Notices

And yet another thread...

Old 03-19-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Missminime I sure hope that you don't think that I said that AA was the only way, it's not, it worked for this old drunk, it works for most that work it, but that does not mean it is the only way out.

The founders of AA even in the Big Book mention other paths to sobriety and they both continued to search for other ways to sobriety.

Being drunks just like us they knew that there were more ways to get sober then AA and encouraged folks to try what ever way may work for them to get sober.

Missminime I know you are going through hell right now, I spent 10 years trying to quit, I hated my self, you are not alone, as you can see from this thread there are many others who have walked where you are walking now.

All I or any one else wants is to hear that you have found the help you need to get sober and stay sober.

I could care less what program you use or don't use, I just want to see you get better and I know you can.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Mini,

I am so very glad that you reached out for help.

That is HUGE!

Now just keep goin,

(((hugs)))

Ted
Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Minnie,

I'm so glad you're ok! You had me worried girl! You did the right by telling your parents. That is a major step honey. I'm proud of you.

Big kiss,

Philip
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by leeside View Post
Reasons not to drink!
lol, hm im not sure if you tried to be funny, i guess i missed the point in that case. Or if you just tried to be a smartass. If your point was that i should be embarressed from comming here crying for help when im drunk, im not. I posted cause i was drunk and needed help. I got lots of pms and mails and great support from people here (thank you so much, i think you all saved my life). All the comfort and support i got made me go talk to my parents about my problems and they will now help me through this. It can only get better from here so i wont regret those post for a second. If i was ashamed i wouldnt come back.

Im an alcoholic and i have a deep depression thats pretty much been going on my whole life. It wasnt me posting, it was my illness. Im sure alot of you know how it is.

So leeside i am kindly asking you to stay the hell out of my threads unless you have something helpful, kind, supportive to say. Or some advice. Casue thats why i am doing to you, and everyone here. Im staying away unless i think i can help or comfort.

The rest of you thank you (again) so much for your answers. Im feeling a lil better. Lost my new cellphone and i still feel a bit ill. Ye.. i had alot to drink. Im still not going to AA but i will see a doctor and a therapist. I have no idea what to say but i wont worry about that. He will help me get better and thats whats matters.
Im so excited about seeing a therapist, i cant wait to get everything spinning around in my head sorted out.

Im also quitting my job. Its a heavy job and not too well paid. Im moving back in with my parents who will keep and eye on me. I gave my vodka to my old roommate. No alcohol around me now. I will start to study. English and math first for 6 months. Then become a graphic designer. I will work with photoshop etc, computers and art - i will love it! Thought about it for a long time but it was just easier not to make big changes in my life. But i need it! I need to change my life cause this aint working.

Im already so positive. Im so reliefed that i finally told my parents and that i know that i will get help. Im sure it wont be easy, i will have my ups and downs, but this is a start. A good start. Lol i got tears in my eyes. you cant imagine how relifed i am.

Love you all. Thank you so much.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Minnie, I have tears in my eyes too.. You are making huge steps forward... I think moving in with your parents is a good idea, it sounds like they want to support you and you need that now.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

they do. i told them that i know that they love me but that i dont feel it. I told them such horrible things. That they messed my life up. I know my mom cant help it and she asked why i didnt came to them earlier and i said that i didnt want to hurt them. I know she is hurt, i know she blames herself even tho shes not showing it. I told them to see a therapist aswell. i dont want them to live with guilt. They agreed, even my dad. Hes Mr i-have-no-feelings-and-if-i-do-im-hiding-them-well.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I think perhaps this is time for all of you to start again. I am thinking good, positive thoughts for you today Minnie..
Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My wife cried the night I left for my first AA meeting. She blamed herself for not noticing that I had a problem. I told her not to blame herself and said that the only thing that would have changed was me hiding my drinking better. But just like your parents she supports me (every single step).

You are doing good sugah'!

As for Leeside,... I don't think he wanted to hurt your feelings. I think it's somekind of misunderstanding.

Keep going girl! I'm proud of you!

Big kiss,

Philip
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hope3

You rock minni, and you are so brave it makes

me want to cry for joy. With the determination you

have right now, I know you can and will do it...

I'm glad you are getting the help you need and

your parents are supportive, bless you, you are and

will be in my thoughts and prayers..hope3
Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Missminime I am so happy for you, now all that is left is for you to start getting better, you are on the right path, just keep in mind when talking with the therapist that the truth will set you free. The therapy will be good for your whole family and moving back in with your parents will put you in a better enviroment to stay sober.

HUGS to you!

BTW I don't think lee was being mean either.... but hey I have been wrong before.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Hush - I hope your wife realise its not her fault, it must be so horrible living with that guilt. And for no reason at all. Shes being supportive, she sounds great

Hope - Thank you so much. You are too kind.

Taz - Thank you, i think this is the beginning of the hell and everything can just get better. Beginning of a new life. Lol i know i sound too excited. I KNOW it wont be easy, but im so looking forward to everything that comes next. I thought i could make this alone, but im so glad i got support.

And about lee. I said i wasnt sure what the hell he meant. If he tried to be funny or.. what the fuss that comment meant. What i do know is that i come here for support, and to give support. For comfort and to give comfort. I try to stay away from other peoples threads if i dont have anything kind/helpful/supportive to say. Cause i think thats what people here needs.- I know i repeat what i just said but the language kindof holds me back a bit. Frustrating not being able to express exactly how i feel/mean like i could do in swedish. I wont let any negative comment get to me, cause i got so much positive respond wich helped me so much. Wich gave me strenght to ask for help. Im sure that saved my life, i was actually suicidal for the first time in my life.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi Minni, it was a huge relief for me when I admitted I needed help too. It is sort of liberating, a bit like the 'surrender' AA talks about. You are sounding really positive Minni, deservedly so!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Missminime I am so happy for you, now all that is left is for you to start getting better, you are on the right path, just keep in mind when talking with the therapist that the truth will set you free. The therapy will be good for your whole family and moving back in with your parents will put you in a better enviroment to stay sober.

HUGS to you!

BTW I don't think lee was being mean either.... but hey I have been wrong before.
I couldn't say it better than Taz, the hugs part to, hope3
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hope3

Good morning Minni, just wanted you

to know I'm thinking of you, and hoping

everything is going well, your friend in recovery, hope3
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hugs for you Mini, BTW do I still owe you some chocolate ice cream? LOL
Old 03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Thank you stone. We both rock!

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Good morning Minni, just wanted you

to know I'm thinking of you, and hoping

everything is going well, your friend in recovery, hope3
Thank you again hope. Im still doing good.. i had to make some minor changes in my plans. But im still positive. I still feel a bit ill.. like i still got a hangover. I think im a bit worried about huge changes in my life.

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Hugs for you Mini, BTW do I still owe you some chocolate ice cream? LOL
some? you owe me alot of ice cream!!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Good morning Minni, I'm off to work, and after that I have class, (experimental design) It's an ok class. Hope today is an ok day for you.

Just remember I'm pulling for ya......By the way, what do you like to do for

hobbies, or free time? One of mine is Photography. So I''ll post a pic just for you..

Hugs, hope3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Happy.jpg (24.4 KB, 869 views)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Minnie!!
How are you doing today? Good I hope. Did you get an appointment with the Doc yet? I STILL havent been to see mine yet. lol.
Minnie, I'm so proud of you girl. You are coming right along! Hugs!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Minnie, I'm so proud of you girl. You are coming right along! Hugs!!
Me too, I wonder how in the world I am going to ship all that chocolate ice cream to her and not have it melt!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Taz, we aint living in hell anymore, it wont melt!