Notices

Need support- calling for treatment today

Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I don't know. Time is money. I just don't like time going by that I'm not earning money for this.

As I've explained before, it's not a full mortgage deal so it doesn't seem as stressful, plus it's not my first house.

The house is the keystone in my plan to leave my job. It is the first necessary step.

Without the house, I have no hope, nothing that proves to me that my life won't always be about fighting with people at work.

Besides, I go to meetings almost every day, I read recovery literature, I participate here, I go to telephone meetings when I am in the office. It's not like I'm not doing anything to support my recovery.

I will think about it.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

You're right recovery "time is money". And, in some professions that is more crucially so...But, buying a new house and moving takes money too. It's just concerning is all. Hope it all works out for you, friend.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So it's going to be several weeks until the intake appointment, should I choose to go back. No exceptions based on the blizzard. And then several weeks to get a slot in the program.

I just few like giving up. Several weeks right now might as well be 25 years...
Old 01-15-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Don't give up! You are a worthwhile person!

While you are keeping the therapeutic services that will be available later in the back of your mind, keep your focus on the list you shared of strategies in your plan. Also, congrats on being sober 12.5 YEARS That is awesome, and not to be discounted. You have a better chance of facing adversity when sober.

I personally know of the stress that can come from an employment situation. When you do get free, you can expect to deal with ptsd, but it's still not as hard as a wacko work environment. You didn't ask for advice, but, if I had to do it all over again, I would have left the work situation much, much, much sooner than I did. I would live in a cave and eat raw ramen before I'd work "there" again. Wishing you the best, and sending strength to overcome challenges. You can do it!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's only a setback Recovery. Yes it's a long time but you have decades of your life left that will be much improved if you follow through. Life is filled with setbacks unfortunately.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Don't give up -- reschedule. You can always cancel, but you might be surprised how quickly the time flies.

Hang in there.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm going to call them on Monday. I may also call another program, which is even further away, to see if they have any openings sooner. However, I already attended the first program and know the staff fairly well, know the routine, etc.