Notices

stopping

Old 08-16-2003, 03:28 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Chy

Weibe,

So how did you do today? Under 10 I hope, keep up the progress, your all most there! Can't wait to see you post your first 24 hours!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:24 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Chy, ya, tasting little chunks of sobriety, and they taste good. Smelling the roses 3 mornings this last month. I'm trying to scramble the "habits" and bring the physical addiction level down to a managable level. Once this is done (fairly soon) I'll be posting the first full 24 hours, and soon after that the first 7 days. Can't wait.
Something completely different. The city I live in has 30,000 people and hasn't had an AA presence for many years, but it has been around for more than 700 years. If you (or Don, or Moot, or anyone reading this) would like a few pictures old churches, or the city wall and stuff, just e-mail me and I'll send some.
Thanks,
Wiebe
Old 08-17-2003, 08:34 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Weibe,

I was doing a search yesterday to find out about AA in your area... well needless to say I don't read Dutch! But was looking at the map of Holland and trying to see were you were at. So yes, I'd love to see pic's of your area. You can find my email in my profile, looking forward to it!

Last night I picked up my 3 month chip and asked everyone to keep you in their prayers as I am probably one of the only ones in my group to have an online fellowship. They thought it was amazing that I participate on this forum and I was trying to help a fellow alcoholic in the Netherlands... they asked me to tell you to keep making progress and believe in yourself! And you are going to be in their prayers. Today at my ladies meeting one of the old timers asked about you and wanted me to keep her updated on your proress. She was in awe that I can have a freind on the other side of the world in recovery I have not met.

Sobriety is just around the corner *hugs*
Old 08-18-2003, 11:48 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Don your pics are sent, and Chy, yours are on the way. Congradulations on the three months. After I get my little problem under control I expect (and hope) to be helping people all over the place too. Thanks for the support. If the pics don't come over right, let me know and I'll send from a more modern machine (I usually use my old Mac). The last few days I've been drinking coffee at different times to break the beer rythem. Thanks for checking for AA here but I know there are no meetings in this city, I've checked for years and I speak the language so I would know. Thanks for checking though.
Wiebe

Last edited by wiebe; 08-18-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:46 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally posted by wiebe lemstra
Don your pics are sent, and Chy, yours are on the way. Congradulations on the three months. After I get my little problem under control I expect (and hope) to be helping people all over the place too. Thanks for the support. If the pics don't come over right, let me know and I'll send from a more modern machine (I usually use my old Mac). The last few days I've been drinking coffee at different times to break the beer rythem. Thanks for checking for AA here but I know there are no meetings in this city, I've checked for years and I speak the language so I would know. Thanks for checking though.
Wiebe
Got'em, Wiebe, thanks! What a beautiful place you live. I got pictures from a "sobriety friend" in Finland a year or so ago, and I've corresponded with folks all over this country, in the United Kingdom, and Australia and Canada.
The goal of sobriety knows no boundaries!
I'm off camping for a few days. Take care, Wiebe, drink less each day and maybe you can go for 24 hours free -- next week?
Don S
Old 08-19-2003, 02:34 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Weibe, could I have a copy of the pics?

[email protected]
Old 08-20-2003, 05:54 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hey Don, have a great time.
Moot, your copy of the pics was sent, and Chy yours came back. I'm sending you a couple at a time now. If that doesn't work I'll ask skyisfalling online. We will succeed. For the rest, it's lots of coffee here at different times of the day. The shaking during the day is managable, but the last evening and night without was kind of scary. Like the start of an epilepsy siesure everytime I almost droped off to sleep. This shouldn't be happening with the reduced consumption of the last months. It's as if the alcohol knows it will be removed and wants to show me who's still the boss.
Reading Carol"s thread is inspirational. Lots of you have been in even worse shape than I was a few months ago, and still managed to quit. Amazing, and a respectfull tip of the hat to those who posted. I think of little else than being able to post on a thread like that. The day is coming.
Wiebe
Old 07-03-2004, 02:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Paused

wiebe, Welcome to A.A. on the internet. I only found this site 4 days ago and this is the 1st. thread I have posted. Read all the messages. I had a real problem sobering up too. All I can suggest is try to stay busy, it will help keep your mind off drinking. The book and people in this program are worth more than money can buy! I listened to what you said about having to be completely physically broken in order to quit. I was getting close but they told me that "some people get off the elevator before it reaches bottom". That stuck in my head. Don't give up no matter what happens! Look forward to meeting you. Luv ya, Wayne(bingo457)
Old 07-03-2004, 10:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Wow, there's a thread from the past! Hi, Wayne! This is a general alcoholism forum. For a forum just on AA, try this link:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=21

Don S
Old 07-04-2004, 08:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Chy

So since it's been brought to the top how are ya doing Wiebe?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:34 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Paused

Threads

Not exactley sure how these Threads work, but Weibe sent me a reply via email to a message I sent him! Only jouned thid Forum 6 days ago and look forward to getting the most out of it! Look forward to making new friends over the net. If not elseware, I'll see you guys at meetings! Wayne(bingo457)
Old 07-06-2004, 10:49 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi, Wayne!
This is an old thread, but that's not a problem. Probably the simplest thing to do is to start a new thread introducing yourself. Want someone here to do that for you?
Don S
Old 07-06-2004, 11:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Paused

Thread

Thank you, Don. Yes, please start me a Thread. I can,t figure this simple thing out! Look forward to meeting you! Wayne(bingo457) gottahavefun2026******.com
Old 07-07-2004, 04:27 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey Wayne, nice to meet you. If you had sent me an e-mail I would have responded but I didn't receive one from you. Any response you got back wasn't from me. If you do send me an e-mail I'll answer it (I always do) and in the meantime, welcome to the forum.

Chy, it's always great to hear from you! I'm feeling better by the day because I'm fighting harder every day. Gritting my teeth here for the next run at sobriety. I'm spending my time learning how to like gritting my teeth. Good books before sleeping and stuff like that.

Take care,
Wiebe
Old 07-07-2004, 12:15 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Chy

But your still better off my friend then where you were a year ago! Hang tough, stay determined, I know your going to get this right!

Those tomatoe's ripe yet?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

i just started my sobriety yesterday. my friend and i finish almost a handle of rum a night and the shaking withdrawls are just getting way too bad, im quitting cold turkey. i have a huge problems with sleeping and all i have are nightmares, its really scary if you could give me some advice/help it would be much appreciated.
mary
Old 09-09-2004, 05:56 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum Mary.You might want to check with a doctor about alcohol withdrawal,prefferably one knowledgable about alcoholism and addiction.

Withdrawal from alcohol can sometimes be risky and you don't want to take any chances.Let us know how it works out.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcom Mary!
As Peter said, it's wise to consult with a doctor.
Once you get through the withdrawals, sleepin will become easier, but takes time. Congratulations on your willingness to find a solution, it will get better, and we'll offer a bunch of support!