Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part III - Beware all ye who enter!

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part III - Beware all ye who enter!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I think our Cow is a pretty girl cow.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
p***enger

Naw, Cow's a girl-type animal, probably with breasts and all -- I know she has all that girl-gyne stuff down there, because she had it all tested a while back and they didn't find a hidden penis or anything. No bull!

My guess is Cow had a date to the symphony with a vibrant gentleman.

I hope, Cow , that you didn't caffeinate-up to stoke yourself, and Merlot-down to unravel. I wrote you a very long, tedious, lectury-type post yesterday to tell you not to do that, & I fear it went unread. This makes me feel like a dry old volume of sermons, on the shelf, unwanted. Thank you, Cow, for providing my depression and self-loathing with fresh deserts to explore! (Because it is, always, all about me.)

Just out of curiosity, what really happened to you last night, and how are you today?
Old 04-13-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Sober Leigh, I'm pretty sure Cow is a girl. there was a pic, no? And she's pretty.

Love from CAL
Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Yes, Cow can help with understandings. Cow on Ima Cow show is multi-gendered, omni-sexual cow of vague origins, who identify as male. Real cow is girl cow but not girl girl cow, cuz I extreme tomboy cow, you see?

Snarkbunny, you ego can relaxes, I read every single post is posted. And I take all advices to heart. I was hanging out with girlfriend instead of go to symphony. Also, I has lot of beautiful plants and pet hummingbirds to has 'life' around me. I like flower but cut flower make me sad when they slowly dies right in front of you!

I has to go play wallyball this morning. No getting out cuz I captain of team! Anyway, I wants to play, is fun. Yes, it dangerous situation, as far as gonna make me want the caffeine for energies. I not honest sure I won't cave, although I gonna try.

Okay, I check you later.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks for checking in, Cow. I kinda knew that about the houseplants vs cut flowers, sorry to have forgotten. I think there should be bougainvilleas blooming everywhere in your part of the world around now, and lots of stuff growing out of the dirty dirt, being beautiful. Enjoy your ballgame!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Cow. I knew you was a cow girl cause I've read every post you ever posted. I even remember your little horny toad. I'm glad you get out to do some sports. Nothing better to get a few endorphins running around in there. It is a wonderful sunny day in Oregon ( although stupid cold) but I'm going to ride my little buckskin mare down the canyon. She always gives me a surprise or three. She's a little wild from hanging out all winter. I get to be with life, get some fresh air and exercise and get a little adrenalin going when she decides to have a mind of her own. I always feel invigorated when I get home, because I made it back alive. I feel sort of happy for a few days after we have a good ride. Her name is "India". She's a good horse. She loves apples and for me to scratch her chin. I love her.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Elseware, it must be so rewarding to be able to spend such a fabulous time with such an amazing creature. A lot of work too, I would imagine.
It is wonderful the love our animal friends give us.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Well, yesterday not go so good at wallyball game. My heart start beat so fast. I become light-headed and has to sit down. I not could remember my own phone number. They want to ships me off to ER again! But I says just takes me home. So I spend rest of day feeling super irritated and sorry for self. Okay, I maybe also weep bitterly for couple minutes. Okay, maybe longer. Later I was twitching and tremoring and could no sleep. What fresh hell is this?

Today, I figure out, duh, of course, is reaction to doctor increase my thyroid medication. So annoying. Like, I has plenty enough mental/physical breakdowns on my own, yes, I not need doctor to medicates me into additional freak outs. Jesus of God. Can a cow get a freaking break.

And how is your day?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Hi Cow!

It's funny, reading your posts....because on the one hand you seem super removed from enjoying human/cow interaction, yet on the other hand you are involved in some pretty outgoing activities! I find it interesting you sign up for things at all given how much you seem to feel down about being around other people. Any thoughts on that?

