Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
~sb

cravings or thoughts get The Wizard Of Oz Mantra:

"Be gone, you have no power over me!"

It helps with people, too!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Ok. I am back to 3 weeks. I know a storm of denial, cravings, etc is about to arrive. Any advice on how to handle this?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
~sb

I attend AA. Took 25 years of fighting it.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you have any kind of plan CatFry?

D
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I don't know what sort of advice I can offer Catfry.... I just know I got truly sick and tired (of being sick and tired -AA) and of ending up in the same place every time through drinking. No amount of denial was effective anymore - I deeply and honestly wanted the nightmare to end. I guess it depends how you feel about your past experiences with drinking and what you might gain from giving it up?
Keep it up ....
Old 12-17-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope everyone is well.
Yet another busy week and pleased to have some down time this weekend for myself.
Surpassed the seven month mark on Wed. and while I can never forget the day I made the decision to quit, I am starting to lose interest in keeping track of the time.
How long I've remained sober seems somewhat irrelevant.
Anyways, that's what I'm kicking around for time being.

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi All : )

Dee: I have a plan, but I always have a plan . . .

I had a great talk with a gal I met from AA last night. She suggested that my mild paranoia that "the other foot would fall" (intense cravings, massive mood swings, etc) might be a form of self-sabotage. That may be accurate . . .

Take Care All : )
Old 12-17-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

I went into recovery expecting all those things because they'd happened before, so I made plans on how I'd deal with them and when they came up, I dealt with them...and found them much easier to handle than I'd feared

D
Old 12-17-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I can really relate catfry and Dee. Of my most insidious self talk the one that says,"You know you are going to relapse sometime, so..." that is one that I try to shut off in a hurry.
Hi guys, Hope all is well. I am still sober due to a power greater than myself. I have had a better week. Fridays are still a little heart pounding for me, but I get through them. So many years of conditioning cannot be broken in a matter of months. Life is good and I am grateful for all my recovered days and support.

yipee sugarbear. you have worked your program, and I am proud of you.

Catfry use every recovery tool you can get your hands on and don't listen to that self defeating voice. I know you can get through it.
concor some folks don't find keeping track important. I was told to keep count of that first 100 days. then months, then years. I would not have believed last year at this time that i would have months sober. If gives me hope for years. So that's my weird time thing. Hope you have a restful weekend, busy guy.
Newstart thanks for the encouragement, I really have had a discontent, antsy issue for a while now. I think it's a bit better in this moment and I am thankful.
(())s Lushly
Old 12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
MINEr

Just popping in for a quick hello. I'm still doing well with sobriety, just busy as hell with the season. I'm gonna be pulling 12 hour days till after new years, and with meetings and counseling, I barely have time to shower and shave. Hope you all are doing well, and I'll check in on you guys Christmas Day if not sooner.

camedown
Old 12-18-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Sugarbear, Congrats to you on seven months!

Catfry, Congrats on three weeks, wish I had something more to add to help with your situation. However, I applaud your tenacity & am pleased you haven't given up the fight.

lushly, Sorry to hear you're having a rough go of it. Hang in there, tomorrow is another day & at this point I think we all know a sober day is a better day.

camedown, I feel your pain as I've pretty much been in the same boat the past few weeks schedule wise, but as the saying goes, gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Dee, As always hope you're well & thank you for your words of wisdom.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm doing well concor - and thanks

probably a good time for a new thread tho

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D