Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 10

Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I always have to laugh when cities shut down because a few measly inches of snow. Where I live, we can get a foot and still have to go to school... hahahaha. Right now we have about 10 inches on the ground but I don't think we're supposed to get anymore anytime soon that I'm aware of.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Monkey

You can have ALLLLL of ours Jason, I'll send it right over.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I guess we won't get the snow till tonight...then 4-6 inches..not to bad, but we live on a country road on a hill in town LOL...I love it but this is where you can't get out easily even with 4-6 inches...one road is paved but is called "terror hill" locally cause a little bit of ice or snow and the incline will wreck you car. The other road is gravel and managable...but you do have to be careful and it exits on a busy hiway...so getting out is a btch!

I made a store run, but missed chris needing soda so he will make a run in the bit before it all hits. With only 6'' top...it's only tomarrow that we won't be able to get out safely...so we'll be fine.

The ice and snow stuff will be out almost as soon as it starts..advantage of being in an area that is use to this stuff.

Mkay...I don't WANT chilli tonight...might do TV dinners LOL Even if we were to loose electric, we can do chilli on the bbq...a bit wierd, but doable LOL so I'll save that for tomarow

anyhow..I have the runs (TMI I know LOL) so gotta go

Everyone stay safe where ever you are
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - my family in MN and MI also laugh, hysterically, about how we shut down the city for a little snow. One of my cousins from up there, is in the Army, and he met his gf while they were skydiving in FL, and she lives down the road from me. They tease us both about being "winter wusses".

(((Kelsey))) - we, like ((Nandz)) haven't gotten hit yet, but damn it's cold out there! It's supposed to here between 7-10pm, revised update is 4-6 inches of snow, followed by up to a half inch of sleet/ice.

Almost all flights in/out of Atlanta have been cancelled, schools cancelled, and they are telling people "this is no joke, the roads will be treacherous, stay HOME!!!". They don't need to convince me. I'm hoping McD's gives enough of a damn about the employees, that they shut down when it hits, and don't reopen until people can get there, and home, safely. I doubt it, though, as money-hungry as the evil warlord is. Since we only have DT open after 11, maybe someone will slide into the speaker thing and tear it up, so the overnight employees can go home. I just worry about them

(((nandz))) -we have a gas grill that hasn't been used in forever, so we CAN cook if we lose power, but we'd be cold. My electric blankie doesn't work on batteries Dad has a little propane heater in his van, so I guess we could use that in one room. He's out at the store (better him than ME) and I called to make sure he had it full of propane, and he laughed and said "yeah". He thinks I'm overreacting, but I remember some pretty bad ice storms when I was younger, and they had a coffeeput that was JUST for making coffee on the grill.

He took Brit to work and is going to pick her up and bring her back here, until her bf or whoever comes to pick her up. She's working at her one job, and has started working at her cousin's tattoo parlor (she's underage, but no one seems to care). The whole atmosphere is how GREAT she's doing, is down to a size 3 (from a 7-9), and I worry because I know she was doing diet pills, before, and the kid doesn't like anything but fast food, so just makes me wonder. Maybe she's stopped drinking so much?

I'm not even excited to see her. I think I have some jealousy/resentments about her, though I love her dearly. She doesn't give a damn about finishing school, I've heard from her once in months, stopped txting and calling her when she ignored me. It's like having the prodigal child come grace us with her presence. Yeah....I've got some work to do on this.

(((Kesley))) - I guess I'll be having your weather in a few hours, so I feel ya. They have extra power crews on standby, but we're out in the country with lots of trees that love to snap power lines Praying we don't lose power...I can deal with the rest.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Monkey

Guess they got the memo, snow has stopped and now can go for a run. Stay safe with all the weather y'all.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

((Kelsey)) - WOW! I'm impressed....the weather actually behaves for you?!?!

I found a smilie for what I'll probably be like by the morning - or

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Monkey

No, it just likes to tease, another storm is headed this way. Laid out my gear, it'll be fun to run again, but this time in the snow.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

We just got our first "severe weather warning" on my screen, as I'm watching the football game, and dad says it's "wet" out there, but since it's dark and just started, he's not sure if it's just rain, snow, or what. He FINALLY said "I guess the weathermen WERE right"....sheez.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

((((Mydarlinghens&roosters!!)))

