Notices

Today is Another Day

Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

If addiction has an opposite, it's LIFE! FWIW, I often feel a little unwelcome in "the recovery community" because my "recovery" looks a little too much like "life." Maybe I read into it, but I feel like they want me to be more obsessed with my status as a nondrinker, to feel damaged and fallen and to need reprogramming in every aspect of my being. In a nutshell, that's why I haven't hooked into a regular group or anything.

I admire that you don't let those little cues distract you from pulling a lot of value out of your treatment. You've kept your eyes on the prize and are winning. And very soon, you'll be at 45 days. Who would ever have believed we could make it this far? It sorta makes 'ya wonder what else lies within.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I am on odd duck.

Never done any "recovery" work outside myself and you people. No group and my therapist and I don't focus on alcohol but rather on dropsie.

However, from my experience it is easy for me to get complacent because I do think for the most part I am in such a better place, which in the past has gotten me into trouble.

So I am 100 percent with you, provided we smart ladies keep it real about that while that alcohol may not be THE problem, it will be if we imbibe.

Its a tough line to walk, which is why people warn us when we start getting too groovy too soon. Confident, strong, -- but aware, always aware, but not wary of life.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Ugh, it's morning again!
Whine, grumble.

Ok off I go.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Do I hear wine, oh I see its whine...

Have a good day.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

SiS and Drops I am also trying live and just "do" life... sans alcohol I mean I am not into always talking about the drinking and it's not my root problem either. Was a band aid for the other stuff for sure. I've got a lot to tackle.

Hi Obladi

I have 3 whole days off I am torn between sleeping through them all and not sleeping a wink so as not to miss a moment...
Old 02-24-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
However, from my experience it is easy for me to get complacent because I do think for the most part I am in such a better place, which in the past has gotten me into trouble.

Its a tough line to walk, which is why people warn us when we start getting too groovy too soon. Confident, strong, -- but aware, always aware, but not wary of life.
Too complacent gets you in trouble - is that what you mean?
I don't understand what it means "getting too groovy too soon?"

I like odd ducks - birds of a feather and all that.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Hi Obladi

I have 3 whole days off I am torn between sleeping through them all and not sleeping a wink so as not to miss a moment...
Hi, hon. (That's what we B'More women say, especially if we're of a certain age which I am.)

I vote for sleeping some winks but not all of them.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sounds good Obladi how was your day?
Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey Sleepie,
It was good! Met eldest at the train to ride home together to have birthday dinner with the middle kid. Eldest was in a deep funk that looked impassable but came out of it and on the way back to her home said, "I feel a little better now. " Middle kid had a lovely evening, loved her gifts and youngest was content. I could not /dare not wish for more.

Off to work with me!

Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

45!!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sis

The day was good. I thought, "You know I really hate these meetings I have today, but what's good is that I'm not thinking of drinking to wash it all away." That was a good moment.

Group tonight. I'm sure something interesting was thought or said, but honestly right now I'm just ready to head to bed.

I guess writing in rhyme indicates my sleep time.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post

Group tonight. I'm sure something interesting was thought or said, but honestly right now I'm just ready to head to bed.

I guess writing in rhyme indicates my sleep time.
Hahaha! Funny girl.

Congrats on 45 days!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Tried to check in from the train, but we went underground before I could post. Though I woke up 15 minutes early, what with the dog and the dishes and the cat box and the bit of an emergency at work, didn't have time before I left the house!

Have had drinking dreams (or really, NOT drinking dreams) two nights in a row. In both, someone else prevented me from actually drinking. My dreams are pretty transparent, so no mystery there. The AV has been extremely active the last couple of days.

I've got group tonight and am actually grappling whether I want to get into this with them. Not so much all of "them" because my classmates are cool and helpful, but more so with the counselor people. That's interesting, huh?

Consider this post to be "telling on myself."

It's Day 46 and I should have expected this, and am grateful that it took so long.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I had drinking dreams too O, I think it is the AV surfacing and testing the water. . .
I just acknowledge this when I wake up, and journal out the feelings if it is very
strong and troubling.

Interestingly, I haven't had any such dreams since I did my final quit
(Just over 100 days now ) so perhaps the cycle will pass with time?

I think you are doing a fantastic job.
Hope you can deal with job emergency quickly and without stress--
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Work emergency was diagnosed and delegated in short order, so that's been off my list since 7am. Good for me for delegating! I don't always have to be the hero!

The drinking dreams seem to be the manifestation of this undertow that is stronger the past few days. From what I understand, it's right on time. Days 45-100ish can be quite difficult, I hear?

Send good mojo my way that I will do the right thing, please.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great weekend O x
Old 02-26-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things got easier for me after the first 30 days Obladi - hope thats the case for you too

D
Old 02-26-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Obladi,
have i hassled you yet with the "stages" post?
if not, here it is: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
if yes, here's a repeat.

good to keep in mind these are generalizations, but since you're speaking of hearing things about days 45 to 100...nah, there will not be such clearly delineated markers.

the big thing that happened for me around the sixth week was that my positive excitement about my new thing, sobriety, wore off.
shine was gone. oh.

other things show up for other people.

the concept of the mooring lines makes lots of sense to me.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

fini, you have not yet harassed me with this information, but I remember the mooring lines analogy from somewhere. I've wandered far n wide, so perhaps I happened across this previously by happenstance.

Yeah, never had shine this time round, but it definitely makes sense to me that six months would be a major accomplishment and perceived as such. The in-between time is some kind of... limbo? At least how that's feeling at the moment.

Gawd knows, I'm not suffering from any illusions that there is a formula.
Good and bad, eh?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Dee, it's been easier for quite some time now, so I think I'm hitting a rougher patch.

No complaints here because it's been relatively painless until now. It's some kind of miracle that I simply Stopped. No need for me to analyze, I'm just gonna go with it and stick with it.