Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 10

Old 12-17-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

(((HensHousers!!))

(((TOD))) Those recipes look yummy! I'll have to try them out! (((med))) I'll be home to check out my recipe books on Monday night, if you can wait that long. I have a good recipe for lemon pork chops in the microwave.

(((Dee))) I'm glad to see you, my man. I like BK burgers too. But my all-time favorite is In and Out Burgers. The very best.

(((nands))) Fear. I think I've always been a fearful person too. You'd never know it to see me, though. I come off as very confident and in control. Mostly, I'm just bluffing my way through. I had night terrors as a child, nightmares as a teen and still don't like being in the dark. I always have a light on. And I feel like I force myself to do things. I have a terrible phobia of bridges. I practically hyperventilate any time I have to drive over one. As a result, I sorta know my way all over town without having to go over a bridge or tricky on/off ramp.

I guess feeling the fear and waking through it is really very brave. I think I've been "faking" it for so long now, it's not as scary for me. I think my self-hypnosis tapes have helped me a lot. LOL As hokey as they are.

(((Amy))) Yeah! A road trip sounds exactly right for you just now!

I'm half-dead and must go to sleep soon. I hope I have time to check in tomorrow!

Much love to all my ((((girlies)))) and ((((the roosters)))) too!

Lenina
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL my games seemed to always be about famine war and pestilence too J.
Chaos beckoned at an early age ...

(((Lee))) sleep well sweetie. I have no idea what an In and Out Burger is tho LOL.

D
Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Dee my therapist would say that we lived in a another lifetime and suffered cold, wars, and hunger and we're reliving that through our child hood play. I am not sure what I believe about that yet. My SIL is convinced she was a soldier at the Alamo and she argued with the guard when she visited about 20 years ago about where the original door to the Alamo was and she was right she knew everybit of the layout of that fort and had never been there. Maybe there's something to it.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - wow, that's pretty cool about your SIL. I don't remember what my dolls were going through. I know I dressed up the poor poodle a few times! I DO remember our Army friend's kids had me totally convinced I was going to die from a volcano erupting...in GA....yeah.

(((Dee))) - I've never had In-and-out burgers, but have had several people from CA tell me that the restaurant I worked at, well our burgers were "almost as good" and our burgers were made from steak. Dad bought home some BK burger, one night, that had bacon and cheese and it was yum!!!!

I didn't even get my employee meal, for free, tonight. Decided I'd go across the street to Checkers, which has the BEST seasoned french fries. Poor Elvis can't read...he thinks a bag is a McD's bag and it has his angus wrap in it. He wasn't too happy with the french fries He DID try to get IN the damned bag, first, though.

Mots is being the bad child, tonight...has tried to use my drapes as his personal scratching post, knocked almost everything off my desk, and now is laying here...all 25 pounds of him, taking up most of the desk, his tail twitching against my leg (which means he's still alert and ready to swat). He may LOOK innocent, but I know that tail and what it's movements mean. One wrong move and I'll have my arm caught in all 4 paws, claws out!

(((Lenina))) - though I know you, well, and I know you DO walk through your fears, I still remember enough stories to know that you're one spunky little lady

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-17-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

it's funny how cats get so conditioned. My cats see a cat food can and it's on. I think the birds outside are about the same, they'll be all in the trees chirping up a storm when I go fill up the feeders... and when I leave it gets quiet.

I've heard of In and Out Burgers but I don't recall having one. Fuddruckers has great burgers.
Lenina, get some rest and only look for recipes if you have time. I guess fear is a big motivator for many of us, it changes how we do things.

TOD thank you for the recipes they look great.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

All is welcome for the recipes.

Dee: No pun taken. Just giving yawl a view of who I am. I think it's funny that so many wish they were more like me. Because I feel the same about yawl! ()'s

Don't take life so seriously! Don't find yourself in bedrest one day and lay there wishing you did more and saw more. Everyone is special in their own unique way. Find your joy and grab on to it with both hands.

Love this thread and everyone here on SR. Uhhhhh, maybe not one here on SR, but I won't name names. LOL

TOD
Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Found out that it's "only' a 15-16 hour drive to NY, we can't make the delivery until Monday morning, so won't leave until about 1, tomorrow, and I can go to church after all!!

Stepmom says Brit's $500 phone is "messed up". I told her I'll take care of my own phone, when I can. Let's see what she does with her FOURTH phone in a year. She's upset that her internet connection on the laptop dad bought her is slow, at bf's parents house, but that has nothing to do with the laptop. Gee, to be 17 and major concerns are killing phones, and not being able to get on MySpace and FB fast enough...wow. I STILL have my old phone as a backup, in case mine messes up, and I'm not giving it to anyone. Dad has already broken the case for his new phone. THAT didn't take long!

