Notices

Lindsay Lohan

Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I do not pity her if that is the question. Her circumstances, wealth, fame etc. do not play into that. I do have compassion for the alcoholic who still suffers. For that reason when asked to takes us out of a meeting I ask for a moment of silence for the alcoholic suffering in and out of the rooms and the one's who won't make it through the night followed by the Lord's Prayer. It doesn't matter where we come from or how we got here.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't feel sorry for anyone who drinks and drives..If you're going to drink...fine..Once you make a choice to risk innocent people's lives.....you deserve to be punished.Lock her up!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karrotop View Post
I don't feel sorry for anyone who drinks and drives..If you're going to drink...fine..Once you make a choice to risk innocent people's lives.....you deserve to be punished.Lock her up!
I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

no and why is the blue hell should I? she has all the money in the world and thus access to treatment centers I bet poeple on SR could only DREAM of going to (well I'm sure you guys would rather not have to go to treatment centers but I'm sure if you had the choice you'd like to go to ones the the ones she goes to)

if she IS going to do cocaine why is she driving? why not hire a driver? I'm sure they arent that expensive for her

as for the media pressure BOO HOO personally I'd LOVE to be as famous as her
Old 07-25-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm a little shocked at some of the responses here. A bit of human and fellow-alcoholic sympathy might be in order.

No matter how much money she has, she's a human being and an alcoholic. And she's barely more than a kid. Even if she can "afford the best treatment," what the hell difference does that make in terms of her experience of the illness?

And yes, she shouldn't drink and drive. But come on, everyone here has done some awful things in their drinking days. Empathy and understanding shouldn't be conditional on good/legal behavior - if it were, AA would not exist.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What would be even more shocking was if she were to run over some innocent bystander.Her childhood is over.She will have to learn now that irresponsible actions have consequences.The LL's of the world will get unconditional support and empathy from me when they exhibit a readiness to do something about their problem.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yea, gotta feel compassion.Just a thought--being in the public eye with all yer problems might make everything harder to take for some people--Im in a small town situation--all of my past behavior(hijinks,indescretions,idiotic behaviour) has been open for all to see(Makes It Tough).What about Hasselhof and his drunken video splashed all over the news?YIKES!--Buuutt.... Their lifestyle and resources can shure make things easier for them than average folk--So I can see both sides
Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't know how any alkie/addict could not feel for her, or anyone else with our problem. Yes, she has financial resources that 99.9% don't have, but I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I kind of do and don't.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
let it grow!

perfect example of people, places, and things...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't feel any more sorry for her than people did for me. I was an adult that made choices and had to deal with them. Lotsa' luck to her. I just wish she would stop disparaging the image of recovery, people now use it as a punch line. I was watching FOX News this am and when Lohan got the supposed "alcohol detecting" ankle band attached, her PR people called the press to let them know where she would be so they could photograph her with it.

Lame and pathetic.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

There is the temptation to think that if I had that much money I would never have gotten into the kind of problems I did or had a much better attitude about rehab and gotten my act together at an early age. Which is, of course, so much B.S.

I hope she gets the help she obviously needs before she does some permanent damage to an innocent bystander.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jbit View Post
I was watching FOX News this am and when Lohan got the supposed "alcohol detecting" ankle band attached, her PR people called the press to let them know where she would be so they could photograph her with it.

Lame and pathetic.
Saw it this morning on the local channel. She doesn't seem all that serious about it. She's just a kid who gew up all around that Hollywood sh!t, and she seems to be milking the attention for all it's worth. I hope she gets her act together before she does kill someone (or herself). What I find most disturbing is all the younger people that sort of look up to her.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She obviously has a problem, and she has all the money in the world to get treatment and help anywhere she wanted.
Do you know how many times I've wished for treatment? I have no money/insurance for anything, so the extent of my rehab has been 3 AA meetings - which doesn't cut it.
There's been times I've drove drunk to the store to buy more beer, and in the back of my mind - I'm actually hoping to get stopped by a cop, maybe then I would get some help.
It actually pisses me off when I think about it -
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I've done that sort of driving, too. At point, I almost thought about flagging a cop down, so I'd have to be forced into treatment.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

wow. thats sad for both of us - it's nice to know though I'm not the only one who did that
Did you ever go to treatment? Part of me wishes I could go - but I'm in school, about to start a new job.... I don't have the insurance or money to go anyway. I just feel like I need to get away from everybody and figure it out. oh well.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey this stuff can get anyone no matter how much money you got.I dont think we should be down on anyone who is caught up in this.Dont take someone eles inventory.I wish her the best as I do all of you I would try to help her or a skid row alcoholic if they asked me.I picked up 3 people tonight took me 30 miles out of my way. I feel great about what I did tonight.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

No Longer, I was shocked too. And the thought occurred that if this were the self righteous approach I had received when I walked through the doors, well, who knows, maybe I would have gotten number 9 and killed someone or myself. And therein lies the difference between online support and the real deal. Is this how the wet drunk is approached at your meetings? " They should lock YOUR ass up" Is that the approach? Now, I should have been locked up. Multiple times it turns out. But not once do I say what peril should happen to another suffering alcoholic. I just don't have that power. Here is where identifying with other alcoholics has been key. When I spent my time comparing my "already happened" list and my " hasn't happened list" with others, I constantly had a barrier to forward progression in recovery. It's in identifying that allowed me to get a handle on powerlessness and that takes honesty and willingness. And thank GOD my recovery doesn't depend on my material worth, or today with 2 dollars in my pocket and payday a day away, I might as well be looking for a white chip.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

king - I have MISSED you !!!

*why the blue hell*

I still don't know who the heck she is - or why anyone cares ...
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi,you ask,does anyone else feel bad for Lindsay Lohan?I do.I really feel for her,.Although she is experienceing the conquences of her actions,she continues to display the insanity of alcoholism.Why doesnt she get it?Looks like she hit bottom?Why doesnt she just stop----isnt that the milliar dollar question for every alcoholic.it was for me.The difference between her and myself,is she has money,lol,but more importanly all the world is watching her ever down fall.Hopefull she will embrace, help,and stick with it.I pray for her,like others prayed for me.