Notices

Lindsay Lohan

Old 07-26-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

All I'm saying is that she has all the resources she needs for treatment, and she chooses to be an idiot with it.
And I don't appreciate the rude comments after mine "Don't take someone else's inventory" - SPARE ME YOUR AA BABBLE!
Its so nice to know when I'm feeling depressed and upset I can come here and be made to feel even worse about myself!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fallgirl
sorry I made you feel worse.It was not aimed at you when I start getting dowmn on others Im setting myself up for a fall.She has all the resources for treatment but she may not be ready.When she is she should have same opportunity that anyone eles expects to have.This is just mho it dont carry much weight.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I DO feel for Lindsay to an extent but here are the two things I don't understand:

1. Why continue to drive drunk when you can well afford to have a chauffer or bodyguard drive you around? (not that there's any excuse for ANYONE to drive drunk regardless of how much money they make, but that seems senseless to me)

2. How come celebs can get DUI after DUI and not see much if any jail time? If I had 3 DUIs, I would be locked up for quite a while, as it should be.

That's just my humble opinion about it. I do hope she gets her life on track.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Daisy,

What celebs are you referring to? I honestly don't know any that even have 2 DUIs, other than LL.

Also I know several regular people with 2 DUIs and none have ever done jail time. I know a couple of regular people with 3 and 4 DUIs, and they have done jail.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh I really don't know, I am sure that Lindsay is not the only famous person to have that many DUIs. There probably is a way to find out if someone had the time and inclination to look it up. I guess the point I was trying to make is that celebs seem to get preferential treatment in the courtroom compared to just your average person.

As I said, a person with 3 DUIs should expect to do some jail time, but probably not with two or less. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Wow. When I get irritable, restless and discontented, my sponsor usually offers me a sippy cup or a fur lined toilet seat depending on how long it looks like I'm going to sit in it.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi,

I just feel very sorry for Lindsay !! Not much more to say about that really. All that money and "success" can probably get her the best treatment, but it doesn't seem as though Lindsay is ready yet !! I am so glad I don't live that kind of life... imagine, every mistake we do/have done... plastered all over the news. I have a hard enough time knowing that perhaps 10-15 people have seen me at my worst. Imagine the whole WORLD knowing about it !!!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mpr View Post
don't feel sorry for her she has all the money in the world...
WOW!

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
I do not feel sorry for Lindsay at all... wealthy women
... and WOW!

Originally Posted by BP44 View Post
I do not pity her ... wealth, fame etc.
and more WOW!

Originally Posted by THE KING View Post
she has all the money in the world...
what else, WOW!

Originally Posted by FallGirl View Post
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She obviously has a problem, and she has all the money in the world ...
and, again, WOW!!

So, to quote NOLONGER - A bit of human and fellow-alcoholic sympathy might be in order. This is unbelievable guys!!!, really.

If some poor drunk (one of us) came here with a sad story we would be offering prayers all over the board. But, one apparently seriously sick young woman - suffering from the same illness as mosts of us gets kinda cruel comments based on her wealth...

One big WOW!!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Um, I thought I made it clear that WEALTH did not play into my lack of PITY. I do not pity the suffering alcoholic. That does not mean I don't have compassion for the suffering alcoholic. When I got here I didn't need pity, I needed the solution. What I got was understanding and direction. There are plenty of places one can go for pity. I have not found AA to be one of them.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

wozzek it's a shame you only qouted 6 WORDS of my post when you have access to treatment that 99.9% of people can even come CLOSE to getting and you throw it away why the hell should we feel sorry for someone like that?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

BP44-

Go look up the word "pity" on dictionary.com. The words sorrow and compassion are used in defining it, and compassion is listed as a synonym.

I agree 100% with wozzek, I am amazed by the attitude towards LL just because she has fame and money.

She has the same disease I do, and she deserves the same compassion/pity/sympathy/however else you choose to word it, even if she has money and fame.

King-

You feel sorry for her because she is suffering. Its that simple. Many people may say "its her own fault", but she didn't want this any more than any alkie/addict on this board.

To be honest if I had her money I would have probably been dead by now.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
To be honest if I had her money I would have probably been dead by now.
I am pretty darn sure I'd be on the wrong side of the grass.

In my world, I never got involved with drugs, but in her world, they're laying around like nut trays at Christmas.

Does she suffer any less than I?

Ted
Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Here's what I would like to "imagine" I would do if I were LL or someone similarly situated and had all the time and money in the world..I would first check myself into rehab for as long as it took to get well, use my newfound knowledge to maintain a program of sobriety, take a very long trip to far off, mysterious places and perhaps make an effort to spend time with people who are less fortunate, throw my money around a bit to try and help some folks out, and maybe make some authentic new friends who wouldn't try to drag me back out to the clubs as soon as I was back in town. Yes I think that is what I would do, of course I'm great at figuring out how I'd live someone else's life, now if I could just figure out my own....
Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Who's to say she hasn't or wont find this very forum we all did.I think it would be a shame if she stumbled onto here and foumd people thought because she had money she wasn't welcome.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

it would be a shame if she stumbled onto here and foumd people thought because she had money she wasn't welcome.
Bingo BV. You nailed it.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I don't think anyone said she wasn't welcome. I think what some people said was that they do not feel sorry for her, and no one here is obligated to feel sorry for anyone regardless of who they are.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Not only that, but when I was partying and drinking I never wanted anybody's pity, especially when I already knew I had a problem and knew where to go for help.

I empathize with every addict who still suffers but I will not waste time with someone who is not ready for recovery.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ah, the dictionary, that's what I needed. Last night a wet drunk came to the meeting. She declared that she wasn't ready to quit. We could have all showered her with pity. Instead, the message was delivered that we understand and there is a solution and that she doesn't have to continue drinking and to keep coming back. I suppose instead of giving her a Big Book, a phone list and a meeting schedule we could have given her a dictionary.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend.
"This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done."
We avoid retaliation or argument. We wouldn't treat sick people that way. If we do, we destroy our chance of being helpful. We cannot be helpful to all people, but at least God will show us how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one.
We have begun to learn tolerance, patience and good will toward all men, even our enemies, for we look on them as sick people.
They took inventory all right, but hung on to some of the worst items in stock. They only thought they had lost their egoism and fear; they only thought they had humbled themselves.
Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code.
A little food for thought for all of us.

As some others have said, thank God this old drunk was not judged for his past or his present by those with the capability to help me. I would be on the street drunk right now.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Taz, stright from the book !!!! You Big Book Nazi you