Also, dad and stepmom are in their "miserable" frame of minds. She says she's "deeply depressed" but won't do anything about it. Dad's reaction is just as unhealthy, but don't want to go into it here. I'm picturing a shield around myself, where they can't touch me. Will have to make sure I hold my boundaries of what dad and I talk about (HIS unhealthy obsession) on the trip, and take my earplugs and mp3 with me!

I'm about to get ready for work. Hoping M is working, again, tonight, as D won't be yelling all night. If not, maybe I'll get sent home early, again. Whatever...I'm just going to do the best job I can, speak up if I need to, but not yell. As XABF#3 used to say "just give her enough rope to hang herself" She's doing a pretty good job of that.

It's raining here, and I get to go get a few gifts for Xmas when I get back, now that dad is giving me $$. It's not going to be much...stepmom said "please get Brit a little something...she got you something", so I will and also want to get my new niece something for her first Christmas, though I have yet to meet her. That's about it. Bills are a priority.

Okay, time to get ready for work.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy:

Any dollar store has some pretty nice gifts. I spent $50.00 in there one Christmas. So that's 50 gifts. My daughter's XH didn't like getting money for gifts. So they got 50 wrapped gifts. And I had to ship the box to England where they were stationed in the Air Force. You have to fill out paperwork, (declare) for packages going over seas. I looked at the lady behind the counter at the PO and laughed. She gave me a strange look and I said just a minute. I pulled out the mile long reciept and showed it to her. She immediately understood. So she said, "just write Christmas gifts". Done!

Brit being 17, may not appreciate a dollar store gift though. Maybe a walmart gift card of about $20.00 will make her happy. Stuff it inside a dollar store "something"! LOL That way she's still unwrapping a gift.

My huge 14 yo nephew is getting a long sleeve shirt with a $10.00 GC. So is his friend that is now sort of part of the family.

Since I got awarded my 100% disability. I bring in more than my other two sisters. So I went a little overboard on gifts this year. I know they can use the extra gifts and money cards. I'm not stingy with my money, but I'm not stupid either. We always give more for tips to the ones waiting on us when we go out to eat too. I've been a waitress and I know how much they make.

Gotta run.

TOD
Old 12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I try to shop in ways that minimizes spending and we have a Dollar Tree here that I get a couple of toiletries and gift bags. They have the best gummi worms and I'm a gummi lover.

We've been waiting since 430 to pick up the bf at the airport but his flight keeps getting delayed, he's been stuck in Charlotte NC, so hopefully in the next 30 minutes will be driving to airport. This waiting around is something, not sure what the word is....but daughter is coming unglued lol worried it was weather related...which I don't think it is, though they did have to de-ice the runway.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

hey guys

Well, I slept most of the day and now it's almost midnight and i'm wide awake LOL

This year I'm doing cookies for gifts and they are all done. Mom and I did them this past week (of course she paid for the ingredience). I was hoping to do cards with my poetry in them to go with the cookies, but I'm struggling to find the card program I used before...the ones I'm finding now look too hard to use.

I talked to my brother last night and he sounds like he is doing quite a bit better after the electroshock therapy. This will be gunner's first road trip with us to gramma's. His foster mom said he gets car sick so it may be interesting!

Grades should be posted tomarrow sometime for my first for credit college class. If I got zero of the last 74 points i'd still get a C, so I'm "safe"...hoping to maintain the A I had to date though. I sorta didn't try hard on the last 2 assignments so I may drop a bit.

Sorry to keep harping, but dmit I hope Jason gets home before Thursday. Christmas without contact would be pretty hard...but I'll deal

Chris has all As so far, one grade left to see. All those people who told me I was wrong to let him live at home doing nothing...they were wrong...he was just a late bloomer and has now come into his own

I'm gonna exceed my smilly limit...better go
Old 12-18-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

OMG...they changed the smiley limit teee heee hee :P
Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL we get five now Nands
hope both you and Chris ace it

D
Old 12-18-2010, 11:12 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oh wow...we get more smilies!!!!!

OMG, I just reached for my McD's bag, and Elvis FLEW off my lap, like he'd been prodded with a cattle iron, and is anxiously awaiting his angus burger. Spoiled cat.

So, work was interesting. Had a kid's b'day party in there, and I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to blow up all the balloons!! We must have a helium tank, in the back, because I don't think Linda has that much hot air

The mother of the kid was telling D what she was told, and D said "they lied". Come to find out the mom had talked to store mgr. Gee, lets call the store mgr a liar! I said nothing...they didn't like her, but I was told to stay out of it, so every time someone from the party would come out, I'd whisper "I'm sorry" and call D over.

