# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 10

old part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-23.html

D
Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dee)))) - oops!! I hadn't even paid attention to the number of posts we had Slackin' on my job again, but damned if it isn't GREAT to see part 10 come up!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

it is (((Amy)))

D
Old 12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OK..I'm trying!

Mom will be here tuesday to bake cookies for christmas. I have to go to the indian reservation to get cheap cigereetes tomarrow

I'm really struggling with this isolation thing...going on the road and dealing with a clerk at the gas station to buy cigerettes is tough....i never thought i would be in this postion lol

but...i went to the market and got potatos today. I talked on the phone with imperfect...I'm interacting on the internet for school and here.

I simply refuse to let this go any further than it has.

Chris (my son) said he came in to check on me (I had fallen asleep AGAIN arggh) and I was snoring....gunner was by my head and refused to groan for him lol...chris thinks he didn't wanna wake me up!

Hope Jason's roommate is taking good care of goliath! poor puppy. unlike us people, dogs don't really understand what is going on..they just care

Anyhow...i've got a couple more assignments to go in my class. I got into it with a classmate about "god" eeeek....he responded with "your a good american" LOL what the F does that mean lol...it's ok...

Knowing Jason believes he is finally being helped means alot to me....I was very worried about if treatment would be ok for him or not....

Anyhow..i'm trying to talk...and give me a few weeks...perhaps i'll start thinking about someone other that me
Old 12-12-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you're struggling a bit Nands but connecting here is definitely a good idea - we're all nutters

whats with the indian reservation tho?

D
Old 12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi all henhousers... I'm chuffed to be here at all.. Good we aren't isolating totallY.. I'm here just to say hi to tod and ananda .. Glad you've made it back to us .. Today's been ok if i lil slow..mainly as i'd run out of smokes and food...Mmmm tomorrow i'm going for cooked breakfast... Ok short one 2nite as totalled... Love to you all as always.. Xxx karma
Old 12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Karma.. good you checked in, hope all is well your way.

We're snowed in. Was out in it at 7pm ... don't ask.. it's a man thing I think to get out in this stuff against any logic... but greatful to be back in the house again.
Everything is closed for tomorrow. Cats are all tucked into around the heater in the garage. I'm doing my normal thing apparently....fighting off panic attacks/hot flashes. I don't feel nervous so this is what is so puzzling, it's just coming out of the blue. I. will. be. so. happy. when life gets normal. lol okay then little henny's

TOD, yeah I've sucking on menthol cough drops and a vaporizer
Old 12-12-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Nandz))) - YAY, you DID get here!! I wonder about Goliath, too, but by my calculations, our ((Jaybird)) should, hopefully, be getting released in another week? I don't know, but that will have been 28 days. I just want what is best for him, but I do miss him

(((Karma))) - good to see you, and make sure you eat a good breakfast in the morning (I'm better at giving good self-care advice than taking it!)

(((Dee))) - I think things on the Indian reservations are cheaper, like cigarettes, which are absurdly expensive, and I'm in the cheaper part of the country!

(((Med))) - it's definitely a man thing when they have to go out in wacky weather. Dad wanted to WATCH a hurricane, when he and mom were first married, was always the one driving around the day after tornado's to see what damage had been done, etc. My uncle Joe, when they got flooded in MN, were told to STAY OFF THE ROADS was immediately in his car, checking things out....sigh.

I'm glad you're all snuggled in, but sorry for the rest of the stuff. I finally finished writing down the words for the one test, reviewed for the other one, but have a headache, now, and am going to try to get to sleep early, wake up and go over it again. As much as I like school, by the end of each quarter I'm like "okay, tired of this now...onto something else". Been that way my whole life, so am glad tomorrow is the last day of this quarter, and there's no final exams!

Oh, BTW, for those of you who know ((Nacona)), who's been here a few times, her nephew is really sick, in ICU and was heading to emergency surgery when she pm'd me earlier..all as a result of alcohol. There's a thread about it, but just wanted to ask for some extra special thoughts to be headed her way.

Love to all the (((Henhousers)))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, it's been so crazy here I meant to tell Ananda I am so happy she's here.

The landline died, so hubbs was trying to call the phone co on the cell phone and get that fixed, my mother called on my cellphone, I had sausage biscuits ready to come out of the oven and if one more minute they'd be burned, meanwhile the cat got in the house and was sniffing around the gerbils, and daughter was trying to hook up a computer and taking the house apart looking for parts. It's been kinda crazy here.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

wait til you guys get to $13 for a pack of 20s

I definitely quit ahead of the curve!
D
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sheez, ((Med)) - you certainly don't live a boring life!

(((Dee))) - ours are still under $5/pack and I've been at 1/2 pack/day but still trying to quit.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

13.00 per pack??????? Wtf..I buy by the carton and it is 46.60..that is 4.66 per pack and I thought I was getting screwed!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

S'ok...I'm a non smoker now
Good to see you here MsCB

D
Old 12-12-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((Suki))) - OMG, I just keep watching that video....soooooo cute!!! I bet mama kitty is saying "when I get you both UP here, you are NOT going back down that slide, do you HEAR ME?!?!?" They've got to be related to my cats...they just have to.

(((MsCB))) - Ours are cheaper by the carton, but I can no longer afford a carton, so I'm trying to quit. Good to see you here!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Amy and Dee! I got stuck in between two rooms..never knew this one was here!! Will for sure check it out more often.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks to 22 years in the Army!!!! I'm allowed to go on base to buy cig's. I pay $30.51 a carton. Then with coupons I get, they are even cheaper!! Don't have to pay any tax on base either! Off base! We pay almost $50.00 a carton.

The temp here is 29. Cold as the freezer is inside. We use the big white and red bulbs called, Chill Chasers for all the outside critters. The wattage on these bulbs is 250. The wind was blowing so hard last night and today, it was blowing sheets of tin we had lying on the ground all over everywhere. A few of our tarp covered pens are no longer covered. The tarps are all ripped up to boot.

I got all my Christmas shopping done. Now if I could just hire someone to wrap it all for me! My husband told me I was on my own, don't ask for his help. Thanks a lot, I love you to is what I told him. My older sister is having Christmas dinner at her house this year. We are playing a game for the first time too. We are suppose to find something in our barn, (something nice)? Wrap up real pretty and bring it. Then we are going to number the boxes. Draw cards and pick a present. It ought to be fun. There's more to the game, but I don't want to take up a page talking about it. LOL

My husband was sitting behind me when I came across the cat and slide video. We were laughing together at it. He has three cats in his office. Wish I knew more about this site, so I could post video's of my chickens doing goofy things.

Gotta run.

Love yawl,
TOD
Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey TOD - I'm sweltering here so a freezer sounds pretty good LOL

great video Suki

D
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dee I would dearly love to be outside in the warmth. My favorite time of year is summer. This is the first year I have ever been not cold, I was actually considering making snow angels last night and it's all those darn hot flashes.

All the schools are closed due to ice and snow, daughter has some finals today at her college and they are canceled. Hubby is making some chilli and I'm a going to make some cornbread.
Went out and fed the birds that can't find food in the snow, scattered some seeds and peanuts and old crackers.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

YouTube - Mr Rogers Breakdancing