Notices

help needed please

Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Paddy, I'm not clear on what impact the appointment with the liver doctor plays in your starting to get yourself sober.

I could be wrong, but that shouldn't impact your admission to a treatment program, but is merely something that will check your liver out.

I've never heard of a diagnosis of liver damage to become eligible for a treatment program; that just doesn't make sense from a treatment perspective.

Physicals are good - before, during and after treatment, but it makes far better sense to stop the drinking sooner rather than later before damage can occur or become worse.

Getting sober is not a one-stop shopping experience. If it is taking ages to get in this program you have your sights set on, then that is not quite helping you, is it?

I mean, if I needed a car to get to work and keep the roof over my head, but the model I want is not available for another six months, does it make sense to not go to work for six months until my model becomes available?

You have to get to work, Paddy!

Zee's been quite a friend and has provided tons of links for you. I'd encourage you look into them.

All my best....
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the posts, what does it take to make the the call and get off to A and E, my alcohol brain is telling me i am go ok, does it sicking up blood to make the call x
Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what A and E is (not from your side of the pond).

If you're sicking up blood, the place to go is the Emergency Room of the hospital.

We don't need to be half dead to go to the emergency room; all we need to have is a health issue, and failure to keep food down, or throwing up blood is a health issue.

Would you consider going? Are you alright tonight? I'm very concerned about you.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wellwisher View Post
I'm not sure what A and E is (not from your side of the pond).

If you're sicking up blood, the place to go is the Emergency Room of the hospital.

We don't need to be half dead to go to the emergency room; all we need to have is a health issue, and failure to keep food down, or throwing up blood is a health issue.

Would you consider going? Are you alright tonight? I'm very concerned about you.
no not throwing up blood wellwisher x
Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Oh, good, you had me sweating there.

Can you tell me what A and E is?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Administrator

Accident and Emergency - English for ER

D
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Start today Paddy. Go to A&E. You are NOT ok. You are at death's door, with one good shot. I send you strength and love.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Zee

Originally Posted by johnny2times View Post
its free mate, nhs funded, they put you on sickness benefit for the whole time your there through detox/treatment...the housing/sickness benefits pay for it all (ive been through there myself)

ring the british legion mate, tell them your situation , they WILL help you with everything, they'll send a support officer to visit you for an initial assesment of needs then they'll get the ball rolling straight away and get you in a detox
I really don't think anybody is going to get through to Paddy any more.
I read this thread again last night from the start (took a long time!)
If anyone else reads this post today and have a few minutes... read it from the beginning... I need input, I'm running out of ideas here!
There's been so much support and help here... Johnny2times practically had it in the bag with the British Legion. Quote above ^^^

Still, nothing!

This is NHS. You are an ex-serviceman. 1 phone call.

You also have 7k. Thats enough for private detox with change in your pocket.

JUST EFFING PHONE SOMEBODY!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
AA member

Nobody can stop an Alcohoiic drinking.Everyone cares deeply about paddyb and wants to see him sober,but we cant do it for him.

All I can do for paddyb is offer to be there for him when and if he is ready to surrender until then I will detach with love.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Zee

Yes Heath, I think you are probably right.

Thought I could give it a last shot though.

Good luck Paddy, I guess its up to you now, but know that we'll be here when you need us xxx
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hey Zee, I've been following this too... it's a testament to the power of addictive reasoning/irrationality. I feel really sad reading this. Have been through this in real life with a friend who didn't make it.

Paddy, please choose a better ending to this story. Prayers for you.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Actually, Zee, I loved Johnny's referral as well, and note that he mentioned that the NHS would help Paddy get sick leave. I can't help but notice that the job recently lost may very well have been saved and Paddy would be knee deep in treatment by now.

But true to form, alcohol keeps taking from us until we either surrender and say "please help me" and do the work we need to do, or until some of us draw our last breath.

This saddens me beyond measure.

I hear a lot of talk about disease and addictive voices and lizard brains when it comes to our alcoholism, but all it takes is one moment of clarity to get the ball rolling.

God help PaddyB.....
Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....there is a lot of information and support on this thread.
Thanks everyone for shareing your concerns.

Paddy logged on yesterday ..did not choose to post
Y'all did your best....and now it's up to him to use the info

He may or may not wish to begin a new thread
We are getting redundant ..some members are upset..

It's time we let this one go...it's closed