Notices

help needed please

Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

I totally agree with everyone else.
I am being honest here with the pills the doctor gave you...I was prescribed those 5 years ago..it didn't stop the drinking...sadly even while taking them You have been talking about the pills for months BUT they are not a fix all. You have to want it and if you do then you will take the necessary action to stop this madness. You can stop the madness any time! In your case I think you need to go to the emergency room and tell them what you have told us. They see this every day and know what to do to bring you back to health. You are killing yourself; it can't get better when you continue the cycle of this binge. You obviously can not control your intake once it gets rolling since this "two beers before work" has turned into 40 days. I know how you feel; helpless...I was there..scared to death. I never thought I could stop..ever..but I did and if I did trust me...YOU CAN TOO!!! We are here to help you and are asking you to PLEASE go get the help that you desperatly need. Jump in that taxi and don't look back...just look forward to a brighter life without this poison. It's not worth it anymore!! Please check in and let us know how you are. HUGE HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not have to live like this anymore!!! YOU HAVE A CHOICE & YOU CONTROL THE OUTCOME!!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
I totally agree with everyone else.
I am being honest here with the pills the doctor gave you...I was prescribed those 5 years ago..it didn't stop the drinking...sadly even while taking them You have been talking about the pills for months BUT they are not a fix all. You have to want it and if you do then you will take the necessary action to stop this madness. You can stop the madness any time! In your case I think you need to go to the emergency room and tell them what you have told us. They see this every day and know what to do to bring you back to health. You are killing yourself; it can't get better when you continue the cycle of this binge. You obviously can not control your intake once it gets rolling since this "two beers before work" has turned into 40 days. I know how you feel; helpless...I was there..scared to death. I never thought I could stop..ever..but I did and if I did trust me...YOU CAN TOO!!! We are here to help you and are asking you to PLEASE go get the help that you desperatly need. Jump in that taxi and don't look back...just look forward to a brighter life without this poison. It's not worth it anymore!! Please check in and let us know how you are. HUGE HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not have to live like this anymore!!! YOU HAVE A CHOICE & YOU CONTROL THE OUTCOME!!!!!
Hi Peeps
Went to the ER room 3 weeks ago and they just stuck me in a room, i was wearing only a dressing grown and slippers, i was left there for an hour before i walked out and came home, always could control my drinking, but last 6 months since the brain op, its just got worse and worse, its as if i want to drink me self to death, chain smoking and chest is in a bad way
so why do post here, some thing in me want to live
Old 02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Hey Sweetie,

You have got to WANT to do this! It took me four hours to see a doctor yesterday, wait and get my medicine but guess what?!? I now have a much brighter future ahead now. What is four hours compared to 45 more years and getting to watch my girls grow up?

Do you have any family or friends that could wait with you at hospital? Shoot, where do you live? I'll come wait with you!

Do you want to get better Paddy?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vichloe View Post
Hey Sweetie,

You have got to WANT to do this! It took me four hours to see a doctor yesterday, wait and get my medicine but guess what?!? I now have a much brighter future ahead now. What is four hours compared to 45 more years and getting to watch my girls grow up?

Do you have any family or friends that could wait with you at hospital? Shoot, where do you live? I'll come wait with you!

Do you want to get better Paddy?
i live in Basildon Essex and pushed me sister away 3 weeks ago as keep drinking, and she gave up, went to a AA meeting when drinking and drank also in the meeting (toilet) what a ***** i am
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Paddy, at the very least can't you get someone to stay with you? The beer will only help control the withdrawal but your body is wanting to detox. You're going to reach a point where you won't even be able to keep the beer down, then what?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
i live in Basildon Essex and pushed me sister away 3 weeks ago as keep drinking, and she gave up, went to a AA meeting when drinking and drank also in the meeting (toilet) what a ***** i am
Call someone from the AA. they will understand. We are not perfect and some day we all need help, addicts or not.

