Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 24

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Never thought Alcoholics/Addicts would need "directions" for whining! "Whining 101"?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My apologies for not giving Jerz credit for the Promises...I thought it was CMC and just knew it wasn`t me.

Believe...throw the girl out!! I wish I had a dollar for every gf I threw out of my house. Sheeshh, they just don`t know when to leave (or better yet, when not to come at all).

I went out to take some pictures today, perfect spring day and lots of swans swimming by and great white egrets nesting just offshore in the reeds...and I dropped my camera and broke it .

Oh sure, I could buy a new one, but I am looking for the world`s quietest dishwasher and artwork for my living room...so the camera will have to wait.

Wahhhhh!!!! My cameraaaaaaa!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Believe...throw the girl out!! I wish I had a dollar for every gf I threw out of my house. Sheeshh, they just don`t know when to leave (or better yet, when not to come at all)
I am dragging her ass all around with me, not that I want to but its better than leaving her in the house. And my son & her think its so nice of me to take her along instead of leaving her to herself for day. They don't realize I DON"T WANT HER WITH ME EVER.....Watch my luck she will be the one he marrys....ugh
oh am I over reacting too much, sorry I tried to do more but was stopped at 3

I'm gonna sell house and move and forget to tell anyone!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey Jules! Great to see you here on Whiner's my friend....

Jerz))))) I thought it was sweet of you to show that baby girl the duckies...

Believe))) I'm with Ann...kindly show er' the door..she's a tad old for babysitting.

Ann))) Oh, so sorry about the camera! Yikes.

King Bubba! Time to shopping............

Glad you all liked my poem Whiner's

:ghug2:

he he

It's okay Believe..honesty is the best policy...

The poem took 60 seconds..and it shows!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Since we're talking about about doggies today....

(I love doggies!)

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard

To get her poor doggie a Whine

But when she got there the cupboard was bare

And so he nipped her

chair.

Do you think I'm going to say something bad about a doggie?

(leaving now)
Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just because I couldn't post more than 3 in the last post and I felt like posting more!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(don't think she saw my horrible poem yet.... lol)

Hi Believe!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yes I just saw it IO and NO COMMENT!!!!! You know I love you at least you can somehow concoct a poem from a thought, I can't even do that so I will

And I just am not that kind of person to throw her ass out, I will just moan and whine about it.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Believe..

I know..it's easy for me to dole out advice when I'm not the one (in) the situation.

Whine away hun...just remember..

"This too shall pass." And, the Serenity Prayer...a lifesaver.

For me, anyway.

Oh..that last err..poem? Should never try it with a migraine coming on...no no no.

Laters..
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey Midge!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Believe..

Oh..that last err..poem? Should never try it with a migraine coming on...no no no.

Laters..
Is that the beginning of a song? no no no

I am really okay and I know This too shall pass, tomorrow morning when she leaves, :rotfxko
Old 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Don't get me started on on songs...that's my forte...

Take care B.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back, whiners!I have read the rules of whining and believe I may be able to live up to them-with plenty of practise, that is

That said, it's only the beginning of my day here in N.Z, so I have yet to find anything much to whine about! Sherry's poem, perhaps? (LOL-just kidding Sher-you know I love you!)

I'll drink more coffee and think about it....
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

All righty then...after myExcedrin, lunch, nap, meeting...you all have a song coming! lol

Major headache...great poetry saps the energy, I suppose.

I forgive ya Jules... lol..luv ya 2
Old 05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm gonna sell house and move and forget to tell anyone!!!!!
I used to want to just get on a bus...run away from home...and not leave a forwarding address.

There once was a place for complaining,
Whether the sun shone or it was raining.
But, the moaning and kvetching
Made me just feel like wretching;
And, often became a bit draining.

Sad enough to belong in Whiners Anonymous!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks for the poem Jerz.... I got home tonight from meeting at 6:30 to a friggin driveway full of cars, I couldn't even pull my own car in and I OWN THE DAMN HOUSE well I did what any sober sane person would do I PUT MY HAND ON THE HORN AND KEPT IT BEEPING UNTIL SOMEONE CAME OUT made them move the cars, pulled mine in garage and came upstairs calmly. Then I find out I HAVE TO FEED ALL THE FRIGGIN VULTURES on 1 package of chicken cutlets. Well again I did what any sober sane person would do I CUT THEM ALL IN HALF and made a huge salad and they fed themselves while I ate my dinner from LAST NIGHT Well, its time for ANOTHER talk with the children (20 & 22) NO MORE FRIENDS UNTIL AFTER DINNER they still haven't figured out THINGS ARE FRIGGIN ROUGH and their wonderful father HASN'T GIVEN ME A FRIGGIN CHECK Well, I feel alot better now. Have a nice night everyone. I kind of feel pretty good now that I let all of you have a piece of my life.
I find myself singing IS THIS ALL THERE IS MY FRIEND!Those probably aren't even the right words.....

