Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 10

Old 12-27-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

(((((Deedle)))) Is home! We missed you!

Sorry to hear Amy is feeling poorly, I have heard there's nasty flu's floating around, even in the dog kingdom. Advice is the same, rest, keep warm, lots of clear liquids and total control of the remote. Stay hydrated, sip on broth if possible.

It's a beautiful day here so far. I actually slept all night! So I feel pretty darn good. I have onerous housework to be done but may let it wait. This week is already going by fast.

Much love to all!

LeeTina
Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Dee: Glad to have you back with us. How was your Christmas with family?

Amy: I take Cod Liver Oil gel caps twice a day. One in the morning, one at bedtime. Haven't been sick in years. You can start taking them now and it will help to kick this thing that has you down.

Kels: Glad to see you joining in. I truly swear. God had it backwards when he made adults and children. Adults should have the energy level and kids should be like us old f*rts. We'd be able to keep up with them easier. LOL

To all others. We have sunshine here. But it's about 43 degrees. At 3:00 am it was 19 degrees. Burrrrrrrr

Gotta head out and get Birthday Cards today. My husband's BD is tomorrow and my Grand daughters is Wednesday. Hope I can get the card to her on time. She's in Maryland.

TOD
Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

lol to you TOD .... The last time I took cod liver oil was to induce labor and instead of inducing labor I vomited most of the night. Dear me... I shudder even now thinking about that stuff. You are a strong woman.

Hey Lenina house work always is there. Enjoy yourself and your week off.

Apparently this anti-d should be taken at night and I did ask about blood pressure meds for anxiety attacks and I was told to give this stuff a chance first... I was told they even give it for stage fright. I need it for "driving fright".
Fighting indigestion right now....... that's what I get for napping on a meal. I'll be back later guys.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

My Christmas was a bit like Ananda's TOD but the arguments lasted 3 days LOL.
I remained serene tho so I'm chalking it up as a win for me and my recovery

hugs to everyone!
D
Old 12-27-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

(((Nandz))) and (((Dee))) - sorry about the arguments, but great to hear you both got through it, intact, sober, and are back "home" at the henhouse.

(((Kelsey))) - good to see you here! Glad you had fun with your cousin. I'm way older than you, but when I went to my 2nd cousin's wedding in MN, a couple of months ago, we older cousins (along with the kids) stayed up late, talked forever, and had a good time. It was actually pretty funny...the 12, 9 and 5-year old's were sacked out on air mattresses, while we "old ones" were talking and laughing.

(((Med))) - nothing like finding out directions on the med AFTER you've been taking it, right? I know it took at least 2 weeks before my anti-d's kicked in, and my dr. said it really takes a good 3-4 weeks. I'm just glad you're not having the bad side effects.

I'm feeling better. Got some chicken noodle soup down, a bit earlier. Could not sleep, last night, lost my keys (have my meds locked up, to keep stepmom away from them, and the key for the box was on the keyring). Finally found them, this morning, and got a few hours of sleep.

I got a $25 bonus on my check for the stores, for Christmas, and told the guy I do them for, I wouldn't be able to get the rest done by Jan 1, but hopefully, early next week, and he said "no problem!!" He and his wife are really good to me

We still have snow on the ground, but the roads are clear. I go back to work tomorrow, not sure if it's 3 or 4, but will find out my schedule for the rest of the week. NOT looking forward to working New Year's eve, especially with the rude/obnoxious mgr, but if I'm scheduled off at midnight, I should miss most of the "drunk and disorderly" people.

Dad took the undecorated Christmas tree and all the decorations back to the basement, so I can actually walk into the living room again. I honestly don't know how stepmom does it...after laying in bed for a day/night, I'm sore as hell!! No wonder she's always hurting! Dad is on his way back from SC. A guy who does the same type work as he, expediting, took a trip to Canada (dad turned it down for the weather) and got his truck impounded because he had his gun, but left the permit at home, and had a few knives..one was too long to be legal. Glad I don't ever have to worry about that kind of stuff with DAD! Nothing longer than a pocket knife on us

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Monkey

I am wiped beyond wiped and can't seem to sleep. Glad yo see you out and about Amy
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Can't type much tonight. My finger tips are raw. I had some rough edges on them and used a emory board to file them down. I don't know why I'm getting these rough edges on my fingers. I use a ton of lotion on my hands.

I've had a toothache for a few days now. Today being the worst. I'm probably headed for another root canal. Another thing I don't understand either. Every tooth in my mouth has already been root canaled. I tried calling the dentist office today and only got the answering machine. Never got a call back. They are probably closed until after New Year's Day. GREAT! I have to endure this miserable toothach another week.