Not much new here on my end. Given up on walking out on the family. I know that is not the answer - and I have 3 girls, they need me even more because I am their mother. But still struggling to WANT to be sober. Was sober all weekend with lots of family at the house for my daughter's birthday, and I just felt dead and empty. I kept wishing I had wine so I could find that place in me that has emotion and energy and interest in things.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Cow, it must be very tricky getting your meds right, I'm on the thyroid meds also for Hashimoto's Disease. no hunchback but plenty belly fat! I hope youre feeling better today. how's your heart? Blood pressure? I'm on a small dose of atenonol for my mitrial valve prolapse and it makes a huge difference in my anxiety feelings.

Freethinking, I hope we all know there's no answers in wine, and certainly no truth. I'm glad youre making efforts with your family. Your daughters do need you,

I'm not having a great day. Yesterday was very stressful with the house hunting. We did find an area we might be able to live in comfortably. I'm trying to breathe and realize I'll get through this like I always do.

Love from your CAL
Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi Cow,

I hope you are feeling better today.
I am having a good day. My boss came back and has now taken over all the stress related to the finances of the company. I can sit around and answer the odd phone call and read the Sober Recovery website.
I am normally a grey sky and rain and cloud type person, but occasionally I will embrace the sunshine. So I spent the weekend cleaning up the yard and planting all kinds of new plants and vegetables and now feel all fresh and spring-like.
But two days of bright and shiny is enough, we can now resume the regularly scheduled rain and clouds.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

FT, I like playing sport and games. It occupy me. And my mind has big compulsion to WIN and perform well at such things. I use to play lot of tennis. I hope to feel well enough to get back to someday. When you playing sport, is not such personal interaction with other. Is more internal, is strategic, is contest. Is different from other social encounter where you has to perform emotional engagement with other or enjoyment of event or pleasant attitude, etc.

I glad you hanging in there. I total understand about wanting to want to quit. I stuck there for like 10 years. For me, so far, addiction has been 4 phase transition. 1) This sh*t is total working for me and I has no intentions to give it up and I not care if it kill me so step off. 2) This sh*t killing me and robbing my life, I know, but it still kind of working for me and is really only time I feel okay, and sometime even good, so even though I should total quit I really not want to. 3) This sh*t not working for me anymore. It not even feel good and consequences is horrific. And now body, brain, mind and life is ravage and lying in tatter and rags. Holy crap! What is I done! I desperately needs to quit right now if I to stand any chance to have real life and fulfillments. 4) Uh oh, this sh*t really hard to quit!!

I hope soon to moves onto phase 5) So I finally quits this sh*t, now what?!!

Hi Lenina, yes, is almost impossible to medicates me cuz of multiple constellation of issues, over-reaction to most thing, and uber delicate brain. Calgon takes me away! Good lucks with house hunt!

Olive, You stay in sunshine! Sure all us sourpusses is gonna hate you for it, but you keepa go girl!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

The sun is going away soon, which is fine, except I will now miss the blood moon and the eclipse which all sounds particularly juicy.

I think you described those phases perfectly, Cow, I distinctly remember going through each.

Phase 6: Pretty good, simple and somewhat fulfilling life.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I know cow a girl, was in a bad place yesterday and lost my memory, tut! Dee got mad with me, oops, but im a bit like cow, went on facebook, disaster, too many ppl asking are you ok? No im not ok, Im in cows team!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi cow;
Yeah, I think you described my drinking life cycle to a "T" as well.
I got to Phase 3, thought I'd quit but never really stuck to it. Over and over and over.

When my endless Phase 3 started really impacting my health and started to encroach on my job,
I got really mentally serious about quitting in a way I never had before.
Kind of a Life or Death thing--before, I always had to leave the door open for
an "option" to drink because I really couldn't face the thought of a life without alcohol.
Thought it would be dead and meaningless.

