Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 2

Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Food for thought here- 1 bottle of wine equals 6 jammy doughnuts!

Gx
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

So hard to think that today I will not drink when I get home. I hate that I think about drinking during the day, and that is why I am not normal.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Smile

Hello everyone. Today is day 1 for me. Thanks for all the great posts
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Why is when I think of alcoholics all I can see is someone that is homeless or poor.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thanks for the food for thought Grace, as I read it a little voice in the back if my head said "I'd still rather have the wine" but that's partly because I misread and thought you'd said jammy dodgers which I am not keen on. Anywhos it has shut up now, I am carrying too much extra weight not only because of the wine but the poor choices that went with it. The snacking because I'd start drinking while cooking and needed something to go with the wine, the nibbles after because I was still drinking after we had eaten and yes needed something to go with the wine, the stodgy breakfast a least a couple of days a week to soak up the night before - no more, the cycle is broken (I hope!), x
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

at that horrible time now when I'm wanting to drink. Why is it so so difficult
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
at that horrible time now when I'm wanting to drink. Why is it so so difficult
I wish I knew or could help you, my time is coming soon.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
So hard to think that today I will not drink when I get home. I hate that I think about drinking during the day, and that is why I am not normal.
Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
I wish I knew or could help you, my time is coming soon.
day 1 is just the worst for me.it's been day 1 for last 8 days but never make it.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
day 1 is just the worst for me.it's been day 1 for last 8 days but never make it.
I made it 3 days a few weeks ago. Then decided that I did not have an issue and have had at least 8 everyday since.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

WWG, I am not sure what is "normal"', hope you are ok, x

Justhadenough please hang on in there, sorry I can't offer anything more insightful - hopefully someone more experienced can, x
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello Lindy, welcome, I'm also a newbie, I am on day three, this is a great forum, good luck, x
Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

thank you. i know there is no easy answer-it just helps to chat
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hi

WWG I was going to ask what 'normal' is. Is there such a thing? Anyway, isn't it time for you to go our for a walk now or something?

Last time I did this I went to A.A. I was petrified, I walked in on my own expecting to see a circle of do-gooders holding hands. I could not believe how many people were there. I think 3/4 of my home town must have a drinking problem! Anyway I walked in and sat down, looked at the man who was chairing the meeting and at some older ladies who looked very prim and proper and I seriously thought they were some sort of God Squad who ran the meetings. By the end of the meeting I knew different. EVERY single person in that room was a recovering alcoholic/alcoholic and guess what, the great majority of them were highly professional, educated people and I was also gobsmacked that many of them were also from the medical profession. An eye opener or what?

Unfortunately, due to the unexpected change in my family circumstances, i.e taking on a 2 yr old and looking after my dad, aged 80, I just can't spare 90 mins for a meeting unless I take them both with me!!!! Hence the reason I'm on here as much as poss.

Also WWG, I've been thinking, have you spoken to your Doctor, some of your comments hint at depression and as alcohol is also a depressant it may be something to think about!!

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Welcome Lindy Sue

Gxx

I've got virually no work done today, I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow. I've drunk gallons of boiled water, so up and down to the ladies every 2 mins. I can almost feel my liver tentatively stretching and unfirling a little. lol

big hugs

Gxx
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi

WWG I was going to ask what 'normal' is. Is there such a thing? Anyway, isn't it time for you to go our for a walk now or something?

Last time I did this I went to A.A. I was petrified, I walked in on my own expecting to see a circle of do-gooders holding hands. I could not believe how many people were there. I think 3/4 of my home town must have a drinking problem! Anyway I walked in and sat down, looked at the man who was chairing the meeting and at some older ladies who looked very prim and proper and I seriously thought they were some sort of God Squad who ran the meetings. By the end of the meeting I knew different. EVERY single person in that room was a recovering alcoholic/alcoholic and guess what, the great majority of them were highly professional, educated people and I was also gobsmacked that many of them were also from the medical profession. An eye opener or what?

Unfortunately, due to the unexpected change in my family circumstances, i.e taking on a 2 yr old and looking after my dad, aged 80, I just can't spare 90 mins for a meeting unless I take them both with me!!!! Hence the reason I'm on here as much as poss.

Also WWG, I've been thinking, have you spoken to your Doctor, some of your comments hint at depression and as alcohol is also a depressant it may be something to think about!!

Big hugs

Gxx
I see a therapist, and my next appointment is on Wed. I have never really disclosed to her how much I drink. I usually say it is just 3 a day here and there. I assume that she knows I am lying. I do take meds for depression and anxiety, but mixed with the alcohol they are likely useless.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi all. I recently made it just over a month but fell. Today is a new day one. I think that joining your group may help - - so, hello and good day!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi Benice, welcome, x
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Last week at this time I was a foggy headed, hungover mess. 2pm MST on 8/20 was my last drink. Feeling good right now, 7 days sober. Yay, me!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hi pipporossi - yay you! Congrats on the 7 days, x
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi again Pippo Rossi good to have you back.

How did your week end go?

7 days is amazing. Well done you

Big hugs

Gxx