Notices

Good book for anxiety sufferers

Old 12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
jbr

Originally Posted by Candygirl View Post
LOL! No I was not a ghost but I appreciate the humor. I was a naughty nurse
How are you doing? I'm doing great and have my TEA forms at the ready for the Holidays. Always challenging with so much family around.
Naughty Nurse? That's sounds inviting
Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LOL! No I was not a ghost but I appreciate the humor. I was a naughty nurse
How are you doing? I'm doing great and have my TEA forms at the ready for the Holidays. Always challenging with so much family around.
A naughty nurse are you serious? That's pretty wild and sexy but I think you are pulling my leg???
Happy New Year!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jbr View Post
I'm doing great, thx for asking! How are you?
Happy holidays!
Cool and good to hear. I am doing well also but i did have to do a few extra TEA forms over the holidays when family stuff was stressing me out
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Naughty Nurse? That's sounds inviting
Get your mind out of the gutter guys. I really was dressed up as a naughty nuse but I didn't do anything too naughty that night. Just a chance to pretend that I was something I am not for one night :day6

Glad to hear you guys are doing well and still using your TEA forms. As usual the holidays made me ramp up my use of them but I got through them with more ease than usual this year. Hope everyone is off to a great start in this wonderful new year of 2010
Old 02-07-2010, 01:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes the Sam Obitz book was a great help to me especially those TEA Forms... Very, very effective! Also the book Boundaries... I can't remember the author's name of that book, but very helpful.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

GG always nice to hear others who are being helped by the same things that have helped me. I like the title of that book you mentioned and will look for it too thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hope I didn't not offend any of you with my get your mind out of the gutter comment? Weird that I have not heard back from you guys and hope you are well and not mad at me
Old 04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I can only speak for me, but I certainly took no offense and thought it was funny
Just been busy and have not had time to post in awhile.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm wondering if this is similar to the form in the Mind Over Mood book my psychiatrist recommended I buy.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'll add that Susan Jeffers' book Feel The Fear...And Do It Anyway helped me re-conceptualize anxiety and control it. She does a great job defining different levels of anxiety, the beliefs underlying anxiety, and the methods for gaining control of anxiety even if you were, like me, scared of even the most innocuous things like phone conversations and opening the blinds on windows. Four stars. It really is helpful.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
On the path to self discovery

Just ordered the been there done that do this hope its as good as advertised.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I've heard of this book and I will have to check it out. A book on anxiety that helped me look at my thinking and change it and deal with anxiety better was When Panic Attacks by David D. Burns. He has a lot of the same exercises in his Feeling Good Workbook, which also helps you decrease your depression. Cutting down on sugar and caffeine has also helped me keep my anxiety under control.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
jbr

Hope I didn't not offend any of you with my get your mind out of the gutter comment? Weird that I have not heard back from you guys and hope you are well and not mad at me
Naw didn't offend me at all. Just have not checked in here lately sorry. I hope you are doing well and technically we were the offensive ones lol!
Hope you are well
Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
jbr

Originally Posted by ClayTheScribe View Post
I've heard of this book and I will have to check it out. A book on anxiety that helped me look at my thinking and change it and deal with anxiety better was When Panic Attacks by David D. Burns. He has a lot of the same exercises in his Feeling Good Workbook, which also helps you decrease your depression. Cutting down on sugar and caffeine has also helped me keep my anxiety under control.
The book by Sam Obitz recommends Burns book as an additional resource and I checked it out and it is a really good CBT book also.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I think all of the books mentioned are based on cbt so they should all offer something. I liked the simplicity of the book by Obitz in breaking it down to a few simple exercises like the TEA form which has helped me the most.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I need simple so I liked that about the Sam Obitz CBT book, but I have heard several good things about Burn's books also.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

wil def check this book out!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
jbr

I think anyone who is new to cbt would benefit by starting with the book by SAm Obitz before going to Burns book as you may get overloaded with info if you start with Burns first as it is really comprehensive and may overwhelm a beginner.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I think anyone who is new to cbt would benefit by starting with the book by SAm Obitz before going to Burns book as you may get overloaded with info if you start with Burns first as it is really comprehensive and may overwhelm a beginner.
Good advice. We are already overwhelming ourselves so we don't need any help!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Happy new year everyone. I certainly hope it is a great year for everyone here