Notices

Class Of May 2011 Part 3

Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

You're really doing great Camedown.

Nice to keep seeing you Newstart, Sugarbear, and Cclearly.

I know your around and doing well Concor.

Looking forward to you catching up 3Steeds.

So I went out last night to a friends house. Had a nice evening. They could notice the difference in me. What I noticed is that I still have some problems concentrating 100% of the time during conversation. My brain can't absorb every word the other person is saying. I get most of it though, and have them repeat if necessary. Maybe I have an attention span problem. I don't care, I'm sober.

Found out about an hour ago, my alcoholic roommate is moving out. This is very good, and I get my house all to myself, along with the mortgage payment. I'll figure the money situation out, maybe quit smoking.

Take care MINER's
Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Present and accounted for. :-)
Knocked out 48 hours in 5 days, not including 2 hours a day drive time & met another client at 8:00 am on Saturday morning.
Other than work not much to report, I do however have a hurricane pic my friend on the NC coast sent that I would like to share.

The calm before the storm...
Old 08-28-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good Sunday afternoon, miners. As always, thanks for the shout-out, lovingit.

Had to go to a couple of parties last night (one for work and one cause my wife really wanted to go) where there was copious amounts of booze being consumed. The funny thing is that in situations like that, I don't crave it and it's not a trigger. I guess that's progress. I hope everybody has a great week!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Learned how to do this today, the above is a piece of my apartment including my alter and my kleenix if I get sad.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Nice to see you also, MyCoolFitz.

Looking quite Feng Shui.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

That's an incredible photo, concor!

Like your place, coolfitz...looks calm

cclearly - good on you for enjoying the party sober. I haven't been to an event where people are really hooking into it yet, that could be a challenge, but I have faith that by summer I'll feel even stronger

Camedown all the best with that next step of inventory - I haven't tackled it yet but the thought of it....yikes! It takes courage!

Lovingit sounds very positive that you're losing an alcoholic room mate - how have you coped all this time with that?

Sugarbear glad you're safe!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good Stuff Concor!

Newstart, coping with the roommate's drinking has been the easiest part of sobriety. You can't escape alcohol, it is pretty much involved with everything. That's also why this has been such a great endeavor. We don't really see each other that much. He is someone who I know for years, but has only lived with me for 6 months. Usually, when I come home from work, he is in the backyard reading the paper and drinking cheap beer. Then, at about 7pm he goes to his room and drinks the cheap hard stuff.
His drinking hasn't bothered me at all, except when he breaks a glass or a dish in his drunken stooper. He attempts to clean it, but there's always pieces left on the floor to get cut on. I have let that go, but when I haven't even received a rent payment for 5 weeks, it's time to go.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
MINEr

As always, thanks for the support guys, you all rock.

Concor, that is one scary ass picture.

Good group this morning. I am starting to delve more into my childhood abuse, which I feel is the core of my addiciton issues. It's good warmup for the 4th and 5th step work I am heading into. I have good knowledge of my past, but don't know what to do with it. That's where I feel the 3rd step plays in. It's like your building a bike on X-mas eve, and all the parts are laid out on the floor before you, and you are totally lost. There is that point where you just say "f*^k it!!!" and let someone else help you out. The 3rd step was my "f^#k it", that moment where I realized that even though I had all the parts, I didn't know how to fix it, and would need help greater than what I was capable of. Now I get to give someone else all those parts and let them put it back together. At least it's my Friday, have a good one MINErs.

Day 93- camedown
Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Morning Miner's,

Back to work today. Tuesday is my Monday. I have a friggin headache as if I partied last night. I'll take it as a reminder, or just remnants of the beast. It's probably from my cigarette habit or caffeine. Maybe the stress of having to pay my mortgage by myself now.
I'm not a religious man, but lately I'm believing things happen for a reason.
I've been keeping up with the June class on my days off. There has been a few slips. Sometimes, just reading about a slip, can trigger me to slip. I cannot do this again. Counting to 100 days is the hardest thing I've ever done.
When I came on to SR at the beginning, I just wanted to read about the very early stages. Now I find it hard to read the Newcomers, and the slips. I hope it's normal to just want to know success stories.
OK, everything I just typed didn't really come out the way it would have if we were in a conversation.
I'm very proud to be part of the MINER success story. I will not start at the beginning.
Off to work.
Be good to yourselves.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
MINEr

Hey all.