Or go to a church. Someone there will understand all God's children are loved. There is help out there if you will only accept it!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
Paddy, at the very least can't you get someone to stay with you? The beer will only help control the withdrawal but your body is wanting to detox. You're going to reach a point where you won't even be able to keep the beer down, then what?
back 2 i all ways throw up on a daily, want eat food, as this fills the room in the stomach for beer, i didnt think i had a prob as didnt drink strong beer on cider or spirits
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

When you're throwing up on a daily basis like that it means your body is rejecting the beer. As your blood alcohol levels start to change (drop) the detox will start to kick in. It's very dangerous doing that alone, at least if someone was there they could get help if need be.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can give you all the advice in the word but you have to do this, Paddy - you have to go and get the help - whether it's the hospital, a dr, rehab, or AA.

I'm rooting for you man - don't let this thing win.
Do something.

D
Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ya...I don't know what else to say Rory...now's as good a time as any to quit. Why not do something good for yourself for a change?

This is make or break it time.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
Ya...I don't know what else to say Rory...now's as good a time as any to quit. Why not do something good for yourself for a change?

This is make or break it time.
Why o why do i keep coming to the site, if i am still drinking?, the date the last post was 19/02/2012 and if i stopped would have been in a better place than now. went to my doctor last night and all he said was take the tabs and anti depression and wont, so scared, had to ask him to check me liver, he had a feel and wasnt to bothered and also had to ask for blood pressure to be checked 140/100 and all he said was thats ok and stop drinking lol
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey paddy how you doing.....names shaun .....over near *******.

thanks for sharing all that......made the hair on my neck stand up.
because it sounds like me a while back...De-toxing is pretty rough.
Sounds like the doctor has given you some librium to combat the effects of alcohol withdrawal.....

Where are u at with it at this moment..?..........are you drinking 24/7 and are you taking the meds ?....
Do you have a local drug and alcohol support agency ?.......normally these days, that is the route most go to receive a hospital detox......normally a week or two in hospital where you can be detoxed under medical supervision .

im around for a hour or so .......
Old 03-09-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
instant

Paddy it sounds like things have taken a turn for the worse. Just show up at a hospital and ask for help to get detoxed. It will be hard to come from where you are without help. I know how much you have tried, and you have kicked some goals along the way. I know there can be many more, but not if you are drinking.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shaun00 View Post
Hey paddy how you doing.....names shaun .....over near *******.

thanks for sharing all that......made the hair on my neck stand up.
because it sounds like me a while back...De-toxing is pretty rough.
Sounds like the doctor has given you some librium to combat the effects of alcohol withdrawal.....

Where are u at with it at this moment..?..........are you drinking 24/7 and are you taking the meds ?....
Do you have a local drug and alcohol support agency ?.......normally these days, that is the route most go to receive a hospital detox......normally a week or two in hospital where you can be detoxed under medical supervision .

im around for a hour or so .......
Hi Shaun

Yeah drinking 24/7 and not taking the tabs, its like a shift patten now, up 4 hours sleep 2 hours and cans of beer in between, i know i am a lost and cant seem to get out of this mess, been 8 weeks of pure drinking now.see i live on me own and just curtins are closed all day, to be honest i am so sick of this life, and what Alcohol as done to me, is there a way out and return from here??? i am sick 2-3 times a day and just bring up what i have drank an hour ago etc and bloated. on the up side i weight 15 stone so may be that helping.

Hi Instant

Wow if only i stuck with my June date
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I live alone as well and have gone through periods where all I did was drink, vomit, pass out and drink. I am making today my quit day (again) hopefully you will choose to do the same. That is no way to live man, I hope you find your way out of it.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
I live alone as well and have gone through periods where all I did was drink, vomit, pass out and drink. I am making today my quit day (again) hopefully you will choose to do the same. That is no way to live man, I hope you find your way out of it.
Hi Bud

People all around still thinks its depression and wow i cry when i talk about the hole i am in, in even cry in AA meetings, a 43 year man who is off work, now been 8 weeks and time running out on that 1. this has got and will stop sick of it
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yep paddy, was in the same situation.....drink, sleep, drink sleep......tried to stop on my own ....consumed with the terrors etc..
Mine progressed further....lost the flat....ended up on the street for a couple of years...prisons, hospital, and mental health wards.

