Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

The Little Balcony
Old 06-16-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Your life seems to be going really well kzaug. No thoughts of drinking or using here either, just finding it hard to shake the blues. But now I've got a plan of sorts and that's a start.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your balcony looks very pretty with all the flowers & plants xx
Old 06-17-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

It's pretty basic Soberwolf but I like it. It was meant more as a play on your
Little Book of Wisdom, ie The Little Balcony of Plants.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Did someone say fishing, camping, outdoors??!! I feel like singing "These are a few of my favorite things". k, it's good to see you back.

Steely, I looooove your balcony. Very pretty!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

On to another disaster house next week .. no pics yet .. this will be inside, bathroom and kitchen. Walls falling apart, cabinets falling apart, floors rotten ..

Darn I am tired just thinking about this one .. at least it is vacant and has AC ..

I stained a deck over the last week .. now if the homeowner would just show up and pay me .. that would be nice ..
Old 06-17-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope he shows up soon Blacky best wishes with your new project bud
Old 06-17-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

.. I left a message on the Lady's phone this morning .. then decided to just go out there around 2, she had just come in and her garage door was open with the mini van door open .. with her pruning a bush in the front yard. Must of been an emergency on the bush or flower or whatever.

I got paid though. I feel run down for some reason. I can sleep late tomorrow though, before I go look at materials for this next disaster house.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I feel run down too Blacky, depressed moreso. Think diet might really help, and intend buying a truckload of healthy food.

It is Council clean up on Monday and have to get all of my accumulated crap out on the street. Don't know how I'm going to go with that old 1980's fridge. Stairs, no trolley.

Good you got paid. Use the dough to buy Canadian salmon and other good stuff.

Wish I were fishing kzaug. It's on the plan.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hey Blacky, if I water my plants that sit on top of that air conditioning box thing on my balcony and a bit of water gets in could it wreck it up? My a/c has stopped working.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Would it wreck it up Astro?

All I know is that water and electricity don't mix well, but don't know what electricals are in that box. Everything is broken. Toilet (dodgey), toaster won't pop up, TV gets a funny black line on it, stereo busted, door won't close properly and the curtains fell down. Boulevarde of Broken Dreams. Oh yeah, dishwasher leaks. But I joined a choir because neuroscience states that singing helps with depression. I've been practicing Old Man River for when I start in 2 weeks time.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hey Blacky, if I water my plants that sit on top of that air conditioning box thing on my balcony and a bit of water gets in could it wreck it up? My a/c has stopped working.
I would think it getting wet is ok as it is outside but you should not block the front of it so it can vent properly. Check the filter as well, it should be inside and maybe slide out. Otherwise the compressor might have failed or the refrigerant may have leaked out.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Darn I am up early, felt motivated about an hour ago .. now after two cups of coffee I feel like going back to sleep .. grrrrrrr ..
Old 06-18-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Thanks Blacky,

It is outside, hadn't thought of that, rain and stuff. Might just have to rug up can't afford an electrician. Failed compressor sounds expensive, and dont know about refrigerant. Will try the filter trick. Double oh yeah, the fridge stops and starts. Grim times. I used to have money once. Oh, well.

Maybe you should go back to bed Blacky or are you starting your new job today? Good you are still getting work. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I'll never be able to get all of these repairs done it is beyond my capacity to pay. Just so long as the a/c doesn't short or something and cause a fire I'll just have to cop to it. Acceptance feels good.

Going for a walk in the park just as the sun rises. Sit on the bench for a while, take a flask of coffee and roll myself a ciggie.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Evening Soberwolf. It's morning here

Just got back from my walk in the park and coffee on the bench. Rolled a ciggie and read a chapter of my book. It was really beautiful with birds fighting each other swooping, and having fun.

The bark on the paperbark trees stood with a real clarity, and my depth of vision acute, almost crystal clear. Nothing seemed to matter much except for the natural. Found a really good stone and felt like a geologist.

When I turned the stone in my hand it first looked like a skull, but turned upside down it looked like a smiling face. The weather had painted a crooked smile. Poetry in the park, and think I'll go back tomorrow. And it didn't cost a zac.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

It was pretty trippy melki.

Good to experiment, and describe in language, experience as well. I can still see that stone in my mind, its composition and possible age.

Maybe the scales fell from my eyes. No more camouflage?

Got the large majority of my junk out on the street and have only just found that it is not for another week that it is picked up. That's good, because it gives me another week to get the last of it together, stuff that I've missed.

Felt really good to ditch it all, and opens up the flat to further work. Found a massive (unused) length of beautifully soft, red/black wool which I'm going to make into curtains. It's getting colder here, so should contain the heat.

Ensconced on couch watching "The Book Club" on TV. The book is about grief and domestic violence. Mainly grief. Trauma.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

.. So work on " The Disaster House " begins ..

Here is the bathroom as I found it ..

Now going to rip it apart ..

.. and 3 layers of flooring ..

also the old valves would not shut off the water so I had to turn the main off and go get new valves ..

Next will be repairing holes in the walls and floor just to be able to proceed with things .. I will probably be having nightmares about this one. I won't bother showing the kitchen or anything else yet.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Do your best

Blacky your workmanship is excellent that's one thing I've seen time and again with you all your projects I look at and think he's one skilled dude

Best of luck bud