Notices

help needed please

Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Scared of what exactly? Scared that you will be judged? condemed? branded an alcoholic?

Scared to get better? To not have this crutch to lean on? To live your life?

Ask yourself and tell us what you are scared of because I guarentee that someone here will be able to point out why you should be more scared of the rammifications you are going to face with continued drinking.

Do me a favor stand up, go to your front window, move the blind aside a little, look outside. Tell me, how far is it to the street where a taxi could be waiting? How far is it to the nearest door of your neighbors? Either one will know exactly where to take you.

That is all the farther you need to be willing to go right now. I am guessing it is no more than 100 feet, 30 steps, is all it takes.

Begin the ending of the misery you feel now.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Zee

Quote from Hypochondriac ... "Paddy, have you tried phoning drinkline? (0800 917 8282). This is a long thread to be drinking through and although the support on SR is really fantastic maybe it's a little too abstract. Maybe talking to a real person will help you make that first step. They can offer practical advice too. Please phone them x"

I am also on strong vitamin B and thiamine, even after liver damage. These are the main vitamins your body doesn't get when drinking alcohol. They are obviously useful for your situation, but no SOLUTION!

Nerve damage does not heal... I am testament to that, what I think you may have is bad circulation, I would also presume that your blood pressure is very high.

People on this site can only help so much, offer support etc, but you have been on this self-destruction course for a long time now... have you seen on some of the previous posts of ? ... this is frustration! ... it is UP TO YOU NOW! You may be scared but put it into perspective... YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!! Alot of people in this world are extremely ill and it is NOT THEIR FAULT! Think about it!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I don't think people would be saying the same thing over and over and over....If it wasn't in your best interest Paddy....Maybe they just want to see you live. I'm sure you are scared...I'm scared for you...But I think it's about time to face that fear and make a phone call...They can help you...We can help you when you get back...This is your Fricken Life you are talking about here...One phone call away.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Got some Vitamin B strong compound and thiamine, how do these help???

PB
im not a doctor. ask your professional medical carer. were not suppose to be even be giving medical advice here in the forum :S I'm just an alcoholic whose been through lots too but managed to get back up. Alcoholic questions and advice towards alcohol is all I can provide for a 7 month sober guy
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Paddy,

I really wish you'd get some help. Pains me to see you doing this to yourself.

You need detox. You need to see a doctor. You need to do it right now...before it is too late.

Call an ambulance.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Fear is an odd little thing, PaddyB...

My experience has been that when I am afraid to the point of becoming immobilized by that fear, the decision seems to get ripped out of my hands.

Staying in one place never solves a problem. The problem seems to fester until something gives. Life sometimes seems to have an uncaring hand when it requires change.

I firmly believe you will stop drinking one way or another. Whether it comes in the form of you walking under your own power into a medical detox unit, a treatment center, a meeting, or by being rushed into the emergency room on a gurney, I'm fairly sure its coming. It's pretty much up to you whether you walk out on your own two feet free from the grip of alcohol.

The way you are living right now is unsustainable.

What will it be, PaddyB?

Fxxk
Everything
And
Run -OR-

Face
Everything
And
Recover

I'd ask you to consider making a choice now, while under your own power, than to let the fates intercede. We can only offer support and help, but advice about what vitamins to take, or why we think you have numbness in your hand, is just a series of wild guesses on our part. It really is of no benefit to you.

I hope you find peace and make the right decision to stop the madness now. You've been given a lot of support and advice here, but it really is up to you to grab the life ring.

All my best....
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Where you at paddy? Still checking in I see from your like on wellwishers post. One of these days you will figure out that quiting drinking isn't the sacrafice but the best thing you could do in your life. If you want read the Thread posted by Terminaly Unique in Newcomers, entitled "how *EASY* is recovery?", if you haven't read that it might help. here is a link;
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

