Notices

Thoughts?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Choicy

Thanks zjw it's a shame what we hear growing up. Those formative years... they never really leave.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Once I got and stayed sober I realized that dating normies was the very best choice for me.

Mountainmanbob
I was always attracted to the sickest woman in the room and never even realized it. Sick people attract each other. In hindsight it's pretty apparent in my relationships over the past few decades. Of course it would be unfair not to admit to the neurotic behavior I have fostered in those close to me.

This has not really changed for me in recovery - still attracted to others who are sick.........
Old 11-09-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I haven't dated in a while and it's probably just as well, so, no thoughts here. I just want to say that I really hope that you figure it all out with your bf and get what you need and deserve.

Good thread, btw. Lots of interesting shares.

Delfin
Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I think it's going to be good. We read the "6 Ways Friends and Family can Support an Addicted Loved One" article here. Had a good talk. Some of the things I'd been wanting from him in this respect were in the article, so it was nice to feel I wasn't being unreasonable and he understands. We want a future together and this is going to be a very important part of that. I would absolutely do it for him and he knows that.

Thanks Delfin!