I can be seen free thru the VA now that I got my 100%. But it would be a month before I can be seen there. I sure don't want to wait THAT long. So I'll have a hefty bill to pay to get this tooth fixed. Probably around $900.00 to be paid at the time of service.

It's funny how many this year had the GRAVY problem. LOL

TOD
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - sorry about the tooth I don't understand, either, how teeth can require another root canal? My teeth are in such bad shape, though, I just need new teeth.

The cats have stayed inside, most of the day, coming right back in when they did go out. I didn't know Elvis had escaped, when dad got home, but came back in here, shivering. Mots has been out for a while, and just came in.

I'm watching the football game, then will probably go to sleep.

(((Med))) - did you see your dr.? Wasn't today your "recovery Monday" stuff or do you get a break over the holidays.

Okay, Elvis is trying to fly around my room, again...gotta go.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I hope everyone gets to feeling better ((sick chickens)).

I had a pretty good Christmas with Kirbs and the faux foster p's (I still think Sue and Ken are the real ones ). Kirby gave me a CD and got a little dog cookie for Goliath which he enjoyed throughly. I had to find something for Kirby and it was sucky cause I had to do it a week before Christmas so what I gave her was just a place holder for now till I find something that I actually wanted to give her: Packer paraphernalia. We grew up in Illinois, don't live in Wisconsin now, yet we're Packer fans, go figure.

But Xmas really wasn't so bad. I don't think the foster p's like me very much...I don't think they (actually I KNOW they don't) like the idea of her drug-addicted brother coming around to hang out with his sister who is still "young and impressionable" (oh yes, I got a talking to). Too bad, so sad. They have to let me visit anyways as it is not in their jurisdiction to decide...unless they somehow got a court order against me, which I know they would never take it that far. I hardly get to see her as it is.

((Nands, Kels, Med, TOD, Lenina, Amy, Karma, Dee))
Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - I'm glad you had a good Christmas with ((Kirby)). How sweet of her to get Goliath a treat

OMG, another Packer's fan...one of my best friends is also one, and they live in Seattle, but her other half is from WI. She got him a Packer hoodie...will check with her and see how much it cost, or if she has a suggestion of where to get one that doesn't cost so much.

It just makes my heart smile to see you back here. Give Goliath a big doggy hug for me!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jason
Hope your tooth settles down TOD....or you find a dentist soon.

Good to see you're back on deck too Amy!
D
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I lived in WI for seven years. The Wisconsinites are a bunch of CRAZY Packer supporters. I use to go camping in Door County which is close to where Lambaugh Field is located. We (me and my XH) drove past the field and took pictures of the statues out front. I'll see if I can find the picture(s) and put them on here.

I'll have to put them under my personal page. I don't know how to get pictures to post here in the threads. But when I do, I'll post here that I've done it.

TOD
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

(((Henhousers!!))))

((((TOD))) Doesn't the VA have an ER? Is there no way to get emergency care off hours? I hope you be seen right away. In the mean time, Ambusol, I think it is, works well. My friend tells me "Hurricaine" is the best over the counter gel you can get and it doesn't taste of cloves. I like cloves myself. Know you're in my best thoughts. And for your fingers, um, where have you been putting them? Seems I recall something about....nevermind. I'm silly. You might try rubbing your fingers with vasoline and then putting on cotton gloves for the night. Works great for softening hands. Feet too but socks work better...LOL

(((JayBird))) I'm glad you got to spend some time with Kirby Kitten! I'm sure she was so happy to see you! Her FP's just don't know you yet. Once they do, they will love you like we do. So, you guys are "Cheese Heads" then? I saw some good Packer landyards at Walgreens. This is what happens when my home town no longer has a foot ball team. Nothing wrong with the Packers, though.

It was actually a nice day here. We had a good time at the Home Depot, at various hardware stores and such. Got home to remember we needed to get cat food so we had to get back to the pet food store. My cats require a certain kind of food, the little ingrates, so we have to go to the feed store. We did get them some new feed because Mama liked the artwork on the bag. LOL I'm such a fish! Throw that line down, I'll bite!

(((Nands))) Good to see you. (((Kelsey))) (((40T))) ((((norty)))) ((((DeeDee)))

I heard there was some kinda football game or something going on. Any news? ((((windy)))

Much love to all! I know I missed a bunch of cluckers!!

Lenina the Mad

So. that's been my day. I need a new book. Any good recommends?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina: Finger in the TMI area - Not lately. LOL Too many playing mommy right now. They don't lay eggs when they are in set mode. I've been using vaseline and it isn't working. But I remembered earlier on I can use Desitine. That will probably work better.

