# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of May 2011 Part 3

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I shall be honored to post first on this page.
Not much going on in my life. I've been doing some research on the 3-6 month period of sobriety. I feel like I cheated on SR yesterday, when I ended up on another website similar to this one. I just wanted to read what some people were dealing with. My final conclusion is that this period is a nexus from drunk to sober. I have to say that the other site was identical in appearance to this one, but not as frequented by members, and some people were just trying to moderate their drinking, or get to a week or a month. Hey, good for them, but I'm in this for the long haul.
It will be back to the waterfall today, as it is the last day of my four day weekend. I hope to share a picture with you guys tonight, with some running water.
Have a nice day Miner's.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work on your yard feature Lovingit. One nice thing is acutally completing projects. I never finished anything before. A nice place for meditation.
I just finished taking my first third step. My sponsor and I finished the third set of questions. She has these really cool questions with the answeres are in the BB. I then did my prayer. I chose Dr. Bob's. 3rd step prayer. I really felt that I could say it no with no more honesty then what was written in that prayer. I feel so much graditude that I found such a wonderful teacher at this time in my life. When I leave in a couple of weeks to go home. she will still sponsor me by phone till I can find a face to face sponsor
,and I don't worry about that, as my HP put this person here for me and it will continue to be so. Hey i just turned it over Miners. So Let it Be (())s the lush
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MINEr

I think Dee beat you to that first post, lovingit, damn sneaky mods.

Hey all, off work, up at my parents house, don't have to work till Saturday. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Doing well today, just enjoying the fresh new thread smell. Got a meeting tonight with my brother, can't wait to be able to say, with confidence,"I'm from out of town, yep that's right, the Get Real group out of SanFran." Had a real pleasant couple of hours talking with an old friend, god I missed her so. Can't wait to rekindle what was one of my most favorite friendships. Well, everyone have a great day, I'm gonna do nothing for a couple of hours.

Day 79- camedown
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a long standing convention amongst some that mod posts don't 'count', camedown.
Naturally I don't agree

D
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MINEr

First nameI saw was Dee. *shrugs*
Old 08-15-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee who? :-)
Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I meant first civilian to post.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lovingit - great work on the waterfall! It looks great. Interesting your comment on the 3-6 month period as a nexus from drunk to sober. Even though every person's recovery is unique my mind likes to categorize these things - what are others going through at the same stage? Is this normal? Not that there's any normal anyway... but I do still feel on a bit of a rollercoaster at times - yesterday a minor thing threw me off at work and I couldn't shake off the irritability. And I was in a great mood up until that point. But maybe that's just life and I would have responded that way regardless of what else is happening in life.

Lushly- sounds like you're going well on your 3rd step. I say the third step prayer during the day, but I do wish I had a sponsor (stilllll.... on the lookout) but there are not many women at the meeting I go to regularly. I know I could find one if I got out of my comfort zone and rang a few people. Withdrawing and isolating are so familiar to me...but it's not what the program of AA is about, is it....!

camedown - enjoy the break from work

keep up the great sobriety everyone
Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day all

D - damn sneaky mod
Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Not much to report other than daily life which is going well enough for now.
A little surprised, but pleased to see that we've managed to move on to part three of journey together.

Lovingit, I agree, the water feature looks great & will sound even better!

Lushly, Pleased to hear about the progress with your step work.

Camedown, Enjoy your vacation time & a second chance with your lost friend.

Newstart, Be sure to keep your head and arms inside the car, the roller coaster ride should be nearing the end soon.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MINEr

Hey all. Got a new laptop today. It is MY first computer in years, and is another big step in my re-connection with the world. Very excited to say the least. Did have one major thing that has me very stressed right now though. My parents young dog got into my shaving kit and ate all my vitamins, including some very strong pescription vit. D tabs. We took him to the vet, and he is being held for three days for observation. The dog eats everything, so I am not blaming myself, but I am VERY stressed about it, and am just trying to be as optomistic as I can. Hope all of you are having a great day.

Day 80- camedown
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

dang - animals love to get in where they're not meant to....
I understand your concern tho...I'm hoping your dog will be just fine tho camedown

D
Old 08-16-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. The work week is officially here.

Newstart: After my day at work and rereading your post, I noticed that I have issues with coworkers, but I'm not reacting immediately. Instead, I bite my tongue, and possibly wait for the right time to address it. Timing is everything, and saving my feelings for later is good ammo. This is proof of a change in me, because three months ago I would say what I felt on spot.

Lushly: I disagree with you that you haven't ever finished anything. With all that your doing, I believe you have finished a chapter in your life.

Camedown: Congratulations on 80 days. Let us know how the dog makes out, I'm sure he will be fine.

Concor: Always glad to see you. Just keep posting.

MyCoolFitz: I've been reading your posts everywhere else.

PumpkinSoup: Feel free to post here. You have been with us from the beginning. We're a small, but proud group.

3Steeds: Where are you?

Did I miss anyone?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

CCLEARLY and SUGARBEAR
Old 08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MINEr

Thanks for the concern about the pup, I would just freak if something happenned to him, he's so young, and my Dad just loves him.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MINEr

Just found the very dangerous vitamins, breathed a huge sigh of relief, the pup will be OK. The last two hours have been so triggering, the only way I could work through it was to aggressivly hunt for the damn things, and found them in a tangle of cables. PHEW!!!

(sorry for the double post Dee)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad the pup's ok. I once had a pup that ate a pound of dried fruit while shut up in my jeep as I was hiking. The dog was ok but my jeep wasn't-what a diaretic the fruit proved to be.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in from the road... I was parched in Portland (beer EVERYWHERE,) but, still sober in Seattle. Day #80. Hope all the Miners are doing well!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Long day = short post.
All is well & pleased to hear the pup is fine.
I have a five month old pup myself, however the only thing he's chewed are the corner's off a teak chair I was planning on restoring. Guess that's one less item on the to-do list.

Hope everyone has a good night.