It is different, but not dead and meaningless. I do miss the emotional highs, but one
of my dogs I've had almost 14 years (hand fed from very young puppy I found under a log cabin on my farm)
has been slowly dying of congestive heart failure these past two days,
and I find myself totally in tears and able to feel this incredible pain pretty accurately.
No numbness at the moment, which is a strange relief. I wondered
if I would spend the rest of my life as an emotionless machine.

I can still hurt really well.

One thing I will say about going through this sober.
I've been able to be present with Fergus (my dog) more fully than I've ever been present
in an emotional situation ever in my life as an adult.
I always would take the edge off with alcohol before any time I had emotional trauma to face. Either right then or right after.
This time, I'm wading through with no panacea now or later.

It feels good. It really really hurts, but I see a part of myself emerging that never really grew up before.
There's truth to the statement about addicts being emotionally stunted in some ways I think.
I think it was easy to give Fergus a good life, but it has been much less easy to give him a good death. I feel I am doing my best to do that.

I don't think I could have done it while drinking--not like this.

It's strange comfort to offer you cow, but there it is. Maybe this is what Phase 5 looks like. I hope you are feeling better today and adjusting to the meds.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Will be thinking about you, Hawkeye, during this difficult time with Fergus.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hawkeye, I not care what anybody say, death suck! My momma die 22 year ago but for me, is not time heal this loss, no, I honestly just feels more motherless every day. With animal passing, I think it harder on human than animal. Animal seem to inherent accept and release into death. I sure Ferguson still getting maximum enjoyment of life he can with his good buddy Hawkeye by his side. It always amaze me how blind, deaf, three legged dog still greet you with such joy. I total envious of blind, deaf, three legged dog!

Yes, one thing about my anhedonia, is I not have too much problem feeling emotion on bottom end of emotional scale. Tears, depression, boredom, envy, ennui -for that my brain chemistry is like, sure we can whip up some of those cocktails! But I ask for little shot of joy with twist of laughter and it like, SORRY BAR CLOSED!

Toddles, yes, is always bad news when you wakes up and go ...uh oh, was I online last night? Doh! But D very forgiving, or else Cow would no even be here!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
But D very forgiving, or else Cow would no even be here!
LOL, yeah me2.

Just discovered this thread. Now I know where to go when I'm feeling a little (a lot?) whacked!

D2

Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hawkeye, I am so sorry about Fergus. It is very hard to lose a beloved dog. You are a wonderful Dad to him. I think animals have a great deal to teach us about grace and dignity in the face of pain and suffering. Animals teach us so much about love, too.

My very best wishes for a peaceful time in the next few weeks. Love, Elseware
Old 04-15-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
It is different, but not dead and meaningless. I do miss the emotional highs, but one
of my dogs I've had almost 14 years (hand fed from very young puppy I found under a log cabin on my farm)
has been slowly dying of congestive heart failure these past two days,
and I find myself totally in tears and able to feel this incredible pain pretty accurately.
No numbness at the moment, which is a strange relief. I wondered
if I would spend the rest of my life as an emotionless machine.

I can still hurt really well.

One thing I will say about going through this sober.
I've been able to be present with Fergus (my dog) more fully than I've ever been present
in an emotional situation ever in my life as an adult.
I always would take the edge off with alcohol before any time I had emotional trauma to face. Either right then or right after.
This time, I'm wading through with no panacea now or later.

It feels good. It really really hurts, but I see a part of myself emerging that never really grew up before.
There's truth to the statement about addicts being emotionally stunted in some ways I think.
I think it was easy to give Fergus a good life, but it has been much less easy to give him a good death. I feel I am doing my best to do that.

I don't think I could have done it while drinking--not like this.
Powerfully moving, Hawkeye. And your meaning is so well said. Extreme emotional hurt, deeply felt, can often enough become a vehicle for having a catharsis while we endure what life serves up for us time to time. I admire your courage while in obvious angst, Hawkeye.

Hope your days with your Fergus also bring some sense of comfort too as you also remember better past times with your dog. How awesome you found him under your log cabin!