Notices

Good book for anxiety sufferers

Old 05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jbr

Good book for anxiety sufferers

I have been using the TEA form exercise from the book Been There, Done That? DO This! by Sam Obitz for the past ten months and if you work on them daily they can get rid of most of your anxiety and improve your quality of life a lot in a reasonably short period of time. I have recommended it to others in my meetings just to help them fight their cravings and many have had success with them. They really do enable you to change the way you process your thoughts to make them less anxiety causing. Hope this is useful for some of you here.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm just an acoa but anxiety has been my big problem thanks to learning how to use the tea forms my anxiety is under control. I feel like I can handle almost any situation without freaking out now. What I really liked about this book was that it was short and to the point and not clinical. I never go anywhere without a notepad to do my tea forms on
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On the path to self discovery

Hey JBR,

Thanks for the recommendation. I havent been able to find this book however, looked at Powells online, Amazon, and Ebay, nobody seems to have it.

Perhaps you could share what this TEA form is????

Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I bought my copy from the book's website for $16.00
I was able to find it on amazon but they wanted almost $100.00 for a USED copy and it is a real short/small book.
The tea form stands for Thought-Error-Analysis and teaches you to eliminate the thinking errors we make that cause a lot of our anxiety. They work great once you get the hang of how to do them.
I tried to send you the link to the website where I got my copy but it said you have to have posted 15 times to post links. Sorry!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We used this book in my CBT group and it is really short and not technical at all and the TEA forms have helped me a great deal. I even wrote about this book and the TEA form in my story section when I first came to this website and how much my underlying anxiety factored into my alcohol problems. I highly recommend it for anyone who suffers anxiety.
I got my copy from the website at Been There, Done That? Do This! - Home
Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Candy,
Thank you for posting the link for everyone since I am too new here to do that. I checked out your story in the my story section and really appreciate your sharing all that personal stuf and want to congratulate you on all of your success
I hope you are still faring well in all areas of your life, you seem like a real nice person!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jbr

Originally Posted by otterbearcat View Post
Hey JBR,

Thanks for the recommendation. I havent been able to find this book however, looked at Powells online, Amazon, and Ebay, nobody seems to have it.

Perhaps you could share what this TEA form is????

You're welcome. Sorry so late in replying but it looks like you got the answers already. Let me know if you have any other questions?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you didn't mind my trying to answer for you JBR. I may have some questions for you later but none right now thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwats View Post
Hi Candy,
Thank you for posting the link for everyone since I am too new here to do that. I checked out your story in the my story section and really appreciate your sharing all that personal stuf and want to congratulate you on all of your success
I hope you are still faring well in all areas of your life, you seem like a real nice person!
You're welcome dwats. Thank you for all the kind words. I think with a little determination and the right tools anyone can do what I am doing
The TEA forms are great for stress and anxiety reduction and I encourage you to keep doing them.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Candygirl View Post
We used this book in my CBT group and it is really short and not technical at all and the TEA forms have helped me a great deal. I even wrote about this book and the TEA form in my story section when I first came to this website and how much my underlying anxiety factored into my alcohol problems. [/url]
Hi Candy, do can you share the link? I would be interested in reading what you had to say about the book.

Thanks,

NB

EDIT: Went through your posts & found it, thanks.

For anyone interested here it is http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...dys-story.html
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you found it and hope it is useful for you
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jbr

I hope you didn't mind my trying to answer for you JBR. I may have some questions for you later but none right now thanks!
Of course not. Don't be silly
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this book!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks JBR and Candygirl. I hope you guys are doing well.
Fishman the TEA form exercise has been a revelation for me and I have come a long way with them already. It is really cool how you can develop more productive ways of thinking and reduce the anxiety and stress you experience in your daily life. They take some getting used to doing but work great once you get comfortable doing them. Let me know if you need any support?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Fishman the TEA form exercise has been a revelation for me and I have come a long way with them already. It is really cool how you can develop more productive ways of thinking and reduce the anxiety and stress you experience in your daily life. They take some getting used to doing but work great once you get comfortable doing them. Let me know if you need any support?
I'm wonderful and thanks for asking. I have always loved dressing up and Halloween so I am excited for the weekend. I hope you and everyone else are all doing wonderful as well?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Doing pretty well Candy Hope your Halloween was great and I am wondering what you dressed up as this year?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Candy I'm starting to think you dressed up as a ghost and forgotr to take your costume off because I have not seen you here in quite a while
Old 12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Candy I'm starting to think you dressed up as a ghost and forgotr to take your costume off because I have not seen you here in quite a while
LOL! No I was not a ghost but I appreciate the humor. I was a naughty nurse
How are you doing? I'm doing great and have my TEA forms at the ready for the Holidays. Always challenging with so much family around.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
jbr

Originally Posted by Fishman33 View Post
Thanks for sharing this book!
YW. I hope the exercises are helping you
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
jbr

I'm doing great, thx for asking! How are you?
Happy holidays!