girly night goes well. Hope it's not raining as much where you are as it is here. It's lashing it down.

Anyway, enough for now. I'll get on with my nails and then see if I can temp husband with casserole. Let you know later.

Big hugs

Gxxxx
Old 08-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Well that's it, day 7 done and dusted. No harm done! Safely tucked up in bed with my hot drink and the last few chapters of my book to finish. How I love this boring life. There is definitely something to be said for boring..

Night night sleep well. Speak tomorrow.

Big hugs

Gxxx

p.s He ate the casserole!!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
ATO

Oh boy - the wife brought home big bottle of wine. She doesn't know I've decided to quit, she's not exactly the supportive type when it comes to things like this. Man, it looks so cold and good. Day five just took an unexpected turn - but I should have seen it coming I guess. I bet the beast saw it coming . . . he's clever, but needs me to get what he wants - right?

Okay, we're at DEFCON 1. Not to throw myself a pity party, but words of encouragement are greatly appreciated, something tells me I'll be on the forum quite a bit tonight. I am literally sweating as I type; I can do this.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not tell your wife ATO?

D
Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by fdm
So, Dee, bring on the whoopin'.
I've no interest in whooping anyone fdm
I've made the same mistakes - several times over.

I wanted to make as little change as possible in my life...but it turns out my problem was bigger than that and required more....

Are you finding the same thing?

D
Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've no interest in whooping anyone fdm
I've made the same mistakes - several times over.

I wanted to make as little change as possible in my life...but it turns out my problem was bigger than that and required more....

Are you finding the same thing?

D
You have a pretty good read on things.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Wow, long day here. I saw my therapist this morning and had a good session with her. Lots to talk about and work through. I picked up my other two kiddos and took them to lunch. It was the first time we have gone out to eat since I stopped drinking. They even sat us in the bar area and I was okay with it. I had zero desire to drink. I happily ordered a Diet Coke.

This afternoon I dropped of the two kids and went to visit Cole. He is doing well and seemed pretty content to be there. It was great to see him and chat with him. Leaving was hard but I'll be back tomorrow.

I am completely exhausted and plan to go to bed early. Have a great sober night everyone!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
ATO

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
why not tell your wife ATO?

D
I guess I just don't want it to be a big deal, kind of want to go quietly - does that make sense? She drinks as well - not quite as fervently as myself, but she can certainly put the wine away, anyway . . . the question brings up numerous possible answers. Guess it sounds kooky that I haven't mentioned it to her (it has to be obvious to her I'm not drinking, though). We both quit for nearly a month recently, but when the time was up we jumped right back in.

It seems my temptation I mentioned earlier has passed, though - we are now at DEFCON 4 (hehe). I made a cup of coffee and it seemed to help, a lot actually. And it's cool knowing this forum is here. I bet you've seen some real characters come and go on here as a moderator, Dee. You are doing a good thing.

Andrew
Old 08-25-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand wanting to make as little fuss as possible...I told my partner and I think it made things easier, but whatever way you decide to go is your decision....

it does mean you'll have to develop a strategy for these kinds of events tho, I think?...

And yes, I've met a lot of interesting folks over 5 years, lol

have a good rest of your weekend Andrew
D

D