Notices

Update on Steve

Old 03-23-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on Steve

Hello to everyone,

It has been a while since I posted, I wanted to say Hi to my SR family and let you know I am still alive and well. There were so many of you that were there for me in the past, I wanted to let you all know that I have not forgotten your caring and friendship, and I hope most of you are still here.

I still lurk here quite a bit, and find the stories of success very inspiring, and for those still trying to get it right, your persistence is also an inspiration, reminding me never to give up. I also have to thank those who post of personal or family tragedy, reminds me that it CAN happen to me, if I don’t take care of myself.

I wish I could tell you all of my success, but I’m not there yet. My consumption is way down, and it’s been a while since I was drunk, or even close. I have said it here often that change comes slowly to me, but for me, slow change is much more effective long term than trying to reverse a long time habit overnight. I have read a lot on the psychology of addiction, how our conscious / subconscious brain works, and believe the steps I’m taking to be as effective as anything else out there, so I'll continue down this path for now, and if things get out of hand again, reevaluate and go from there.

So, take care, ya’ll, I’m still standing!

Steve
Old 03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're still with us Steve. We probably haven't met, but it's good to hear that you seem to be making progress.

Do make sure that you get in touch at the slightest inkling of trouble. Most folks are way into it before they realize it.

Take care my friend.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi GM,

Nice to meet you, I have enjoyed and benifited from many of your posts. Thanks for the warning, I know I am still on a very slippery side of the slope. It's the best I can do at the moment.

S
Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and glad to see you again!

Blessings
Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Carol!

And the very best to you, too!

S
Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sounds like you're doing some homework Steve. I wish you well .
Old 03-23-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stairmaster

Steve, I, along with many others know what you are going thru. You have to go through what you have o go through to get where you have to go. Making a decision and admitting I could POSSIBLY have a problem was actually just a bandaid that would eventually fall off. I did not want to live or feel like *&^& anymore. It took awhile, but I got a sponsor who got me into the steps quick, I had problems with HP. I didn't feel like a HP could help & how. My sponsor asked me if I ask an airline pilot for his credentials before I fly, I said know I just trust he has them. He said then why are you asking God for his. 2years and 2 months later I never ask or think that again. 17 years I abused alcohol and other drugs along with much destruction. Do it for yourself my friend, today can be a new start on an incredible journey.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hi Steve,

Don't think we've met yet but it's nice to meet you.

Ted
Old 03-25-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Steve,

Welcome (back). Glad to hear this place has helped you out! Keep up the fight dude!

Philip
Old 03-25-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello, again,

Thank you all for taking the time to say Hi. I have seen you all around, nice to meet you.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday eve, I'm just catching up on some office work, and reminding myself how much more I get done, how much more weekend I get to enjoy without drinking the weekend away.

Take care, all, enjoy the rest of the we
S