Notices

Embarrassed...

Old 11-30-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I like what Keithj posts. Keithj you are the real deal man. Debs. I detoxed in the rooms 13 years ago. Under supervision of a recovery counselor. There were no rehabs who had room for me at the time. I lived through it. I actually sucked on oranges and ate honey JUST like Keith said! I also stayed at a homegroup where everyone there took turns keeping 'an eye' on me. I needed it. Detoxing off of booze is a serious matter. Reach out to us. We are here for you. Debs, if you don't mind, I am sending a prayer note out to my HP for you tonight. Hugs.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am rootin' for you too Debs. Reach out to people you trust. Perhaps a call to AA?

Mark
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Debs)))
D
Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
Last week, there was nothing on the table between us but a bottle, a loaded gun, and a Big Book. He couldn't quite decide which way he wanted to go. This week, there's a glimmer of hope and a trace of willingness to seek a spiritual solution.
This is the most inspiring thing I have read in weeks. Thanks so much Keith... We all have stood at that turning point, I am glad I chose the big book...

Debs we are all pulling for ya girl... I KNOW you got this in you... reach out do whatever you need to do... You can't imagine how grateful you will be... just do the next right thing

Clayton
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Debs
I have a feeling that you are going to do it - live that wonderful life that sobriety and recovery can give us! If I could do it, through AA and God's grace, well it shows just how powerful that combination is, cause I was HOPELESS!!! Now, I love my life...
You got the number, phone it, get someone to pick you up for a meeting, yourl life can start over NOW!
We're here for you!
Better yet there are people in real life, in person who want to be there for you to. I lvoed that post about all the things yeahgr8 tried before going to aa...I'd suggest giving it a try NOW.
cathy31
x
Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

"Its our struggles that define us, and the hardships we endure, your spirit can't be broken now, you've gone too far." We all have dark spots in our past, but it is how we deal with them today that makes us who we are tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

its a shame your big book never arrived, i ordered mine on my daughters credit card because i was also broke, she didnt mind tho as she wanted to help me, i found it a great help so i hope you'll be able to get another,
i tried for 5 years to get sober (after a 20 years of boozing)and thought everyone was sober but me, just couldnt understand why other people could recover but not me..
but eventually i started to get it, i have a feeling you will too,
Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

God. I'd forgotten how bad this sucks.

How can you forget something this horrible.

I'm hoping the worst of detox is over.. My body is pisssssssssssssed off at me!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by debs View Post
.How can you forget something this horrible.
Pg. 24, in italics. The book is available to read online. I'd give you the address, but you're obviously capable of typing, so it's there if you want it.

If you're feeling a little clear headed debs, like the worst is passing, the time is right now to get busy finding a solution. Not tomorrow, but right now. Call that number. Read the Dr.'s Opinion and the first three chapters, taking particular note of where it mentions powerlessness, insanity, hopelessness, and despair. Find all those parts in those pages and get an understanding of the utter hopelessness of alcoholism.

And admit to yourself that you're a goner. That there is nothing in the world that you can do to prevent taking that next drink. That you're going to drink again, despite your best efforts, and it's going to suck and be even worse than before. And that you are just going to keep doing it over and over and you're absolutely and completely f*cked.

And then reach out for the hand that is reaching out to you, in whatever form it takes, and grab on for dear life. It might feel like a flimsy reed at first, but your grip will transform it.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Absolute Evil

I have an audio copy of the big book in mp3 format if you or anyone else needs it.

It's on a CD, but I can probably upload it somewhere.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Awww Debs,

I really feel for you. Prayers sent via Next-Day Air. Reading about the hell you are going through has reminded me of my own hell I went through almost 6 mos ago. Yeah, Deb, I could have plagiarized all of your words in these posts and submitted it as my own.

We want alcohol but we cannot have it, cannot moderate it, cannot hide it. I tried all three and found myself miserable when I could not have it... obsessing for more when moderating it... and an ass trying to hide my use of it. After living in hell like you are now I did go to detox. Left my young kids and went. Tough times nearly 6 months ago

You know you want out but you havent found your way yet. Detox may help. Many things may help. Its pure hell to keep drinking as you know.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Absolute Evil

Public - Windows Live

The Big Book...
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Sending lots of strenght and good thoughts your way debs. Nothing is a failure if we are willing to accept it as a learning experience. I have been to tough times too before I finally managed to put down the bottle and I remember the utter despair and sense of weakness and failure oh too well. Don't give up, you can recover and get out of this hell. Hope you're safe, hugs,
S.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

How are you, debs?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks again yall.. I'm doing much better... finally got thru the worst of the detox...

Just completely wiped out now... sooo exhausted...

But I got out of the bed finally and made myself go to my family's today..

Was hard for me cos I'm embarrassed... truly just ashamed.. (imagine that!)..

But they were sweet and not condescending... was all too awkward tho I must admit...

My son's happy to see me well... Just had told him I was sick...

I really just absolutely loathe the evil stuff... it brings nothing but shame, sorrow, humiliation, pain, illness, and despair to my life...

I pray so hard that this is the last time.

Thanks for all the support. xx
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good for you Debs. I hope the same for myself as I try to taper off.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It can be your final de tox Debs....it's up to you.
Good to know your feeling better...
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sudz .....
Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum

Please read this link for info about de toxing
It's always wise to have an honest talk with
your doctor before attempting to do it alone

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 12-03-2009, 02:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Rockstar

And the thing about withdrawal is it can get far uglier the longer you persist in drinking - as one gets older, age can bring a whole new world of pain into it.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by debs View Post
I really just absolutely loathe the evil stuff... it brings nothing but shame, sorrow, humiliation, pain, illness, and despair to my life...
Debs, this is exactly the way I felt back on June 22 of this year. That's the day I decided that I was the only one who could turn it all around. Since then, all of those things have gone from my life. I truly believe that my recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. It takes hard work and lots of determination, but YOU CAN DO IT!