Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 24

Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Whiners Anonymous Part 24

Here we go Whiners! Grab on and let's go...we're in for a bumpy ride!

Last Page of Part 23: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-23-a-21.html
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My whine is that I"m all whined out right now.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think CMC has the rest of the preamble for WA, but I brought the promises with me (also stolen from CMC I believe)...

12 Promises of WA

If we are painstaking about developing our whining techniques, we will be amazed at how proficient we become at expressing our dissatisfaction with people, places, and things that irk us.

1. We are going to know a new freedom of expression.

2. We will realize it's phony to pretend happiness when we just aren't feeling it.

3. We will not regret our whines nor wish to deny their validity.

4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know the peace of unburdening ourselves by sharing our whines at WA.

5. No matter how far down in the dumps we feel, we will see how our experience can benefit our fellow whiners.

6. That Pollyanna feeling of "la-dee-da, la-dee-da" will disappear.

7. We will set our own whines aside as we realize someone else's whine may be more deserving of our emotional support .

8. Self-centeredness will not be as prevalent, as we share and compare whining.

9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon ordinary blahs in general, and whining in particular will take on a new meaning.

10. Fear of being recognized and/or ostracized as a Chronic Whiner will leave us.

11. We will intuitively know that healthy whining is not to be stifled, but shared with others like ourselves.

12. We will suddenly realize that sharing a good whine can be very cathartic and we no longer need to whine alone.

Are these unreasonable promises? We think not. Whining has become our way of dealing with adversities--sometimes major, sometimes petty--and knowing our whines will not go unnoticed will work towards reducing the tensions produced by life's little speedbumps.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Now I am really mad, I had been trying to be first to whine on part 24 for 1 hour, just didn't know where the hell it went.

Thanks for the WA preamble, Ann.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

least
My whine is that I"m all whined out right now.
re-group will ya!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

spressy from name five
Does Jerz play Name five anymore?? Maybe post it onto Whiners
Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
IO Storm

:

6. That Pollyanna feeling of "la-dee-da, la-dee-da" will disappear.

It will???? Oh no!!!!!!!

:

lol....
Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IO Storm

cracked myself up there...
Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Little Miss Whiner sat at a diner

Eating her just desserts

She copped a new attitude

Listed her gratitudes

And carried them home in her skirts

(Wow..Fub is missin' out...)
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I haven't been in here for a long time-I hope it's ok to rejoin.I have a valid whine after all!

Lets just say- I went to the dog park today.Dog decided to find something like cow/rabbit poo to roll in while I wasn't looking-and has been 'fragrant' ever since....

He thinks it's the 'lynx effect' for dogs.It's not so great for humans I can tell you.More like the 'stynx effect'

Nothing seems to get rid of it.....

He's going to groomers tomorrow.

Jules-holding her nose till then.

Last edited by Jules62; 05-18-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WB Jules!

sis
(Wow..Fub is missin' out...)
nah, he's lurk'n

its just a clever ruse to stock up on the whines!

Little Miss Whiner!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep Fube has a lot of catching up to do....

Thanks Jerz for starting part 24

So is the jury still out on Name Five Rust.......
:rotfxko

No whines, well I have but I don't want to post them so here's a story about a dog and some alphabet fridge magnets

STUNNED Emma Keers was lost for words when puppy Jack swallowed an entire alphabet of fridge magnet letters.

The six-month-old Labrador gobbled all 26 brightly-coloured plastic shapes from A-Z after Emma stuck them up for her son.

Emma spotted they were missing and guessed what had happened

“When I took him back to the PDSA an X-ray showed something in his tummy that shouldn’t be there.

“When the vets opened him up they found all the chewed up letters.”
“He now sleeps in the utility room well away from the fridge.

“But I’m not going to buy any more fridge magnets, just in case.”
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post

cracked myself up there...
My whine is that Sher is making me laugh and I cannot muster up a whine.

Okay, cut that out...no jocularity on WA please.