In the end, hospital was necessary, for medical withdrawal from alcohol ....it can be dangerous to stop abruptly .

First strong suggestion,......phone AA help line and ask for help....ask if there is someone that will visit you with a view to getting you to a meeting....You may be an alcoholic .

Second strong suggestion....phone you local drug and alcohol support agency......this is the route in this country to get guys like you into hospital and detoxed....under medical supervision.....they may come out to visit you.

i presume your doctor advised you NOT to drink on those meds..?.....i would strongly advise you don't until you've spoken to the quack.....booze and pills is a really really bad combination...just be honest with the quack.

let me know how you do..........private message me any time......be happy to help in anyway i can....
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Bud

People all around still thinks its depression and wow i cry when i talk about the hole i am in, in even cry in AA meetings, a 43 year man who is off work, now been 8 weeks and time running out on that 1. this has got and will stop sick of it
drinking yourself to death would make anyone depressed. feeling screwed up in a screwed up situation dosen't make you screwed up, it makes you human.

there has to be one key for you to succeed. a want to be sober more than you want to be numb.

there's an American movie called "Castaway" with Tom Hanks that I love. it's about a guy who's stuck on a deserted island and can't get over the tides to get home.

when i was detoxing, I watched that movie and there was a part in it i'll never forget, and really motivated me to fight through the withdrawal.

metaphorically, it drew such a parallel depiction of what i was going through in me being totally alone in detox, i have it painted on my studio wall as a reminder of how lonely and sad i felt going through that horrible detox.

"We both had done the math. Kelly added it all up and... knew she had to let me go. I added it up, and knew that I had... lost her. 'cos I was never gonna get off that island. I was gonna die there, totally alone. I was gonna get sick, or get injured or something.

The only choice I had, the only thing I could control was when, and how, and where it was going to happen. So... I made a rope and I went up to the summit, to hang myself. I had to test it, you know? Of course. You know me. And the weight of the log, snapped the limb of the tree, so I-I - , I couldn't even kill myself the way I wanted to.

I had power over *nothing*.

And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing.

And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you. I have ice in my glass... And I've lost her all over again. I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
i just thought i'd share that with you because it was really powerful for me. i hope you find your way to longterm sobriety soon.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
drinking yourself to death would make anyone depressed. feeling screwed up in a screwed up situation dosen't make you screwed up, it makes you human.

there has to be one key for you to succeed. a want to be sober more than you want to be numb.

there's an American movie called "Castaway" with Tom Hanks that I love. it's about a guy who's stuck on a deserted island and can't get over the tides to get home.

when i was detoxing, I watched that movie and there was a part in it i'll never forget, and really motivated me to fight through the withdrawal.

metaphorically, it drew such a parallel depiction of what i was going through in me being totally alone in detox, i have it painted on my studio wall as a reminder of how lonely and sad i felt going through that horrible detox.

i just thought i'd share that with you because it was really powerful for me. i hope you find your way to longterm sobriety soon.
love the ball Wilson, it is also 1 of fav Films and thank you
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hi Bud

Dig in deep man and find the stones to free yourself. If I remember right about your drinking level you are going to want to get some help, I know that I can handle my withdrawls but you may want to look into the hospital or at the very least have someone check in on you from time to time. If you are worried about people "finding out" don't tell them why just ask them to check on you every hour or so. that way if something bad happens they can get you to the hospital. I know that I have called it quits because I finished off 13 liters of beer in two nights and still went to work in the mornings. That is crazy and I know it.

The last time I took vacation I stayed drunk for 12 days drinking the whole time I was a wreak after. Aren't vacations supposed to relax you? They can't if you are living like that.

I really hope you find the strength to sort yourself out and seriously consider getting help doing it, as from what I have read on here comming off it can kill you.