Notices

Drunk before the deadline

Old 11-09-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Forwards, I realize that you're finances are not all that well right now. However, do you think you could seek out someone to assist you with the project? Perhaps, someone from a local University? They could intern with you on the project, and in return, you'd write them a letter of recommendation. Or, when the project is finished, you could pay them a percentage from the proceeds. It would seem that having someone to collaborate with on this project might make it a bit easier. It's very tough when working on a project alone and not having someone to bounce ideas off of. Just a thought and suggestion for you.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Forwards - it is all possible, but it is ESSENTIAL that you remain sober. This means, do NOT buy ANY alcohol whatsoever and do not drink any alcohol at all - not even a sip!!

You might get a lot of help by visiting a meeting of a support organisation like AA. I certainly do not think I would have remained sober without AA and I'm coming up to 3 years sobriety now.

I don't work in your field but I do have clients that work as software engineers and programmers; one of them ended up losing his wife and family due to alcohol, as well as his job. It has taken a lot of pain, hurt and loss to help him get sober. It took a lot of pain, hurt and loss for me to get sober too. I hope that the pain, hurt and loss you have experienced has been enough to strengthen your personal resolve against drinking alcohol again. For me, I needed spiritual strength above and beyond myself, hence AA.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That's a brilliant idea. What about that, Forwards?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It is a great idea. It could give some much-needed experience and exposure for someone who needs it. And I'd offer to pay them a percentage, too. Could be a win-win-win for everybody.

As long as you stay sober and hold up your end...
Old 11-09-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Not speaking for Forwards but she mentioned its so complex that ig probablu needs someone with a post doctoral degree. Not sure how that works with
an intern.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Forward......you can do this. DUMP the JUNK. Take a couple days of bed rest....bring a notepad yourlaptop and pencil into bed w you. Whenever you can write down ideas in the notebook and do research on the web on stuff you don't know. Then get into the their office and work from there, also use their techies to help you. I had a similar project that I accepted and it was the most challenging project of all. I had to build an access database.....that people could query for info. I didn't even know access.....pfffff lol......I bought a book......I read what I needed, I reached out to techie people I knew for help, I researched on the web. I took a class on databases and Visual Basic to build the gui interface and when I got stuck I walked down the hallway to see a couple techies and asked them for help. I built that database and it worked fabulously well. Since you are way ahead of me in the programming department work on what you know first. Write down questions that you don't know the answer to......and get their techies involved......no one completes projects on their own.....it's a collaboration of sorts. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Forwards - how has today been?
Old 11-15-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Forwards - still here for when you are ready to check in