One of the twins said something about "that crackhead" and it turns out she was talking about my buddy..the ONLY one who knows my history, not that that part matters. It just hurt to hear that, and I have no idea if it's true or not. He had called and asked her to borrow $5, but then his hours have been cut. Will just keep my guard up, a bit, but I don't take what she says as fact.

SO, D actually complimented me, even though she can't even do that right. She said "I want you to know you did a really good job tonight and I appreciate it....you didn't have that MOUTH of yours" then mimicked something she says I said. I just said "thanks, I like it when we can all work as a team" and let it go.

Turned down staying late, as I have a long few days ahead of me. In fact, need to get up in 6 hours to go to church.

I'm gonna miss my furbabies, but stepmom will take good care of them. It's one thing I CAN count on her to do. Still have to figure out what to get Brit...stepmom has raised her that she doesn't DO walmart or Kohls...has to be the latest name-brand fashion, but I may be able to find a Bath & Body works gift card, as she likes their stuff.

I'm taking my meds along with me..don't trust stepmom not to find a way into my lockbox. I hid the extra key, so well, can't FIND the damned thing.

If I can't figure out how to get on SR, will keep in touch with those of you I have e-mails for, which is most of you

Going to TRY to get some sleep, but my body is still saying "not yet"...sigh.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2010, 12:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

What do you mean we have a limit on smiley faces? That doesn't seem fair. I guess Harry Potter's sorting hat is working the SR business pretty hard. LOL But since I rarely use the faces, anyway? I'm not too worried about it. But wait lets check this out!

Got my grandkids and son-in-law's gifts wrapped, boxed and mailed off to Maryland.

Been wrapping gifts for four nights now.

Got my daughters' card sent off with the phone cards in it.

I'm feeling pretty good today, health wise, than the past week.

Loving the conversations here on Henhouse.

Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh what a beautiful day.

Now lets see how many smiley faces show up with my post.

There are suppose to be seven.

TOD

WELL CRAP! GOT A WARNING MESSAGE THROWN ON ME. But I do love a challenge. LOL
LOL LOL LOL, etc. Bring it on I think is what I said once before.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've always had a smiley limit, TOD.
Too many smileys slow things up, apparently.
D
Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

But Dee...

we HATE rules

right now 5 smilesy feel like heaven..but give me a week and i'm sure i'll whine for more (grin)

Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I agree...FIVE smilies is way better I've often gotten "the warning" and fussed and cussed, but got under the limit.

Getting ready to go to church, then will be heading to NY.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Okay, we're about to head out. Patches just ticked off stepmom when she got caught up in the table liner of the sofa table and pulled everything down. I said "hmm" and kept walking. Stepmom raised hell, dad said "I keep telling you to get a water bottle, but you'd have to get off the damned couch to spray her". She says she'll get one today and "drown her a$$".

Patches will be fine, but stepmom won't be consistent so she'll remain on the table. Dad's laptop "died" but when I was telling him what our computer guy said to get MINE back on, he plugged it into another outlet and it came on.

I had a really good time at church. The pastor has a "Children's sermon" and the kids had us all laughing so hard...they all sit on the floor and "chat" and it's truly an "out of the mouth of babes" situation

I think I'm going to take a nap when we get going. Bummed that I can't watch football, but I'll survive. Got to give my cats extra snuggles.

Love ya'll!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

My cats are addicted to Feline Greenies, what's a parent to do?

I originally received a tiny bag of Feline Greenies as a sample with an order. I thought, oh, just another treat, we'll see. Boy, was I surprised!

I have two kitties, Q and Mama one of which will eat nearly anything that doesn't eat him first (his list of things includes spaghetti, italian sandwiches and bread), and the other, well, it has to be her idea. They absolutely ADORE these treats! It has become a ritual - every evening when I head to bed, I must bring with me 12 Ocean Fish Flavor Greenies, 6 for each of them. They prefer them one at a time, and sit patiently for the next one. I swear these cats have learned to count - if I short them one, I don't get any rest!

In addition to my fur-babies loving these little green pieces of heaven, a year ago, when taking my cats to the vet for their annual vaccinations and check-ups, the doc said they both could use a dental cleaning sometime in the next year. Now, I am a certified veterinary technician, and I understand the importance of clean dental health for pets. Upon returning to the vet this year for their check-ups, the doc looked in their mouths. I was expecting a berating for not getting them in to have their teeth cleaned. Instead, I got praise!

PetSmart, you guys have found a fabulous product! But now I find myself going to different PetSmart stores Feline Greenies shopping. I hope I dont get flag and busted.

To all the hens/rooster, Merry Christmas

TB
Old 12-19-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

If jason gets out after I leave for moms let him know i love him...no internet at moms but i do have my phone

i don't know why but i'm getting upset about missing him more the closer it is to when i should hear from him.