It's a holiday here for Canucks, Whiney Victoria Day everyone! Now THERE was a whiner...Queen Victoria! Pick the best Whiner Queeny...go ahead, I double dog dare ya.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Too many whines for early in the morning....

IO good poem, how long did it take you to drum that one up,

Jules WB that doggie must smell.

Fub must be lurking

Ann It's the Queen dance!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh IO I'm , that was a little nasty.....I loved your poem, just had to wait forever for it!!!!!!!
I wish I could just wish for a certain smiley do appear, I'm tired of going through them all for a certain one!!!It takes forever and I don't have forever
Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My son's girlfriend slept over last night and she is still here. I can't leave her in my house alone, my son went to work and my daughters working. I wanted to go to a meeting but can't. This sucks big time. I can't throw her out, soooooo I will make the most of it. I am like the friggin baby sitter today. Babysitting a 20 year old. THIS IS MY HOUSE AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ann...thanks for posting the WA Promises. Actually, I take great pride in being responsibility for composing them...of course, I had a lot of help from the original version.
Happy Canadian Whatever Day!!!

Believe...I've learned the only way to be First Poster is to close the old and open the new. Pretty sneaky, I know...but, there was a method to my madness. I'm glad Anna didn't scold me for "going over her head".

You have all the time in the world...think of all the time we wasted drinking and being physical ill from the after-effects. (BTW...have you ever tried Best Smileys? You can find most of what SR has, and then some...you can direct-link them, too. http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Espressy via Rusty...I pretty much stopped going to the Cafe to play games because it had become way more than just games...sometimes a bit much!!! What had been fun for a long time became tedious.

IOS...I just love limericks! When I think of one, I'll share.

Jules...welcome back, and good whining...good to see you haven't lost your whininess!

Magnetic Dog...learning the ABC's from the inside out? Dumb Doggie!

After sleeping on it, I came to the realization that the incident with little Eva yesterday may have been a blessing in disguise. At least she had wandered off with me, instead of someone who meant her harm; and, it gave her Mom the knowledge that the child hasn't gotten the message yet about going off without parental permission...even with people she thinks she knows and trusts. Turned a negative into a positive!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Jerzy I love this site, Thanks

Yes it was a blessing in disguise with little Eva. You could have been a stranger who could have hurt her, thank God you weren't.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
cmc

Queeny....is this what you were asking about??

WA promotes kindness, empathy for fellow sufferers and builds bonds of friendship. Many of us who were formerly ambivilent, mean or callous towards others have grown to appreciate and care about the problems of others, thus taking the focus off ourselves. This is how we learn to let go of our own problems as we share in the misfortunes of fellow WA members we find greater meaning in our own whining.
(page 62 Whiner's Anonymous; How It Works. Approved by World Service W.A. Conference Groups)
Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
cmc

Here are some helpful guidelines that R. Zippy shared here awhile ago:

Ways To Whine- A Practical Guideline

Whining is a delicate art. There needs to be a balance between all conflicting aspects of the ideal whine. For the begginers, amatuers, and professional whiners alike, there are a few key points to always keep in mind.

* It is good to exagerate certain points and exclude others. You want your listeners/readers to sympathize, not see faults in your reasoning. However, truth needs to remain. It is considered 24% truth should be maintained, but begginers can allow themselves up to 17% truth.

* Never exceed a word limit of 2000 characters. To facilitate this, and as a gentle reminder, we have made it so you cannot submit an entry over this limit. Think of your poor readers! Anybody would be intimidated by a rant several pages long. It isn't necessary. One can acheive the desired degree of compassion and anger from them with only 100 words.

* Nobody needs to hear your long, winding story. Assume your readers do not have the intellect of a carrot and can figure out what happened in the begining. This allows you to start from the middle. Your readers, and you, will want to get to the juciest part. So why stall? Get right to it.

* Don't swear. Take into consideration that any of your whines might be sensored. We might do it at random, we might not. We might not do it at all. But do you want to run that risk? In any case, keep it to a minimum. We truely understand that sometimes there isn't a thousand words that can replace the age tested ones.

copy. ewhine.com 2008