Sorry I haven't been posting much, it's hard to do so with my Sissy here. I have been reading in and keeping you all in my best thoughts!

(((Kelsey))Thanks for posting the pic of Rocky! What a beauty! My OG is a little black cat but she's almost 18 years old and looking pretty scruffy. And is plenty cranky! OG reminds me of the cat, Mehitabel from the book by Dan Marquis, "The Lives and Times of Archy and Mehitabel." It's a great read! You might it a look.

(((nands)) I hope you're staying warm and cozy.

(((Jason))) Now, don't be mean to us folks who are climate unchallenged! I never got to practice driving in the rain much less snow! So, yes, I think we do panic a bit!

(((med))) I'm hoping you're feeling a little more balanced with your meds? And maybe you can answer a question for me. Why do folks always rush out and buy up the milk, bread and eggs? Does making french toast help one cope with the snow? Do people like to make sleds with it? I've always wondered about this.

(((Amy))) I'm sorry to hear Brit is being bratty still. I do worry for her. But as we know, there's nothing we can do about it. She sounds very immature. Oh, and thanks for the darling pic of good, ole Mots! I love that pic! I know Elvis is special to your heart but somehow, I got a soft spot for Mots!

(((40T))) Thanks for good thoughts. I'll write you a PM with some questions in a few days when I have some time to think it all out.

Tomorrow morning, Sissy goes back home and I go back to work. I've really enjoyed our visit but I am feeling stirred up by childhood memories that's aren't so good. I'm really going to need my hen's best thoughts and maybe some advice. I just start to get so angry at my parents!

I haven't been sleeping, but the good news is my back is so much better. I guess I should just go through my closet and get rid of all my heels. I guess I keep hoping I'll be able to wear them again some day. And I forget the pain caused by wearing them even for a few hours. LOL I guess I'm still addicted to those high heels! Kinda gives a whole different idea for a "Twelve Step" program, huh?

(((Dee))) I hope you're less busy and that MrsD is better. Do check in when you can!

OK, I'm going to try and get organized for in the morning. I'll try to check back in tomorrow night. I'm worried about leaving for so long again. The FuzzyB might be coughing. I only hear it at night, when he's under the bed in his special safe spot. Thank heavens I do have some money stashed just in case of an emergency vet bill.

Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi to all:

I'm holding it together after the loss of Little Gracie. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground. It's almost 5:30 am. The roads are covered, so it looks like I won't be going to the dentist to get rid of this tooth ache. Bummer!!!

The news man said to stay at home if you DON'T have to get out. Well he doesn't have a screaming tooth ache. I'm going to stay up until the office is suppose to open. I'm going to call in to see if the dentist is there. And cancel if I have to and make another appt. I'm hoping I don't, but the weather is dictating otherwise.

My big crew of chickens managed to make it to the front of the house and then got under the small front porch and didn't leave. Just about dark. My husband had to go find them and use a broom to get them on the move to the back porch where their pens with heat lamps are located. Even Martha, that's usually beating the smokeroom door in here where her cage is at, couldn't be found. These are truly CITY CHICKENS!! They don't do no stinking snow on the ground. Martha came in and was hopping from one foot to the other trying to warm them up in front of the heater in here. LOL

TOD
Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I wanted to share this link on a song.

I use to listen to this song all the time. Especially when I was going to a NA/AA meeting.

YouTube - Amy Grant - Hope set high [Heart in motion]

TOD
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

OK..i'm gona try and post some pics in a minite....it's a pretty light snow so far, but then the trucks were out sanding all night grrrrr...kept me awake.

I guess cause we have equipment...we use it when we can lol...

I forgot to take the trash to the curb yesterday so i'm gonna have to suffer the cold and go tow it out to the front (crap crap carp...snarl at son for not doing his job..erggg)

LOL but i'm happy.