Hope that helps.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Paddy, I'm not sure what to say..I just wanna give my support to you and give you a ****{hug}}} I agree with all the other post about seeking out help!!.. Life is worth living for... please take care♥
Old 03-18-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well Sunday afternoon and crying me eyes out, keep busting into tears for no reason, a 43yr man, not looking for pity, just see people enjoying life outside and i have got to this state. i am not drunk and still having the tin every hour, life is crap and body will only take slips now. for any 1 looking to give up drinking like i did months ago, do it now as it does only get worse and Alcohol will always win. I shall return i have a bit of fight left in me!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Paddy, when I used to go on those long benders it seemed like the alcohol stopped working after a while. Only problem was I kept it up so the withdrawal wouldn't start in full force. It's a hell of a place to get stuck in, can't get drunk and can't get sober.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
Paddy, when I used to go on those long benders it seemed like the alcohol stopped working after a while. Only problem was I kept it up so the withdrawal wouldn't start in full force. It's a hell of a place to get stuck in, can't get drunk and can't get sober.
Yes tell me about it, i feel sober but body is battered, just Acid coming up and i only drink now to sleep, witch isnt real sleep. going to try some some later and hit the Vit intake and hope i ride this 1 out, i know i am in for a week of hell and i will go to the Er if i need to, just thank you all for all your input.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It's tough duty but ending it is the only way to end it, if that makes any sense.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
It's tough duty but ending it is the only way to end it, if that makes any sense.
Just hope i dont start seeing things and hearing Voices, and start fitting, i have to much reading up on detox, and horror stories, hope i get an easy ride as i wont be going back to this state once i am done.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Zee

Paddy hun, you know what you are feeling like now.. not nice is it! Just call the Ambulance... tell them the truth. Not sure how you look at the moment, but if you REALLY WANT TO DO THIS, quit hanging around, you are only 'prolonging the agony'!

We are all right behind you, remember that, we are all worried about you, remember that too! Take that first step... call someone!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

And the madness of Alcohol is i had a bleed on the brain, and had a coiling done in 2009 in which they go up from the leg into the head and fill the bleed from there and then a year later had more coils and a stent placed in the brain, from the leg. i think my fear is of die of this and Alcohol takes the fear away, its all about fear.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Why don't you throw in the towel and surrender Paddy?...You know where I stand on this...It's time to ask for some help.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Paddy, if all of us could be there with you we would. Just pretend that we are there right now and call a cab and please go. Please we are begging you to go.

We ALL love and care about you PaddyB. Please don't do this to yourself we need you.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Zee

I was scared $hitless when the ambulance came to take me away. All the kids playing in the street stopped to watch the 'sad lush' being covered by a blanket in a wheelchair.

I was scared in hospital for the first week... having my drain, having my feeding tube inserted. When you get THAT FAR, you will be scared, but as I said before... it all about prolonging the agony! IT GETS BETTER!

After a few days and getting used to stuff (the being looked after bit was VERY easy to get used to!) I started waking up actually smiling... having nice dreams etc

On a saturday night, I watched Casualty on the TV (UK version of ER, sort of) and because I was feeling OK I asked the nurses if I could go downstairs to the A&E department for some further 'real-life' entertainment. They said OK as long as I behave myself! (I was getting a bit of a reputation for being happy and cheeky!) So off I went... wheeling my trolly with my food in a drip bag... and sat on my own and watched the comings and goings. I get a bit nostalgic about it. I felt cared for, it was really nice!

What Im trying to say... you may be scared now... but it gets a whole lot better!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I was scared $hitless when the ambulance came to take me away. All the kids playing in the street stopped to watch the 'sad lush' being covered by a blanket in a wheelchair.

I was scared in hospital for the first week... having my drain, having my feeding tube inserted. When you get THAT FAR, you will be scared, but as I said before... it all about prolonging the agony! IT GETS BETTER!

After a few days and getting used to stuff (the being looked after bit was VERY easy to get used to!) I started waking up actually smiling... having nice dreams etc

On a saturday night, I watched Casualty on the TV (UK version of ER, sort of) and because I was feeling OK I asked the nurses if I could go downstairs to the A&E department for some further 'real-life' entertainment. They said OK as long as I behave myself! (I was getting a bit of a reputation for being happy and cheeky!) So off I went... wheeling my trolly with my food in a drip bag... and sat on my own and watched the comings and goings. I get a bit nostalgic about it. I felt cared for, it was really nice!

What Im trying to say... you may be scared now... but it gets a whole lot better!!!
I have read your post you posted here, didnt know you were taken away to ER (Hospital) was it really that bad?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Zee

Not ER, doctors emergancy referral. Yes it was very bad, but I AM on the other side of it and it DOES get better! You just have to put your twopence worth in it!