Notices

Need support- calling for treatment today

Old 01-01-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Everyone deserves another chance! It's a new year and you can create a new you! Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. So far today I'm pretty sad. I was supposed to get a bunch of stuff done but only accomplished about 1/4 of it.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

1/4 will eventually become whole a whole lot of little counts for a lot recovery
Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Recovery999 View Post
Thanks everyone. So far today I'm pretty sad. I was supposed to get a bunch of stuff done but only accomplished about 1/4 of it.
Sending a big hug and a big wish for the New Year.

Ya know, I've had lots of days in my life when I've felt 'bummed' for not getting done what I had hoped to get done. I've really had to take a look at that and change my thinking. God loves us just the way we are, regardless of anything we accomplish. In fact, maybe it is the less we accomplish in and of ourselves, the more we can be amazed that God loves us anyways!

You deserve to be happy and you deserve to get the help/treatment you need--which will help you figure out what you really need and what YOU can do to be happy!

Goodness!! If treatment for a mental disorder or addiction was based on what folks 'deserve', there would be precious few folks getting help.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes recovery999

D
Old 01-02-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Now I'm in tears because my music isn't working on my iPhone. Welcome to early recovery
Old 01-03-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

And now I can't sleep.

This is fun...
Old 01-03-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

It will improve the longer you stay sober
Old 01-04-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

First day back at work since I started this. Well, this job- the most stressful one. I feel okay so far.

Only 8 days until the intake appointment.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

OK, so the intake is tomorrow. Depending on how many will be discharging and such, I will have a 1-3 week wait until I can actually start, provided insurance pays for the treatment.

I feel TERRIBLE. I haven't felt this depressed in quite some time, and it's not a good feeling. I still have to function in my everyday life. Part of me feels like, if it's going to cause this kind of reaction, maybe I'm better off not doing it? I am going to go to the intake and see what happens.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I feel TERRIBLE. I haven't felt this depressed in quite some time, and it's not a good feeling. I still have to function in my everyday life. Part of me feels like, if it's going to cause this kind of reaction, maybe I'm better off not doing it? I am going to go to the intake and see what happens.
My guess is that you are just getting anxious/depressed about the whole process. It will definitely pass and please don't put off the treatment you so desparately want and need. It's also possible that it's your addiction rearing it's head hoping that you don't go and fall back into your old ways. Don't let it fool you....you are doing the right thing.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

First day back at work since I started this. Well, this job- the most stressful one. I feel okay so far.

Only 8 days until the intake appointment.
It might save your life, it saved mine.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

01-12-2016 02:55 PM
Annnndddd it's a #%^*+=}~<Ģing blizzard. Annndddd I'm on the interstate and it's not moving. So now I have to wait another month for a new appointment.

I seriously hate life, hate the world, hate God. It literally DOES NOT SO MUCH AS FLURRY ALL WINTER BUT THE MINUTE- the literal MINUTE I HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ITS A BLIZZARD
Old 01-12-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best!! Get the help you need!!
Old 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Recovery,

I have now read this and you other thread and I am sorry that you are suffering.

It does seem like you have done everything that you can do to put things right with your work and the people fined and if that is the case, let it go.

You deserve to get better. We all do.

Hang in there.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

PS. Take Sleepies advice and call right now to try and get another appointment -- we cannot change the weather.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I feel TERRIBLE. I haven't felt this depressed in quite some time, and it's not a good feeling. I still have to function in my everyday life.
Oh Recovery: I know the feeling of being emotionally "raw", but still needing to carry on with everyday life. It sucks! I had way too many days of driving to work and holding back the tears because I didn't want to show up with my eyes and face looking like I had been crying. (we can only cover up so much). Hang in there.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Today I'm kind of ambivalent about getting help. This pushes things back so that I won't be able to pick up an extra job for about nine or ten weeks. That's an eternity, because I just want to get this house ball rolling and get the money to at least approach these people about buying this house.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Okay Recovery:

It is concerning that you are going to buy a house right in the middle of trying to get yourself straightened out and well.... Buying a house is up near the top of list of the most stressful events there are....

You gotta take care of your health and concentrate on that. One thing at a time...but if you're set on buying this house and it will make you happy who am I to say, "Don't do that yet. Wait for things to calm down and heal first". Moving is stressful, but I do understand that if you are unhappy with where you're at right now moving to someplace better might actually be a relief. I'm just babbling at this point in time, so take the things I say that help you and throw the rest out!

Yeah, I know what it's like to drive to work, needing to cry; trying NOT to cry, but at least I was sober and not hung over...then getting to work and still on the verge of tears, but putting on my happy, pleasant professional face and trying to focus on others' misery instead of my own...I swear, sometimes that is the only way I made it through...get my mind off myself somehow....
Old 01-13-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Today I'm kind of ambivalent about getting help. This pushes things back so that I won't be able to pick up an extra job for about nine or ten weeks. That's an eternity, because I just want to get this house ball rolling and get the money to at least approach these people about buying this house.
You've felt this way before Recovery. I agree with the previous poster that perhaps buying a house right now could be moved down your list of priorities. Taking care of yourself needs to be #1.