Notices

I Drank After 11 Months.....

Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Well, I on day 2. I went back to the bar where I know the owner & told him what happened. Hopefully, she will get in trouble or fired for serving me. She knew I was a bad alcoholic & thought it would be funny to serve me I guess? Trying to get back on the sobriety wagon. Wish me luck.

You don't need luck. You need to stop drinking, stop blaming, and stop treating your alcoholism like a game. Please seek out medical help.

I hope you best --
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

The bartender knew my history & I was stumbling around drunk. Isn't there job to get me a cab & not ridicule me? Of course, I had money so I got served. I do know the owner will be angry with her because I was on a "don not serve" list behind the bar. I'm going to try to stay sober today but I'm currently digging around for change to buy a cheap beer.
If you don't care enough about yourself why should he really? You shouldn't have walked in that bar in the first place because you knew you were on a no serve list.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=wiscsober;3941079]You don't need luck. You need to stop drinking, stop blaming, and stop treating your alcoholism like a game. Please seek out medical help.

I did seek medical help & I did not see a Dr. for nearly a year. Maybe they should stop treating my mental illness like a game? I'm sure I will get service now though because I showed up my 9am therapy drunk & ranting/raving about the lack of services.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well, I on day 2. I went back to the bar where I know the owner & told him what happened. Hopefully, she will get in trouble or fired for serving me. She knew I was a bad alcoholic & thought it would be funny to serve me I guess? Trying to get back on the sobriety wagon. Wish me luck.
Unreal!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I blame my abusive childhood, my first girlfriend, beer commercials, the local drug dealer ect... Why do I have to accept 100% of the blame? I was becoming a "big shot" at the local AA club & was going to be celebrating a year. I was cut off from my anti-anxiety meds & I self medicated. That is the main reason. I put the blame on the horrible "free" mental health clinic that I attend.
So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us!

This is the how and why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work.

Perhaps there is a better way - we think so. For we are now on a different basis; the basis of trusting and relying upon God. We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves. We are in the world to play the role He assigns. Just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us, and humbly rely on Him, does He enable us to match calamity with serenity.

Putting out of our minds the wrongs others had done, we resolutely looked for our own mistakes. Where had we been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened? Though a situation had not been entirely our fault, we tried to disregard the other person involved entirely. Where were we to blame?

The head of the house ought to remember that he is mainly to blame for what befell his home
Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just, we know each other of old.
Honestly, I think you're just pissed off and looking for reactions now.
We're going around in circles.

Blaming everyone else for my problem robbed me of a solution.
If everyone else is the problem, how can I hope to fix it?

Accept the responsibility Just - it's the only way you'll move on from where you are.

thread closed.
D