View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ann...thanks for posting the WA Promises. Actually, I take great pride in being responsibility for composing them...of course, I had a lot of help from the original version.
Happy Canadian Whatever Day!!!

Believe...I've learned the only way to be First Poster is to close the old and open the new. Pretty sneaky, I know...but, there was a method to my madness. I'm glad Anna didn't scold me for "going over her head".

You have all the time in the world...think of all the time we wasted drinking and being physical ill from the after-effects. (BTW...have you ever tried Best Smileys? You can find most of what SR has, and then some...you can direct-link them, too. http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Espressy via Rusty...I pretty much stopped going to the Cafe to play games because it had become way more than just games...sometimes a bit much!!! What had been fun for a long time became tedious.

IOS...I just love limericks! When I think of one, I'll share.

Jules...welcome back, and good whining...good to see you haven't lost your whininess!

Magnetic Dog...learning the ABC's from the inside out? Dumb Doggie!

After sleeping on it, I came to the realization that the incident with little Eva yesterday may have been a blessing in disguise. At least she had wandered off with me, instead of someone who meant her harm; and, it gave her Mom the knowledge that the child hasn't gotten the message yet about going off without parental permission...even with people she thinks she knows and trusts. Turned a negative into a positive!