Notices

Glass of wine placed in my hand last night

Old 11-14-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
quat

Proximity to alcohol can not be a factor for quitting, alcohol is readily available in the world.
I can't think of anything more boring and annoying then spending time with people while they are getting intoxicated , especially if the reason for gathering is solely to get intoxicated.
I've seen hundreds of posts where people claim they plan on not drinking and then lament the fact they decided to get more drinks and blame it on 'being in a slippery' place.
Where ever they were isn't the problem they need to fix , more drinks are, blaming more drinks on proximity only means you plan on more drinks when in proximity.
The sooner one faces this truism , the shorter their 'early sobriety' will be.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a good for nothing POS, but when its hooks have you...
Old 11-15-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
They didn’t know. I was drinking the last time I saw them. I’m only seven weeks sober and it’s just not really “out” that I’m not drinking. It will be. It wasn’t the venue to get into it. I actually lounged around at home before showing up because I wanted to get there closer to his playing time (instead of hanging out in a bar all night) and he was there early...actually told a couple people I’d quit drinking and didn’t want to be there all night, but this woman wasn’t in on the info I guess.
And I wasn’t really commenting on your event, but more generally that people feel it’s ok to push booze but not any of the other cr@p that goes into our mouths. That’s all.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
And I wasn’t really commenting on your event, but more generally that people feel it’s ok to push booze but not any of the other cr@p that goes into our mouths. That’s all.
I know that. Plus the event is over, I enjoyed it and I’m fine.

Although I have to say that food pushers have always been a super huge problem for me....really difficult to turn down food all the time, I started just saying thank you and accepting food, which was probably the mindset i had with the wine. I also used to just take food and not eat it; give it to some else or throw it away quietly, to manage my food addictions.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You made the right decision ss. Just keep staying sober. All this drinking events will be nothing but a joke for you later on. It will get real easy to tell your friends, no thanks, I don't drink but you enjoy yourself.
It's poison for us. Don't let any social setting put you in jeopardy. Especially this early in your sobriety. It's your life at stake here. You call the shots. Like most of us, your going to find out who your real friends are when you stay sober. It's natural. My suggestion is don't let anyone put a glass of wine in your hands. If there offended, so be it. Only you have the responsibility of maintaining your sobriety.
One last thing, if my spouse knew I was an alcoholic and knew the ramifications of the disease and yet still encourage me to drink.....im gone the next day. I hope I interpreted your OP wrong. Surely your husband wants you to stay sober.