OK..so a serious question here...I know that love does NOT mean never having to say your sorry...learned that long ago LOL...but does it mean you aren't really a friend, or you can't love someone romantically if you get pissed at them once a week???? I mean, gosh...maybe i'm not capable of "real" love...cause i do have a temper...I've learned to often shut up and go away for a while..but that almost seems like it makes things worse...I kinda think love and friendship means you do put up with a bit of bullsh*t cause we all have some of that..and that you bite your tounge when you can but don't have to be afraid that if you express some anger the other person will dump you off a cliff...It all confuses me it always have...It's why being a hermit might be more appropriete for me...I don't think I'll ever be able to never display my anger..i'm not sure i want to be that person...

well..i'm happy anyways classes start today so i'm gonna spend my morning on class. ok..i STILL don't have the tree down..reminds me of my drunk housekeeper..I knew she had to go, but just couldn't get my gut in gear to toss her out lol

Looks like your getting hit hard imperfect...take care...remember we all have different limits and if you aren't use to the type of wether your getting don't do like me and try to do the "I am woman hear me roar" thing....accept your limits..push them just a little...not too much and be semi safe
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

jee...you guys must have a real life ... lol just kidding...I've posted my first assignment...felt we didn't really get enough time the courses are short so you have to get things going quickly.

I HATE posting personal bios for class, but they seem to all start that way.

Anyhow...still gotta get the trash out and take the tree down...I bet the tree will not be down for another week....I know me...

Love ya all
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Nah, I just slept late then went outside to check out my driveway. We have very little snow, mostly ice - about 2 inches. It was melting, just a bit, but is going to re-freeze and still more sleet possible. I stepped into a tire track on my road..slush..and when it re-freezes, it's going to be bad. My car looks like a popsicle..windows are totally iced over.

Called work, M answered and I told him I couldn't get out of my driveway, so would not be there (4 hrs before my shift). He got ticked, said I'd have to call in sick, and I told him he could CALL it whatever he wanted, we're having an ice storm and I can't get there...as he hung up on me. pffffft. Wonder if the evil warlord is working at any of our 3 stores? Can't imagine business would be THAT good that you'd risk the lives of your employees trying to get there.

(((Lenina))) - glad you're enjoying Sissy, but sorry for the memories it's stirred up. Last night, as I was watching the storm coverage, an announcer said "everyone MUST be planning on French toast, as stores have been sold out of milk, bread, eggs". It's like a tradition here...first mention of a storm, and everyone runs out to buy egss, bread, and milk.

(((Nandz))) - I have a temper, but it's not as bad as it used to be and takes me a bit to get riled. However, with the PTSD, I still fly off when someone says something that hits me the wrong way. I really don't know how to answer your question, because I haven't even had the occasion to GET mad at the friends I have now. Family, however, is a different situation and we can get really nasty, but then we walk away...chill out, forgive each other or agree to not discuss whatever it is that caused it (because some things keep coming up, over and over, and I've said "I've said what I have to say, and don't want to discuss this again"). Ticked dad and stepmom off, royally, for a while, but now they respect my boundaries.

Lucky you, you get to start school. I got to log onto one of my classes, but can't tell anything about it, and the other one won't be ready to log onto until this evening. Still don't know if school will be open, tomorrow. If so, I have to be there at 8:30a.m. (I think) and then again around 6pm. BTW, your pictures are GORGEOUS!

(((TOD))) - your "babies" sound like mine. Patches insisted on going out the sliding glass door to the deck, stood in the dry area under the overhang, had this "WTF?!?!" look on her face, and flew back in the door Hope you are able to get some help with your tooth.

(((Med))) is also being hit with the storm. Praying she stays safe and warm, and that (((Dee))) stays safe and dry.

We had people out at 2a.m., sledding in a park in downtown Atlanta on everything from ironing boards, to laundry baskets and part of a desk chair. A few people actually had snowboards. They were having a blast.

I'm going to start a new thread....we're close to 500, but ((Dee)) will have to close this one, as my mod wand doesn't work here

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Here's the link to our new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2825293

Hugs and prayers,

Amy