How's that for a whine?????
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The city/town I live in has a huge Elvis Festival every July. Somehow I picture Jerz and Sher dressed up with sideburns and singing their own version of Elvis songs...You Ain't Nuthin' But A Whiner
Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

i'm not shure if this has been posted yet?

as theres many whines!

Top 7 Ways to Deal with Whiners

We all whine. It feels good and even has some benefits. It can release frustration and help you keep moving forward. However, whining can also be extremely detrimental. It often consumes a great deal of time and produces little new information. If left unchecked, whining may spread from one employee to another, like the flu. Unfortunately, washing your hands or receiving a shot will not stop this plague. It is up to you, courageous leader, to manage the whining on your team. The seven tips below will be a great start.

1. Ignore It: Pass it by like a used Yugo. Most whining needs attention to stay alive. If you ignore it, the whining will likely shrivel up and die. The problem is that some leaders feed the whining every time they see it. This reinforces to the whiner that all you have to do is whine and you will get what you want. Ignore it and it may go away!

2. Believe: Have faith they will overcome the issue. Some whining is actually a cry for support. The whiner wants to point out how tough their situation is for them. In essence, they are saying "look at me, look what I have to do." When their leader shows no doubt in the ability of the employees to complete a task, the whining is likely to stop and the task is likely to be completed.

3. Believe: Have faith they will overcome the issue. Some whining is actually a cry for support. The whiner wants to point out how tough their situation is for them. In essence, they are saying "look at me, look what I have to do." When their leader shows no doubt in the ability of the employees to complete a task, the whining is likely to stop and the task is likely to be completed.

4. Listen and Guide: Empathize with how they are feeling and guide them in another direction. Do some leader-akido. Use the whiner's energy toward another area. Some whiner's have the desire to do well, but their energy is misplaced. Listen to the concern. Sincerely demonstrate your empathy for their feelings (but don't say they are right if they are not.) Then, guide them to take action that will help them and the organization. It may be toward solving the issue, or it may be towards solving an unrelated issue.

5. Drama: Exaggerate what they are saying and tie it directly to the end of civilization. "What are we going to do!?" Paint an over-the-top picture of doom and gloom. By the time you are done, the whiner will likely be laughing or annoyed. The laughing is good because it may mean they see the humor in their whining. Becoming annoyed is not a bad response either. You at least know more of what you are dealing with and you can move onto one of the other whine-busting tips.

6. ROI: Point out their Return On Investment. Some whining may only need to be faced with a clear vision of the future. This reminds me of having to clean my room as a child. I would whine all the time when told to clean it. However, when I was informed that if I clean my room, I will be able to go to the movies or some other cool activity, I suddenly lost the desire to whine.

7. The Wizard: Let them see behind the curtain. Just like the Wizard of Oz, so much of what leaders do is kept behind the curtain. As leaders, we often attempt to make what we do seem like magic. Extreme whining is a perfect time to let an employee see behind the curtain, see all of the work that goes into many of the "magic" moments you create. Once the employee sees all of the challenges you face, the importance of their whining will become self evident.

As you start cleaning up the whining, don't forget to look at the whiner in the mirror.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is not recommended for any issue facing a leader. It is especially ill-advised with whining. And by all means, even if it won't help with whining - WASH YOUR HANDS!

ps, jerz, gotcha!

ohoh, my vote goeas to queeny ann!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
i'm not shure if this has been posted yet?

as theres many whines!

Top 7 Ways to Deal with Whiners
1. Ignore It:
2. Believe: Have faith they will overcome the issue. Some whining is actually a cry for support. The whiner wants to point out how tough their situation is for them. In essence, they are saying "look at me, look what I have to do." When their leader shows no doubt in the ability of the employees to complete a task, the whining is likely to stop and the task is likely to be completed.

3. Believe: Have faith they will overcome the issue. Some whining is actually a cry for support. The whiner wants to point out how tough their situation is for them. In essence, they are saying "look at me, look what I have to do." When their leader shows no doubt in the ability of the employees to complete a task, the whining is likely to stop and the task is likely to be completed.

4. Listen and Guide:
5. Drama:
6. ROI:
7. The Wizard:
Why is 2 & 3 the same? Could it be because it is aimed at me!!!!!Believe? Not that I am taking this personally Mr. Zipper!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Dr. Zip...

That..was...awesome!

Where do I send my 10 dollars?

Really..good stuff there. No joke.