SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Lindsay Lohan (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/127062-lindsay-lohan.html)

mps101 06-25-2007 10:40 PM

Lindsay Lohan

I know, so random, but does anyone else feel bad for Lindsay Lohan? I feel like a bunch of the stuff she does I have done myself and I can't imagine having MEDIA coverage of it. That must make it so hard. Part of me appreciates however someone so gorgeous and well known also having the same problem I have. It's a sickness that doesn't discriminate.

Peter 06-26-2007 06:09 AM

Thank God Bruce Lee and Spider man never drank.

Lizrox 06-26-2007 06:23 AM

yep,

it must be hard for her.

Tazman53 06-26-2007 06:52 AM

A piece of me goes out to every addict and alcoholic out there still suffering.

fraankie 06-26-2007 01:30 PM

you know,
many times when i pray
"at the end
"i ask God to keep me sober one more day"
(i don't want to be greedy and ask for forever)
and, also
"to please bring someone into AA, recovery"
so
when i see a celebrity going into rehab
i know my prayers were answered that day

best
fraankie

parentrecovers 06-26-2007 01:35 PM

i just hope her mom and dad can get help too - they seem like a mess..

blessings, k

seekingpeace4me 06-26-2007 06:20 PM

I feel bad for her in that way, too. I felt lucky when I had my wreck that it was a big news day here and I didn't get on the news. A friend of mine was on the news after getting caught going the wrong way down an interstate. She claims to have been badly medicated for her bi-polar but think of how many people saw her on the news, she was on twice.

Everyone where I work now knows about my drinking and my DUI, and it is helpful but also really annoying at times. I work at a church that is set up for recovering people, got the job while attending an AA meeting there, and I suppose it has been helpful during this time of early sobriety. In my next job, I am going to be more careful of who knows that I am an A in recovery. Not that I am ashamed, but I don't think everyone out there lives in God's world.

mps101 06-26-2007 06:29 PM

No, not every one lives in God's world. It makes it harder...but it turns out (I've just recently found out) that many people do (for me this means compassionate and understanding people)! There is a well of understanding and advice here and in AA that I never imagined.

Taking5 06-26-2007 06:50 PM

I just read on the internet that Lindsay decided to stay in rehab. She has already been there a month. Here's hoping that she finds what she needs, along with all the other Alkies/Addicts still suffering.

GlassPrisoner 06-26-2007 07:19 PM

Yup, celebrity or not, if she has a desire to quit drinking........

nolonger 06-27-2007 01:13 AM

Yes, I do. Being an alcoholic is bad enough, but being one with half a million paparazzi chasing you must be unimaginable. But I wish she would take 'anonymity' a bit more seriously and quit talking about AA so publicly. Same with some others - I saw an interview with Ryan Adams where he was doing the same thing.

GlassPrisoner 06-27-2007 07:32 AM

But I wish she would take 'anonymity' a bit more seriously and quit talking about AA so publicly.
They don't know any better. I'm sure they don't have a clue about the 11th tradition.

barb dwyer 06-28-2007 12:48 AM

Which would make us about even - I don't know who Lindsay whoever is ...

I 'have' a tv ... it's just a better plantstand and not plugged in is all.

Taking5 07-24-2007 01:04 PM

News flash. Lindsay AGAIN this morning at 1:30am, DUI, cocaine possession, and driving while suspended. Now she's going to jail for sure.

What a powerful disease.

jbit 07-24-2007 01:14 PM

Not condoning her behaivor, but, why do celebs insist on driving? Rent a limo or have one of your entourage drive for crying out loud ... either that or just stop drinking and using. Preferably the latter.

daisy_j 07-24-2007 03:30 PM

Is it wrong for me to vent a small amount of frustration with celebs like Lindsay, who really never have to work another day in their lives if they don't want to, so they have unlimited time and resources to address their sobriety and stay focused without a lot of the day to day worries that most of us face. Of course on the other side of the coin, it certainly cannot be pleasant to be so closely scrutinized by the public and the media..there are stars who seem to handle their celebrity gracefully, I am not sure what has gone wrong with Lindsay but I sincerely hope she finds help and gets some peace in her life.

baggervance 07-24-2007 03:44 PM

I feel for her but no more or less than anyone else sure she has pressures I know nothing of but I have stuff she knows nothing of.Our commonality is we both deal with them the same way.

fraankie 07-24-2007 04:33 PM

isn't her father an alkie
who went to jail for doing the same stuff?

mpr 07-24-2007 04:51 PM

i personally don't feel sorry for her she has all the money in the world she can do whatever she wants, which includes access to the best treatment available...

Anna 07-24-2007 04:56 PM

I do not feel sorry for Lindsay at all.

She has to be accountable and I am so tired of seeing these young, wealthy women running around and ruining their lives.