Notices

It's Do or Die about Your Alcoholism

Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i'm sorry for your negative impression. as for myself, I am only defending myself. I'm sorry. we aren't really this hostile, but the original poster has upset many of us.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I know you're defending yourself, I can see that, and fair enough.

Some of the comments were shocking, insulting and uncalled for. I think most people agree on that.

*hugs*
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Savage I understand what you are saying. if I were new to these boards, I too would be feeling quite uncomfortable. I took part in this thread and some of my responses were immature and over the top.
I was angry over the thread and felt as if I needed to get my word in. In hindsight it helped none of us.
I appoligize to you Savage! I wish you wouldn't have had to walk in on this.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks Toomutch...

I don't mean to sound fragile or something, I'm big enough and ugly enough to handle it... lol...

I have spent a lot of time reading on this forum and can very much see this thread is an exception rather than a rule so no worries there.

I can also see people trying to reason with Tomas without being personally insulting... what shocked me is the intensity of his vicious replies... and unfortunately that brings out the defence mechanism in people so of course fists will fly. I would fight back too!

Sadly, the personal attacks need to be ignored... we need to try hard not to sink to levels we wouldn't normally sink to... easier said than done when provoked... but this site is such a great site, it's nicer to see the many other threads with supportive attitudes and diplomatic critisms.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

thats not my experience
my friend in AA when I was new,was Jim from Ohio
he was blunt to me
he loved me enough to tell me the truth
I mistook it for arrogance-it hurt my little feelings
today I see it was truth and real love for me
but then my mind was like a little child's and the truth offended me
today it sets me free,and I am grateful for Jim
It took that at the time to cut thru the thick shell of self will and get down inside me where it needed to be so I could get better and live.There was a time for a 2x4 and a time for a pat on the back,Jim knew what to do when it was nessacery

Originally Posted by least View Post
The '2x4' method of teaching only instills fear of the teacher. I'm glad I'm not your child.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Let's chill [lease

From our SR Policy Rules and Posting Forum

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun on or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Thank you