I could go to the VA ER, but they probably couldn't do anything for me on the toothache problem. The pain is way down deep. I've already tried everything there is to use. Even a cotton ball with wiskey on it. (Got that info from the doctor's show). That's what has worked best. Can't stand the taste of it though. I'd have to spit the saliva out. Sorry for any reminders to you drinkers. But the pain is down to my lower jaw. I'll see if the dentist office calls me later on today. It's 1:13 am. I'm probably looking at a root canal. They'll gas me up and will be done with it, before I even know what happened. I use to not use the gas, but with my bad back, it helps me to sit in the chair for a long length of time.

TOD
Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) I hope your dentists calls first thing! Please put in a call again in the morning, just so they keep you top of mind should a cancellation open up. I had to have a back molar pulled a few years. I was having very bad pain in my jaw. X rays couldn't find anything so they pulled the tooth. I had a hair-line crack all through to the root from clenching my teeth! It was so very painful and I am allergic or have bad reactions to most pain pills so I was pretty miserable.

When I was having bad pain in my hip (I had a torn labrum, a tissue that surrounds the joint, I think it is) I was taking 4 Advil and it helped a lot. Still hurt but the advil certainly took the edge off.

I saw a picture today of a pheasant I thought I'd saved to post for you. I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking, it will make you smile.

I had a zebra finch many years ago who laid eggs like a crazy egg-laying thing. She would have made me rich if there was any market for zebra finches. I guess I had her about three years or more. I still like that little coo-trill sound they make.

Please let us know as soon as you get an appointment. I'll be thinking of you!

Much love,

Lenina

PS: Has anyone else noticed that under Dee's name it reads "SR Moderator"? I always read this as Senor Moderator. I think he needs a new sombrero.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:41 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Found the pheasant!! Aha!

Tiptoeing in the snow, a f-f-frozen pheasant as the Met Office predicts it will be the coldest December for a century | Mail Online

Hope this makes you feel a little better!

The Mad Lee but Surely
Old 12-28-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

codependent checking in *salute*
LOL

I'm definately on an up-swing at the moment. Chris is still up (yep he drank last night) but he will go to bed soon and I will clean house even if it wakes him up!

I'm gonna just hang around the house today and clean and stuff. Tomarrow I will go out and face the world. This is 2 days in a row of not going out, so I hope it won't be too hard, but I really believe getting out of the house is gonna be the only way to beat this anxiety thing I have going on. Sorta a face the fear or maybe that thing where you have to expose yourself to your fear over and over to get use to things.

I haven't had to deal with toothaches in a while. Thank goodness! When I have teeth work done i have to be gased. I have this choking fear problem and it's the only thing that makes me able to stay laying down on my back with my mouth open. I'm lucky cause it never triggered me to want to drink...I know some of my friends can't do it.

Anyhow .... Good morning
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Ananda I did drive from where I live to the coast about 16 hours round trip. I was white knuckled all the way but I did better driving than losing my mind in the passenger seat. Maybe do it in bits...... every day and build up. I know since I've not worked it's harder to do things that I once took for granted. I've never been one for being in crowds. I know you can beat this anxiety.

Glad you feel better Amy hugs.

TOD hope your tooth gets better soon.

Jay, it's so so good to hear from you and you are a precious person so don't let those foster parents make you think different. ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))
It's good you got to connect with Kirby.

Love to all little hens.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

hi people .. I've had a few hard days but still clean.. Lenina.. Had to laugh.. Soon as you said pheasant i knew the story you meant immediately .. The met office is near me.. Lol it was such a good pic.. Just wanted to say i hope you're all good xxx karma
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OKAY! I have a dentist appt at 2:20 tomorrow. Just called them. The gal answering the phone said they had several people out sick and it's been harry carry around there. She apologized for not getting back to me.

Since I KNOW my mouth and the teeth have all been root canaled? I told my dentist's assitant it was probably going to need a RC. So she allowed the time for this if it comes to having a RC done. So hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll be rid of this toothache.

I need crowns for most of my teeth. Some are already crowned. Since the dentist thru the VAH doesn't do crowns, they out source their patients to someone else to do them. My dentist told me last time I was in there, the VAH has sent him several veterans to have this done. So now I have a plan to run with.

Now for the fingertips. I put the Desitine on them last night. Pretty much cleared the problem. They are no longer red and hurting. Desitine is such a miracle cure all. I also use this for zits that won't go away. I put a little dab on the zit and then cover it with a small spot on bandaide. I leave it on all night. It usually takes two nights of doing this and it's gone. TOO BAD IT WON'T WORK ON MY TOOTH. LOL Owwwwww

Oh yeah! Too funny on the pheasant. I'm going to share that link with some of my email buddies. I have the mommy silkies that do this too. If they are out here on the porch with us and get ready to go back to their boxes. They'll start clucking madly, then stretch up on their tip toes trying to see in the door where their boxes are located.

TOD