Notices

The Bar Got Me Yesterday

Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

On the offchance that you are not trolling I'll just say... I hope you find some clarity soon.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm just not a spiritual person. I know AA is not religion it's spirituality & I believe the other poster was secretly urging me for "the solution". So I made a sarcastic response. I'm tired of drinking and drugging and serious about stopping. I know enough about me to realize what does and does not work. AA is a wonderful program that helps millions round the world, there are even meetings in remote locations on the face of this Earth! I know the program works if you work it. I just don't want to work it. I don't want to cause a debate. I'm too tired for that.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

you can ban yourself by never going there again. the things you listed... as reasons to not be able to go to an aa meeting are almost as humorous as your reasons for asking to be banned from a bar. you don't have to go to AA necessarily but if you want to get sober don't make excuses.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Just remember Ana, you can never enforce your own resolve trying to affect other people's actions. You still will only be responsible for your own, there will be another bar, another store, another friend with a 30 pack to kill. It is ultimately going to be hinged on the moment when you decide for you that it is time to take care of you.

Put down the bottle for good and proclaim to yourself, no more...
Old 11-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
It's like all these lawsuits from fat people with heart disease suing McDonalds for their choices.

If you want to quit, and stay quit.. there's ways to do that.

I stopped hanging in bars when I quit drinking.. makes absolutely no sense to me to go to a bar to hang out and not drink. I'm sure Joe likes his tips from you, but couldn't care less about a friendship with one of his drunk patrons.

My counselor once told me a really easy way to quit drinking.. was to stop buying liquor, stop going to places where liquor is sold, and to stop accepting any free drinks. Amazing logic, eh? The rest is the hard stuff, if and when you're ready.
But...what if you love doing karaoke?
Old 11-13-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Kristin

Originally Posted by hbsocal79 View Post
The honest truth is, I simply can't trust myself yet. I need to work on keeping myself away from situations that could lead to situations, that could lead to situations, where I could drink.
You got that right babe:ghug3
Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by polaris View Post
But...what if you love doing karaoke?
You buy a karaoke machine and invite friends over for a non-alcoholic party. Or...you put the karaoke on the back burner until you have a firm foundation of sobriety under your belt, like a year or more.

You can always find a loophole where you can try to justify drinking. The bottom line is how badly do you want recovery?
Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You can always find a loophole where you can try to justify drinking. The bottom line is how badly do you want recovery?[/QUOTE]

I'm good at finding loopholes. I've been doing it my whole life. Perhaps thats why I will never get sober?