Notices

I Drank After 11 Months.....

Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

The bartender knew my history & I was stumbling around drunk. Isn't there job to get me a cab & not ridicule me? Of course, I had money so I got served.
Maybe the bartender didn't like you and knew the best way to ruin your life was to get you good and drunk.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I do want to point out that bartenders have a legal obligation not to serve alcohol to customers who are already drunk... so for what it's worth, Justfor1 has a point.
Ahhh - never enforced and VERY difficult to prove. I've seen this kind of thing wind up in civil court but that's an entirely different story.

Last thought: I've never come across an instance where someone is on a "do not serve" list because the bar owner is trying to help them stay sober. It has always been because they're obnoxious or trouble makers when they drink - or they've stiffed the place for money.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

If you are on a "Do Not Serve" list...why would you even go into the place?
unless it is a specialty eating establishment (famous ribs, pizza, etc).

It's not like they appreciate your company.

JFO, you drank, you can't change that...but you can stop it and help yourself. I hope you have a better day tomorrow, get a shower and get some sleep.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Why is it that I have to accept 100% of the blame? I'm surprised no one has asked me if I drove drunk yet. I'm sure if I continue to drink then that will eventually happen. A part of me just doesn't care anymore. I'm a unemployed drunk & drug addict. I have detoxed over 20+ times in hospitals the past 10 years. I've been incarcerated in county jail for months at a time. I think I not only hurt myself but society as a whole.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some of us are just too smart for our own good I think Just.
Hope you figure out - I really do wish you the best

D
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Not much sense in wandering down the lonely road of misery but if that is what you want at this moment in your life who are we to judge? But yet, you are posting on a website for recovering addicts and you can't possibly expect us to say "Drink up Man, Drink Up!"

Ultimately though, no matter what you think you are solely responsible for your actions. No one put the bottle to your lips but you.

I hope you second guess your current outlook and come back to sobriety. You rebuilt yourself so much over the last year. Why tear it down now? reconsider your actions Buddy before it is too late.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Why is it that I have to accept 100% of the blame?
When you can answer that for yourself, you will be back on the road to recovery!

Good luck to you!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
When you can answer that for yourself, you will be back on the road to recovery!

Good luck to you!
Thanx. I remember you as a long time poster.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Does this mean that you are just going to give up and be an alcoholic in jail?

You KNOW what you need to do. You are so stubborn.

And why is it ANYONE'S fault but yours that you got drunk? You did it. You need to be in therapy.

I am sorry. I feel like being honest here.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

i know a woman that went through detox 11 times and in rehab 7. when she died, she had 7 years of sobriety( yes, she died sober).
dont quit quitting.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
Does this mean that you are just going to give up and be an alcoholic in jail?

You KNOW what you need to do. You are so stubborn.
No, I know I need to sober up. I remember you. Another long time poster. I always related to ya.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ya know ya need to, now do ya want to get sober?? i gotta lotta hope for ya. if ya need some, take some of mine.PLEASE!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

In the late stages of our drinking, the will to resist has fled. Yet when we admit complete defeat and when we become entirely ready to try A.A. principles, our obsession leaves us and we enter a new dimension -- freedom under God as we understand Him.

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 283

I am fortunate to be among the ones who have had this awesome transformation in my life. When I entered the doors of A.A., alone and desperate, I had been beaten into willingness to believe anything I heard. One of the things I heard was, "This could be your last hangover, or you can keep going round and round." The man who said this obviously was a whole lot better off than I. I liked the idea of admitting defeat and I have been free ever since! My heart heard what my mind never could: "Being powerless over alcohol is no big deal." I'm free and I'm grateful!

this could be your last drunk,too!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
~sb

Just, all we can do is keep trying.

Hugs
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I have the right medication so I will get sober again. I'm ashamed of myself. I thank everyone for posting though.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Don't be ashamed. We have all been there, we are alcoholics.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Shame sux, I am a veteran of that battle. It really really didn't help in those days of early recovery. I really wish I had an easy antidote for you. But I found the hope I needed in those first three steps and I felt like I had a way out of that shame, and it turns out I did... You do too, try to cultivate your trust in your higher power and then don't drink and get the hell out of your own way.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
No, I even blame the bartender who knew I should not be drinking.
This means that you've been talking to that bartender during your run at sobriety. Which probably means you've been hanging out in that bar. Not sure what you expected. Get yourself together, brush yourself off, and try again. One of the things AA likes to do is say "okay you are back to Day 1" - that's all just a mind game. You've had one bad day in 11 months, if you put that in perspective it's pretty damn fine. You're not "starting over" now. You just struck out by swinging at a bad pitch. Even Ty Cobb struck out a few times. Stop the pity party and get your ass in gear, soldier! You can do it. Look forward, have faith, be positive!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Of course. That's what alcoholics to. But the relapse is all on you. No one else.

And it will also be on you if you choose to give up on recovery. I hope you reconsider.

I follow the AA program, and I may be wrong...or word it wrong, but the relapse is not on us, but on king alcohol.

Alcohol decides for us.

Our alcoholism decides for us...our untreated alcoholism...

Choice is talked about in the big book.

There comes a point where we have no mental defense...no choice...driven to drink...we succumb.

Don't blame yourself.

I don't know if you follow the AA program, but it might be interesting to read the book to see what it says about choice and drinking again.

Never give up.

Fall down 7, get up 8.

Oh...one more thing...I learned tonight from Don M....today's speaker of the day posted on alcoholism 12 step forum...

I don't have to feel like I can make it, I have to take action, and I will make it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
This means that you've been talking to that bartender during your run at sobriety. Which probably means you've been hanging out in that bar. Not sure what you expected. Get yourself together, brush yourself off, and try again. One of the things AA likes to do is say "okay you are back to Day 1" - that's all just a mind game. You've had one bad day in 11 months, if you put that in perspective it's pretty damn fine. You're not "starting over" now. You just struck out by swinging at a bad pitch. Even Ty Cobb struck out a few times. Stop the pity party and get your ass in gear, soldier! You can do it. Look forward, have faith, be positive!
I object to the "mind game" comment.

I haven't found that AA likes to say okay you are back to day 1.

It's not in the book I read.

Just because we hear people say things, doesn't make it part of the program of recovery.

If we drink...the first day sober is day one. Day one of a new period of sobriety...no mind game...just truth.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really over squabbles right now, guys.....

This is the alcoholism forum - not everyone subscribes to the same ideas - and thats ok...

The important thing is we deliver help, support and the truth, as we each understand it....right?

D