Have fun at work lovingit, it's my Saturday, kicking it in a library just waiting for a friend to go to lunch with. I haven't talked about this friend here yet, so I will take today to appreciate her. She was my bartender for five years, and has always been close to me. She is also one of the few women I have met that I am not sexually attracted to, though she is a beauty. I don't know why, but I am glad for it, not having that desire for her really makes for a true friendship on both halves. She is able to help me sort out my issues with recovery, and is one of my biggest fans in sobriety, which makes sense since she was the primary sober person watching me get trashed for all those years. She notices the changes in me daily, and points them out, which really boost my desire to continue my hard work, especially in the frustrating times. I still visit my local bar, just to spend time with her,(I had all the bartenders and the owners 86 me from being served there, to keep it a safer enviornment for me, the place has been my sole social circle for fifteen years, and I'm not ready, nor am I ever sure I will be, to give it up, they are a stellar group). Anyways, just felt like publicy stating my appreciation, have a great day, and stare into the sun today, at least once.

Day 94- camedown
Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey lovingit, everyday's my weekend, being retired, but there can be such a thing as too much time on my hands. After the last 100 + daze it just seems harder to post replies on threads, like how many times do I write something? I miss the people who are around a little bit, either real scared or real excited, then gone. I just hope they are finding other safe paths. Camedown, neither bars nor sexy womewn are in my life right now, though I wouldn't mind the latter.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
MINEr

I got plenty of sexy women, just none that are interested in me.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's normal for a lot of people lovingit

I do hope at least some of you guys come back to the newcomers later when you feel more secure tho - it's really good for both sides to have that mix of old and new

D
Old 08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
MINEr

I'll try Momma Hen.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Miners,
I have not been around for a few days. I am back in the old home town and back at work. It is a shock from my recovery cocoon that I have been in the last 4 months, and scary how much the people I see every day and my work environment are tangled in with 20 years of drinking habits. I really am going to have to be vigilant working my program and if I let myself get passive on recovery I will be back drinking quickly, as this is my old drinkin grounds, feels like I should. I want continued sobriety, so glad I turned it over in my 3rd step. Makes it less frightening. I am so glad you guys are here. (())s the lush
Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Normally, I'd punch both Camedown and MyCoolFitz in the arm for it being Saturday for them, and Monday for me. Truth of the matter, work isn't so bad when you have sobriety under your belt.

Camedown: I'm very glad you have this woman in your life. Real life support is important. Amazing how women can be better friends than our boys, when there's no sexual tension. My best woman friend, is my ex-wife.

Dee: I'm not going anywhere. I will add my positive thoughts to the threads that I have experience with. I stay away from the negatives, and debates. And I will never forget when I was really suffering, reading through all the posts, it was that positive poster that got me through that day. I want to be the guy that gets someone else through a day. At this stage, I only have good things to say.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello Lushly!

I'm such a slow typer. It took me twenty minutes for my previous post, so I didn't see yours. I'm glad to see you.

I can't believe where the time has went either. I'm also in the same place, with the same people, but different me. I don't see it as a challenge, but a trip.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey Dee, what do you think of a typing tudor in the cafe and game area. Some program to teach people to type. I used to be able to in the 80's, but I drank those brain cells away. There used to be interactive games for my Commodore 64C that improved your typing skills, or taught you. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Well Lushly the scarey thing and the glorious thing is sobriety is meant to work out here in the big old world. We can take it with us everywhere we go and with everything we do. With care and diligence it will be our life long companion. Loving it, before you punch me you should know I have a glass chin, or elbow if you punch me there. It'd be the only punch I've had in a 101 daze.