Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 06-26-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

,,Telecasters can handle all that .. no problem ...

.. see you all .. another day ..
Old 06-26-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Smile

I have Dee.

When I stopped working became bored, drinking increased and volunteered for "Breakfast Club", making breakfast for socially, economically, and culturally disadvantaged kids from a local school.

I enjoyed it, particularly the little kids who were very funny and didn't give a toss about getting a "free" breakfast, but the older kids were shamed by the experience. The beginnings of low self-esteem. It was wrenching.

It still enters my mind, but have a few other projects in mind at the moment and trying to collate it all.

Family too, are still taking a lot of time, and am going to wait for that to settle before considering my verdict.

Community gardens and stuff are good fun. All gardeners are slightly mad. Suits me.

Thanks Dee
Old 06-27-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Bad to the Bone is a top song Blacky. Always liked that.

Thanks kzaug, if you read my previous post to Dee you will see how I am travelling on that front. I do have a neighbour friend who I get along with really well.

We had a great experience today as a handyman came around to put new locks on the windows to comply with new legislation.

Kids were falling out of windows through wire screens when their dopey parents' put their cots or bed under the window. Doh! The entire block was done.

I went up to my friend's place when he was doing her's and he noticed all of the guitars and stood back in shock.

He then tells us he plays piano in a jazz band and was doing house repairs because a tractor had crushed his thumb and he needed the money.

My friend has a piano and we asked him to play. He ripped out this really fantastic jazz piano number while we stood there jiving. Picked up his tool bag and went home. He was really good.

He said we made his day, and we said the same. He was a really nice bloke. It was great.

Hope you start to feel better soon kzaug, and I removed that pic because I felt like a DORK, but do reckon they add a bit of variety.

I'm eating jelly beans and watching Hilary Clinton. This world, don't hold out much hope.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Loved your cat's pictures on the wall Blacky. They were your avatar and election poster. Framed, even.

And your second video would not open unless I joined, and I don't even know how. Better be good, ha ha
Old 06-27-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the world will keep turning for a while yet Steely - this uncertainty and fearmongering and complete (justified) lack of faith in our leaders has to lead to something better IMO...

I just mentioned the volunteering thing cos it helped me and I couldn't remember exactly what you'd done

D
Old 06-27-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I dunno Dee. It's not just domestic politics, but international politics has me see a world on fire. Skirmishes going on everywhere, and incendiary bombs falling from the sky. And all this little black duck wants to do is make breakfast with the rest of the civilians. It's all looking a bit uncontainable now imo, but hope you're right.

Saw something about IS fighters taking heaps of amphetamines to keep them awake and unafraid of death. Wonder what would be best? Keep up the supply and send them crazy, or try to prevent supply and send them into withdrawal? Hard to prevent supply, the drug barons don't give a toss, and they're manufacturing on site. Speed freaks with an AK47, eek.

I'll always keep the faith Dee. I'll just die with my heart on my sleeve. My mother always warned me about that ha ha. Wish I could attach a video, I'd put up "Mumma Didn't Lie".

I know you are busy Dee so won't keep you, but thanks for thinking of me.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thinking about you Blacky. Are you OK? No shooting Bambi.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

oops, accidentally uploaded two images and now can't post the one I had in mind.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm a space cadet and don't undo my shoelaces when I take off my shoes. My mother was right again. Wish I could attach a video, I'd post "Mumma Didn't Lie". I'll regret posting this in one second,but it's early here and my foot came into view. Forgive me. Next time I'll post a picture of my ear. I know you're just hangin' ha ha. I reckon it makes it a bit more interesting and fun.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Steely x
Old 06-27-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hey Soberwolf x

If I find something really good at the op shop kzaug, I'm going to post you a pic. Should be fun comparing American and Australian thrift shops.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

;.. I l;eeve my shoes tied all the time too .. yeah just slip them on and off ..

here is the floor with grout ..

those cats on my wall .. all are demised .. they had a good life ..
Old 06-28-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

.. I may get a better phone .. sometime .. ha ha .. the pics are bad .. is what it is ..
Old 06-28-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

.. now I fade away .. stay strong folks ..
Old 06-28-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Do your best

Looking good Blacky

Hi Steely

Goodnight my time
Old 06-28-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

.. now this plane here .. is for close ground support ..and is basically built around the GAU 6 barrel gatling gun but also carries wing stores ( rockets, missiles, bombs etc )

Old 06-28-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

.. The A-10 is a bad ass plane .. saved many lives on the ground ..

Old 06-28-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

here is from the other side ,,

Old 06-28-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

.. all those guys .. are dead ..

.. war is nasty .. and in it's process all manner of evil is unleashed .. I mean there is no nice sort of war ..

.. unless you talkin bout that Star Trek episode .. where they had to report to chambers to be killed instead of the actual damage of war .. they just used a computer program to state who and how many had to .. just go die .. from simulated bombings .. no actual damage .. a new cleaner war .. right ..

.. anyone remember that episode ? .. I will find it ..
Old 06-28-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

I did not look for the episode .. I will just describe the gist ,, a planet was at war half and half I guess .. they had been at war so long .. they agreed to a situation where there were no more actual bombings or missile strikes to cause actual property damage .. no .. but there was a computer that estimated the death toll .. if there was an actual strike of a weapon .. those people were required to report to a vaporization or death chamber .. monitored by the other country ..

.. of course ,, the Enterprise crew ,, violated the prime directive ,, and sorted it out .. etc..

.. I mean really .. your so advanced that your war causes only peoples lives and no destruction of property .. I don't know the writer of the episode ..

I liked that .. I saw in probably 1970 ,, and there was a real war going on at that time ,,

.. had me thinking .. I was 5 years old in 1970 .. so it might of been later .. I don;t know ..